Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comfort Corner - the thread where you can have a rant and someone will reassure you

These are stressful times. The rules are simple - if you need to rant about something, just go ahead. The next poster must be a comforter to reassure the ranting person. So bigrob would you like to start?

Comments

• Big rob is fine Thai Malaysia Addick, there is no need for you to worry.
  • But what are we going to do? Kermy might get injured and Solly might go to West Ham this week.
  • Well rest assured Thai, if my experience today is anything to go by, if Solly plans on taking the M25 at any stage to 'go West Ham', then he most probably won't be arriving there this week.

If Kermy gets injured, do not fear, Phil Chapple could put down Championship Manager, and do an emergency turn up front again.
  • and every single thread I click on in Charlton life theres a doom monger either moaning about the directors or moaning about Dale Stephens whatever happened to live love laugh and be happy
  • Don't worry Shrew, it's nearly the start of the season. We can start talking about the football again soon.
  • edited July 2013
    Don't you mean moaning about the football :)
  • I can't open a newspaper without hating the newspaper, the journalists who wrote the article and the politician that they are writing about. Then I hate myself for even buying the newspaper
  • Dont worry McBobbin, the simple answer is to buy more newspapers. There is only an acceptable level of hate you can carry before either you become a bit blase about it, or you end up doing something stupid.

Either way, I think things now need to come to a head, dont you ?
  • Buy the Mail
  • BIG_ROB said:

Buy the Mail

I thought this was supposed to be comfort corner :0
  • Sponsored links:

• look at them on line for free and then gloat that it didn't cost you anything but your time
  • I was just crossing the road by shortlands station and some silly old man nearly ran me over. I was going to have a go at him but then saw he had a charlton sticker on his car.
  • Mosscat said:

I was just crossing the road by shortlands station and some silly old man nearly ran me over. I was going to have a go at him but then saw he had a charlton sticker on his car.

Sounds like one of a couple on here.....!
  • Yes he looked like a charlton fan but then again what does the average charlton fan look like.
  • edited July 2013
    It was the "silly old" bit I was alluding to. ; )
  • I am feeling uncomfortable about the fact that Comfort Corner is not proving comforting. Can anyone help?
  • If you got too comfortable Thai you would just fall asleep, its helping you cut your ties from your need of mothering whilst still being held by the Charlton Life community.
  • I only lasted three seconds last night and the missus said those two words that mean it patently isn't - 'it's OK'. Well no, it bloody is not. Bad mood today.
  • Go to the bathroom and make up for last nights performance on your own, this will also improve your mood. Then tonight, give the wife a bit of 'special' time for herself. You will then find she and you can be happy and rested.
  • Mosscat said:

I was just crossing the road by shortlands station and some silly old man nearly ran me over. I was going to have a go at him but then saw he had a charlton sticker on his car.

Sorry

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks DRF, feel better now, mood is lifted!
  • Happy to help. At least some threads do what they say on the tin!

• I underestimated you DRF, I might turn to you for advice in future !
  • I wonder how many posts there will be on this thread if we lose at Bournemouth
  • Don't worry Thai, there is no need to wonder. Our post count should provide an accurate representation. Hope that will ease your concern
  • vffvff
    edited July 2013
    I am concerned that the club is run by shady characters with a failed business plan and a totally unworkable plan to get their money back. This could lead to the sale of the ground at best or an even more shady / despicable owner owning the club.

The result will be the club ground down into the dust with the end results that I have to end up supporting Ebbsfleet and having to pay a packet to get there on the high speed train from London.

I tried the owners but the phone just rung with no answer.

Can you provide any comfort (reassurance) ?
  • vffvff
    edited July 2013
    Ffs 'comfort' not 'Comfort' .

• My next door neighbours have complained three times about the noise from our house. Last night they threatened to call the police. Should I just sit and worry, or tell them we were out on all three occasions.
  • My next door neighbours have complained three times about the noise from our house. Last night they threatened to call the police. Should I just sit and worry, or tell them we were out on all three occasions.

Just smoke a phat one and relax my friend. What are the rozzers really going to do? Shoot you? Relax bruv.