Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• A cock and ball story if ever I heard one.
  • the silly bint who made its says "a great day for feminism" --------how so ? its a big cockerel---------------its a male bird ? mind you she looks like its the only cok she will ever get close to.
  • what is going on in this benighted country .. a huge blue bird 'sculpted' by a German feminist (female) in 'celebration' of feminism ..... get a f***ing grip Boris Johnson or you might find that you're the next Trafalgar Square 'tourist attraction' .. hanging by the neck from a lamppost
  • Hahaha its f****** ridiculous, its not April 1st right?
  • Bit too spurs for my liking
  • "She [the sculptor, Katharina Fritsch, 57] said she did not know the cockerel was the unofficial symbol of France...." It's not the cockerel that bothers me, it's her jaw-dropping ignorance.
  • Too ridiculous to even joke about.
  • get a f***ing grip Boris Johnson or you might find that you're the next Trafalgar Square 'tourist attraction' .. hanging by the neck from a lamppost

It's London 2013 not Milan 1945.

Looks fine and is only temporary even if you don't like it.
  • get a f***ing grip Boris Johnson or you might find that you're the next Trafalgar Square 'tourist attraction' .. hanging by the neck from a lamppost

Sanity at last.
  • Walked past it today, good bit of fun and was drawing a lot of attention from the tourists.
  • Sponsored links:

• what is going on in this benighted country .. a huge blue bird 'sculpted' by a German feminist (female) in 'celebration' of feminism ..... get a f***ing grip Boris Johnson or you might find that you're the next Trafalgar Square 'tourist attraction' .. hanging by the neck from a lamppost

So a big blue cock was spotted in Trafalgar Square unveiling a statue.

But it's foreign and every right thinking person knows that everything foreign is wrong, and anyone who thinks otherwise wants to have muslims in their house telling them what to do, and wants the union flag replaced with the flag of Indiastan or somewhere, and wants women telling them what time they have to go to bed, and wants Britain re-named the united colours of commiestan... and wants the pound replaced with the Zloty and they should all die if they ever disagree with anything I ever say because I made up my mind what I thought about the world when I was twelve and I have been right ever since... *froth, froth, froth...*
  • I thought it was Norman Colliers headstone.
  • I work in Trafalgar Square and was there when it was unveiled. I think it is brilliant and as the artist says its a bit of fun. Brightens up the square. It takes the mickey out of men puffing their chests out.

But it's foreign and every right thinking person knows that everything foreign is wrong, and anyone who thinks otherwise wants to have muslims in their house telling them what to do, and wants the union flag replaced with the flag of Indiastan or somewhere, and wants women telling them what time they have to go to bed, and wants Britain re-named the united colours of commiestan... and wants the pound replaced with the Zloty and they should all die if they ever disagree with anything I ever say because I made up my mind what I thought about the world when I was twelve and I have been right ever since... *froth, froth, froth...*
    If you are going to cut and paste from Charlton Loyal, at least acknowledge it ;)
  • Fourth Plinth is used for a constant stream of 'modern' toot.
  • edited July 2013
    To all those who like a bloody good moan at the fourth plinth my question is, what's on the other three plinths?

My bet is that if you take away the military historians, the obsessional nutcases and the twitchy-fingered wikipediaphiles only a tiny fraction of people could name all three. And even for those that do know, how may only found out because of publicity generated by the 4th plinth?
  • Stig said:

To all those who like a bloody good moan at the fourth plinth my question is, what's on the other three plinths?

My bet is that if you take away the military historians, the obsessional nutcases and the twitchy-fingered wikipediaphiles only a tiny fraction of people could name all three. And even for those that do know, how may only found out because of publicity generated by the 4th plinth?

I only remember one - Charles Napier who captured the province of Sindh in what was then India and I think is now Pakistan. He sent back a one word telegram saying "peccavi" - Latin for "I have sinned".
  • Stig said:

I couldn't name any of them. But I know that St Martin-in-the-Fields, in the north-east corner, was designed by James Gibbs and not Archer or Hawksmoor, popular misconceptions.

• Sponsored links:

• Thought it was funny that as a German, she's complaining about the square being dominated by military men.

I quite like it but it's not a "Victory for feminism" you stupid tart, it's a plastic chicken.
  • Algarveaddick said everything foreign is wrong. where is the Algarve.
  • Mosscat no understand
  • No sorry bit silly

brilliant
  • The problem is that it is crass in the extreme, has no artistic merit or integrity and is merely there to create media interest and to make London seem like a fun place to be.

All the guff that's coming out about feminism, poking fun at the masculinity of the other statues, a post ironic statement about the role of men in war and the attendant hero worship is nothing more than hyperbole from a second rate artist nicking a living from the gullible and as Boris correctly pointed out has no more humour than Finbar Saunders.

As a memorial to females in a war environment take a walk around the corner and have a look at the statue of Florence Nightingale.

If you want a look at proper relevant art on the other hand check out Shine's posts and the images he has of the work of real artists with something to say, including himself.
  • JWADDICK said:

As a memorial to females in a war environment take a walk around the corner and have a look at the statue of Florence Nightingale.

I think you mean Edith Cavell?