Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A&E at QEH

2»

Comments

• BIG_ROB said:

Was there about four months ago, early hours of the morning full of piss heads that had fallen over/had a fight who eventually got bored of waiting (as there was nothing really wrong with them in the first place).

I was checked on arrival then waited a couple of hours and was seen again and given the ok to go home.

Decent service and the wait is due to how busy it gets rather than negligence

That infection still not cleared up yet Dave pal?! Hard luck.....

; )
    never been the same since last time i visited you.....
  • I am all in favour of the NHS. However because of my experiences, when I get 'the' news, after clearing up my affairs, it's off to Beachy Head rather than the inevitable further suffering in their hands.
  • seth plum said:

I am all in favour of the NHS. However because of my experiences, when I get 'the' news, after clearing up my affairs, it's off to Beachy Head rather than the inevitable further suffering in their hands.

Seth, give it a few more weeks. We might sign a striker :-)
  • seth plum said:

I am all in favour of the NHS. However because of my experiences, when I get 'the' news, after clearing up my affairs, it's off to Beachy Head rather than the inevitable further suffering in their hands.

Seth, give it a few more weeks. We might sign a striker :-)
    hahahaha funniest post of the month on a pretty grim thread
  • The respiratory unit and staff are great
  • edited July 2013
    My father caught MSRA there about 7 years ago a few months after he was cleared of it he died ----i will always believe it was his fight (an eldeerly man) against that bug that left him so week he couldnt fight of pnewmonia which he died of a few moths later.
  • In any hospital there will always be pockets of excellence along with pockets of unacceptable standards. I know that both exist in QE2H.
  • Thanks everyone. Keep 'em coming.
  • I know it's about a different hospital, but had a very mixed experience at Lewisham at the weekend when I had an emergency op to remove my appendix. But it was massively concerning and frustrating that they couldn't get some routine things right. And the lack of lack of logic/common sense in the system is alarming. Obviously I totally support the A&E staying open; it's a no brainer and I cannot see ANY logic in it closing. But logic doesn't seem to come into it. And I missed a night out and the Pompey game and club day!