Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I broke my 15 years old Curbs Mug this morning - got me thinking

Alan's faded boat will no longer smile at me in the morning, at first I thought this breakage was nothing bad a terrible omen to come, then I thought on a little

It was laying a ghost to rest, no more thinking "what would Curbs do?"

The pr'aps king is dead, finally, long live the nice flat cap King

Comments

• I broke my favourite Charlton mug last week too! Sad times.
  • broke mine a couple of weeks ago. devastated.
  • I have a work Charlton mug and a home Charlton mug. I would be distraught if either broke. Or if anyone else used them.
  • I broke my mug with the Woolwich Kits on last week ! This can't be coincidence
  • I'm going to bubble wrap my Mesh one and use a straw for my tea!!!
  • I don't like the sound of all this, and am glad I don't have a Charlton mug of any description. Does it mean we will be relegated by Christmas and extinct by May?
  • my favourite 1981 muppets mug is still going strong.
    i'll be distraught when it goes.
  • I broke mine the night I got it. El kak had just popped a last minute free kick past Blackburn to win the game. Went home handle less.
  • I saw the thread title and thought, "I'm sure oohahh is older than 15"!
  • One of my housemates at uni broke my Charlton mug last year, but didn't have the heart to tell me. 5 lads and not one could offer any explanation other than shrugged shoulders. I blame that moment for why I failed
  • Sponsored links:

• I had two go in quick secession at work. Was a very bad day. Need to get a new one when the season starts!
  • I had a Charlton mug but the handle fell off as I picked it up full of tea. It was only a couple of months old. If memory serves me well, it happened on the day Les Reed was appointed, but I might be making that up.
  • Glad you didn't say cup, as we don't do cups ;-(
  • its quite appropriate that your curbs mug has left you after 15 years service when you think about it...?

sorry for your loss :~(

RIP fatkit mug.

• I propose a minutes silence for the Curbs Mug.

RIP fella.
  • Yes, this is clearly a solemn occasion. RIP, mug.
  • The sad demise of the mug puts everything in perspective. We must try to think of a fitting memorial. Should we consider naming one of the stands after it?
  • The sad demise of the mug puts everything in perspective. We must try to think of a fitting memorial. Should we consider naming one of the stands after it?

Rename the JSS stand "The Mugs Stand" Would be very apt when we play palace and millwall.
  • My thoughts are with the mug's family!!

• Without him there would have been no royal daulton.
  • Sponsored links:

• An Aussie fella in the IT department next door took my Charlton mug when I forgot to put it in my desk. This is the conversation that followed when I asked for it back:

Me: Excuse me, mate, can I have my mug back please?

Aussie: That's a bit f*cking petty, isn't it?

Me: You what?

Aussie: It's a bit f*cking petty. It's only a f*cking mug.

Me: What are you swearing for, mate? I'm being polite, aren't I? I know it's only a mug but it's MY mug.

Aussie: Take you fucking mug.

Me: (grabbing mug off him): YOU F*CKING PRICK!
  • you should have just said thank you and walked off, then came back with it in your sock and sashed the sh1t out of him with it
  • hawksmoor said:

An Aussie fella in the IT department next door took my Charlton mug when I forgot to put it in my desk. This is the conversation that followed when I asked for it back:

Me: Excuse me, mate, can I have my mug back please?

Aussie: That's a bit f*cking petty, isn't it?

Me: You what?

Aussie: It's a bit f*cking petty. It's only a f*cking mug.

Me: What are you swearing for, mate? I'm being polite, aren't I? I know it's only a mug but it's MY mug.

Aussie: Take you fucking mug.

Me: (grabbing mug off him): YOU F*CKING PRICK!

Don't worry, Hawksmoor, I am mobilising the Red Division right now, and we'll be round in a jiffy.

• I have a Charlton mug, which sits unused in a cupboard, next to a Palace one bought for me as a pisstake. The 2 glare and scowl at each other at nightime no doubt.

This reminded me that on the pies website I saw this photo of a young Curbs...

• Somebody's Curbs mug had to be broken, so p'raps this year, why couldn't it be fatkit's.
  • Thank you for your kind words in this difficult time