Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Advice needed

2»

Comments

• none of them want to play no more I sent them a picture of the tools I was going to use upon the shipper when he arrived as none of them replied to my nicer responses

• none of them want to play no more I sent them a picture of the tools I was going to use upon the shipper when he arrived as none of them replied to my nicer responses

Is that AFKA?

NLA, there is no shipping agent involved and the scam is not based around nicking your motor.

At the end of the process they will seemingly make a legit payment to you (via dodgy paypall, c/f cheque or whatever) but also include an overpayment for you to use to pay the imaginary shipping agent by money transfer, credit card or whatever. Soon as that's done...hey presto they've got your dosh and you sit around waiting for the bank to tell you that actually, despite looking initially legit, their payment is about as good as an out of court settlement from a certain football club...
  • but that's not fun I wanted one to come rd , I don't do transactions online so they would never have got away with it with me , but I really hoped one would come and play I have petrol a lighter, a bat , pliers and a nice set of bolt cutters
  • If you are reasonably honest, and your price is realistic, then a £35 ad in the local paper is still your best bet. If it is up to it, have it valeted, even MOT'd, and first to view will buy.
    Don't hand over the keys until the money is lodged, and start searching now for the log book and any bills and service history.
    If you follow most of that you probably won't get scammed, and will get a better price than a trade in or webyuanyshite.
  • I have just put it in the local Rag thanks Seth,