Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FOOTGOLF

I have had a look back but cant see anything about it on CL but has anyone played the above?

Looking at a few websites and youtube this could a great laugh!!

If anyone has played this could you let me know where you played and how much was it?

Cheers

Comments

• I have had a look back but cant see anything about it on CL but has anyone played the above?

Looking at a few websites and youtube this could a great laugh!!

If anyone has played this could you let me know where you played and how much was it?

Cheers

Apparently they play it at fawkenham valley golf club (corinthians) and to be honest thats all the course is good for.
  • Me & my mates used to play this when we were kids back in the late 70's. The playing field we used even had a wooded area and sand bunkers (for the school long jump) we had to avoid. Didn't go as far as making a dirty great big hole, we used an old dustbin lying on it's side.

Funny how it's now caught on as a sport........................
  • I've never heard of footgolf. Headgolf would be fun too!
  • Looks a good laugh. Would be good for the daytime on a stag - mine's next year but we might be too far away from Croydon, we're going to central London.

While I think about it, anyone been to one of these?:

urbangolf.co.uk/

If so, any good?

If anyone else has daytime ideas for a stag, let me know! Cheap as would rather not price people out of it, and would rather spend money on the beers than £100 at paintball, karting etc!
  • Sorry some of that is a bit off topic!
  • Urban golf is a laugh, but is absolutely nothing like real golf. Putting is a joke, the distances are all way, way off and it takes a lot longer than you would think, considering you're not actually walking between shots.

Good fun with a bunch of mates though.
  • Urban golf is a laugh, but is absolutely nothing like real golf. Putting is a joke, the distances are all way, way off and it takes a lot longer than you would think, considering you're not actually walking between shots.

Agree with that Leroy. Brilliantly a mate of mine actually managed to lose a ball at urban golf as well, which is nigh on impossible.
  • I've done frisbee golf and archery golf... They were both good fun

Sounds good - we're not golfers, just need something entertaining during the day on the Saturday while we're hungover to kill a few hours and recover before getting back on the beers!
  • red_murph said:

Urban golf is a laugh, but is absolutely nothing like real golf. Putting is a joke, the distances are all way, way off and it takes a lot longer than you would think, considering you're not actually walking between shots.

Agree with that Leroy. Brilliantly a mate of mine actually managed to lose a ball at urban golf as well, which is nigh on impossible.
    Lmfao. That would be a legend that would never die if it happened to anyone in my regular fourball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Urban golf....

I enjoyed it but thats because u can swing away merrily over lunch time. Would be happy hitting it into a net actually and i think that applies to most. As leroy says, dont expect the simulators to accurately reflect ur shots

but good with a few beers sure and it's very reasonably priced
  • Remember how much it was? Doesn't say on website!

• Hi Neil

I paid a tenner for 2 hours including a sarnie

cheaper if u "tee off" before 2pm I believe

ill have a check for u now mate
  • Ok found the prices but they are hidden

if u go on Sundays to either soho or Kensington its half price @ 20 sobs an hour

group of 3-5 and ur laughing at that price.

I only been to the city branch but its all gonma be the same I imagine
  • http://www.footgolfengland.co.uk - a group of us going in a few weeks. Has anyone played it and have any tips?
  • Ok found the prices but they are hidden

if u go on Sundays to either soho or Kensington its half price @ 20 sobs an hour

group of 3-5 and ur laughing at that price.

I only been to the city branch but its all gonma be the same I imagine

Cheers for that matt, definitely one to consider for the stag, sounds a laugh!

DOn't suppose you or anyone else knows roughly how long a round would take? 6 people per simulator doing Scramble, I think.
  • My friend has recently become the "Footgolf Regional Development manager" for the South East whatever that is! They will soon be 3 courses in Kent - Fokestone Sports Centre, Corinthians in Fawkham and Orpington Golf Centre (which I am attending a "top secret" test run for tonight.

It's a good laugh and takes around 2 hours to complete a round (18) You can also sign up go be a member and take place in competitions etc at courses around the south east.

DOn't suppose you or anyone else knows roughly how long a round would take? 6 people per simulator doing Scramble, I think.
    Well over 3 hours - and that's without pissing about in between shots
  • Anyone been to the Orpington one?

I'd love to have a go at this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not played footgolf but doing this for a mates stag in August...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMx0urwVRo

Well over 3 hours - and that's without pissing about in between shots
    We're there for 3! Might stick to the Par 3 9 hole course!
  • Addicted said:

Not played footgolf but doing this for a mates stag in August...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMx0urwVRo

Gotta say, that looks a right laugh. Wouldn't mind playing that myself if I were 15 years younger and didn't have a f***ed back...............
  • Huskaris said:

Anyone been to the Orpington one?

I'd love to have a go at this.

Did this one with the kids on Monday, got away with the weather except for the last 4-holes which were rather rushed. Managed a birdie on the 8th and think i got par on 1 or 2 others but otherwise got an appalling score, just pleased mne was marginally less appalling than the kids scores
  • Been twice so far, one in Orpington and one in Addington. Found the course in Addington to be far better. Longer distances as well as generally more challenging course.
  • I am sure there has been another thread about merging two sports together. Wrestling golf would be fun, I suspect.
  • Been twice so far, one in Orpington and one in Addington. Found the course in Addington to be far better. Longer distances as well as generally more challenging course.

I agree about Addington. They even have someone driving a golf buggy around the course selling beers!!