Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barry Fry - You Fat Midwife

Anyone else heard Barry Fry on the radio or SSN describing how he delivered his grand kid ? Love that bloke, proper character

Comments

• Indeed, he is a cracking bloke.

That documentary with him, Big Ron and Steve Bleasdale at Posh was superb.
  • Well he was a Busby Babe!
  • I hate him with a real passion. I would say I hate him the most out of anyone involved in Football.
  • His autobiography was good reading especially the barnet days. Also didn't realise he was a busby babe till I read the book.
  • cackev didn't say why he hates BF - but I guess there must be a reason? I was fourth official at Barnet's debut in the football league, where they lost 7-3 at home to Crewe. He was enthusiasm personified. I can't think of a single guy in football who is more natural and humble.
  • Always good for a story is Big Bazza. Two clubs owe their probable survival to him, Barnet and Peterborough, as well as his grandchild of course !!
  • PeterGage said:

cackev didn't say why he hates BF - but I guess there must be a reason? I was fourth official at Barnet's debut in the football league, where they lost 7-3 at home to Crewe. He was enthusiasm personified. I can't think of a single guy in football who is more natural and humble.

Then drew 5-5 next game in the League Cup against Brentford I think.

• Also this doesnt mention that the baby's dad is Craig Mackail Smith
  • I'm sure i've mentioned this before, we were on a coach back from Blackburn around 1992 (we won, Leaburn scored, a load of us run on the pitch).

We stopped at somewhere like Watford Gap on the way back, and as we were walking into the service station, Barry Fry was walking in front of us.

After the very original 'you fat b**tard' chant which he laughed along to, the cry 'bundle' went up and before long Bazza was rugby tackled to the ground in the car park with about a dozen herberts pilling on top of him. We thought it was a laugh, but looking back it could have been pretty terrifying.

But he was just wresling at the bottom in his suit shouting out 'get off ya f***ers, ya b**tards'. He got up all dishevelled, hair all over the shop, but he had a massive grin on his face and loved it.

Top geeza !
  • Once or twice
  • Sponsored links:

• I have never heard that after all these years.
    Very funny.
  • I hadn't heard it either, but sounds funny.
    not sure why, but when someone mentions Barry Fry I picture Bernard Manning.
  • I'm sure i've mentioned this before, we were on a coach back from Blackburn around 1992 (we won, Leaburn scored, a load of us run on the pitch).

We stopped at somewhere like Watford Gap on the way back, and as we were walking into the service station, Barry Fry was walking in front of us.

After the very original 'you fat b**tard' chant which he laughed along to, the cry 'bundle' went up and before long Bazza was rugby tackled to the ground in the car park with about a dozen herberts pilling on top of him. We thought it was a laugh, but looking back it could have been pretty terrifying.

But he was just wresling at the bottom in his suit shouting out 'get off ya f***ers, ya b**tards'. He got up all dishevelled, hair all over the shop, but he had a massive grin on his face and loved it.

Top geeza !

No more needs to be said, top bloke.
  • Briefly met him at the football league conference in Vilamoura when having a beer with Chris and Sue Parkes in the summer, cracking bloke, Chris and Sue really like him and his missus too.

Would love to know what he has done to you Kev to be hated above people like Lee Hughes, Maradonna, Phil Thompson and Suarez?
  • PeterGage said:

cackev didn't say why he hates BF - but I guess there must be a reason? I was fourth official at Barnet's debut in the football league, where they lost 7-3 at home to Crewe. He was enthusiasm personified. I can't think of a single guy in football who is more natural and humble.

The reason I hate him is because he almost single handly destroyed Maidstone Utd when he was the manager. The players even considered going out on strike while he was the manager.
  • edited August 2013
    Not everyone shares your view by the look of it Kev...

http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/tag/barry-fry/
  • PeterGage said:

I thought it was 4-7 but no matter. Interested to hear there were 4th officals at that level, that long ago.

• Not everyone share's your veiw by the look of it Kev...

http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/tag/barry-fry/

It was at least 30 years ago, so maybe I hold a grudge slightly longer than most! I still hate him tho

Top geeza !

Brilliant story - another one for the book about supporting Charlton away.