Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Baroness Lawrence: Stephen’s mother Doreen to be given seat in the Lords

2»

Comments

• Options
    BFR
    I think you need to consider the truth of your statement that 'they actively conspired to instead protect them...' Who are 'they'? Each and every Metropolitan police officer? Perhaps some/many were incompetent but to charge 'the police' with a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice is self evidently bollocks.

Apart from a personal distaste for 'gongs' of any sort, that is the only issue which I would question on this thread. Having not lost a child in such terrible circumstances I would not challenge her campaign which has certainly caused all police forces to re-evaluate the service they are required to provide.
  • Options

Even if you don't believe Mrs Lawrence deserves a place in the Lords, pause for a minute and think about a good number of people already there before you post. Jeffrey Archer for starters.

I think you can more or less end the discussion there, you've basically said all that needs to be said.
  • Options

Exactly se9addick. She steadfastly refused to give up. Let's remember she didn't ask to become a figurehead for anything, she didn't volunteer for the situation she found herself in. Does anyone really think that if she had a choice she wouldn't rather still have her son and anonimity.

She fought for justice for her son as any mother would, black or white.

Exactly AddickUpNorth, like ANY mother would and has done before and since.

I'm just saying she is treated differently because it was a racist attack and I stand by that. Not her fault but I still stand by the point.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't think white mothers fighting for justice for their sons would come up against what Doreen did with the police force

Edit: obviously I'm referring to the racist issue regarding the old bill and we know that there could be problems with "twisting the truth" regarding anyone
  • Options

I don't think white mothers fighting for justice for their sons would come up against what Doreen did with the police force

Hillsborough familys? Not only white (irrelivant) but football fans too. Police, Govt, media, general public.

Lots of people fight for justice, lots of people are still fighting for justice.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Just remember if you haven't got anything good to say about Doreen then best off not saying it on here folks.

Buckshee to be fair its a thread on her getting the invite, so I gave an opinion on that.
    No one, myself included, has said anything bad about Doreen Lawrence.
  • Options

Lots of parents suffer what she did and I would not wish it on any of them.

But I think the Lawrence murder gets more publicity/attention/sympathy than most due to to the nature of it (White on Black racist attack) and I think her obvious (the Mother) link to it, means she also gets treated differently to the relatives of many other murdered people by the system, the media and general public.

Nout against the woman but thats my opinion and that's what I meant BFR, when I said that is why she has been invited.

If Mrs Lawrences white son had been despicibly killed in a racist attack that night, I don't think the invite would be there.

Oh, now there's a fucking surprise.

So I'm not allowed an opinion Ormiston? On a thread about Doreen Lawrence getting an invite, i'm not allowed an opinion on Doreen Lawrence getting the invite, even though I have not said a bad word against the lady.
  • Options

Hillsborough familys? Not only white (irrelivant) but football fans too. Police, Govt, media, general public.

Lots of people fight for justice, lots of people are still fighting for justice.
    An unexpected, but surprisigly good comeback there :-)
  • Options
    Closing this, as too potentially disruptive this one.

We all know that for some reason, there are a lot of people that don't like Doreen Lawrence.

Unless they have also had their child horrifically murdered and struggled to see those responsible brought to justice, they've no opinion worth listening to as it is governed by their race related views.

Whether her efforts make her suitable for a place in the House of Lords, gawd knows. But i doubt if you discovered the reason why anyone in the House of Lords attained their place you would agree with virtually any of them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!