Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AHOY THERE

2»

Comments

• As sent to Marc Ashdown of the BBC who broke Ben Odeje's story http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/arise-sir-ben-odeje-1
  • I'm starting to think this 'Roy' geezer is an advanced form of artificial intelligence. Reading his posts is just like you'd imagine something written by a machine learning English conversational skills via a Turing engine would be.

I would question the use of the word 'advanced' Leroy.
  • Roy said:

As sent to Marc Ashdown of the BBC who broke Ben Odeje's story http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/arise-sir-ben-odeje-1

During the war...

• I'm starting to think this 'Roy' geezer is an advanced form of artificial intelligence. Reading his posts is just like you'd imagine something written by a machine learning English conversational skills via a Turing engine would be.

I would question the use of the word 'advanced' Leroy.
    It's a relative term. Artificial intelligence is so difficult to achieve that the first true AI would make Wayne Rooney sound like Einstein.
  • The original AHOY THERE message that I posted here on August 17 was a well intentioned A Deo et Rege orientated communication, aimed at sharing information, designed to dovetail with the aims of THE PRINCE'S FOUNDATION for BUILDING COMMUNITY :TRANSFORMING LIVES through ENGAGING, EDUCATING and EMPOWERING PEOPLE. The Prince's Foundation 19-22 Charlotte Road, London EC2A 3SG Tel +44 (0)20 7613 8500 http://www.princes-foundation.org/

This morning the Republic Campaign wrote this on their facebook page 'Prince Charles apparently has a veto on new developments in London. Charles needs to be stopped from becoming King' http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/architecture/prince-charles-has-veto-over-major-new-developments-claims-leading-architect-8780507.html

I concluded the original AHOY THERE message with these words Good luck to Chris Powell, and his Charlton team today at Barnsley, kick-off 3pm, and later in the afternoon we were treated to a great comeback from the dead (i.e 2-0 down) at Barnsley by Chris Powell's Charlton see YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHTS: Barnsley Football Club Official 2 Charlton 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYpdJ2JsIk&safe=active

I don't know who Charlton Athletic's current chaplain is, but I hope he (or she?) will understand why today I feel that it is necessary to make the following contribution :

Our Father, which art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy name;
    thy kingdom come;
    thy will be done,
    in earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive them that trespass against us.
    And lead us not into temptation;
    but deliver us from evil.
    [For thine is the kingdom,
    the power, and the glory,
    for ever and ever.]
    Amen.
  • You muppet. The correct quote is...'thy will be done ON earth...' Not IN earth. He's not a gardener. I've had to admonish you before about your quotes now shape up or Prince Chazza and Queen Brenda won't invite you to their next garden party:-)
  • This just gets weirder and weirder.
  • Good luck to Chris Powell, and his Charlton team today against Doncaster at the Valley kick-off 15.00 BST. I'll also be keeping an eye out for my old Bournemouth team mate Kevin Bond's QPR, who are playing Bolton at the Reebok kick-off 12.15 BST. I hope Kevin is coping with the pressures of his jet set existence.
  • Ahoy there,, I have a teamsheet with Ben's name on it from a youth cup game at West Ham in 1973 if you would like a copy
  • Ben who ? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Roy said:

Good luck to Chris Powell, and his Charlton team today against Doncaster at the Valley kick-off 15.00 BST. I'll also be keeping an eye out for my old Bournemouth team mate Kevin Bond's QPR, who are playing Bolton at the Reebok kick-off 12.15 BST. I hope Kevin is coping with the pressures of his jet set existence.

Ah I get it, if you drop in enough biographical references we'll be able to guess who you are. OK I'll play; I think you are Bournemouth's old outside right Roy Littlejohn ;-)
  • My prayers have been answered, yesterday morning I received a letter from my MP informing me that the Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) have been forced to record my complaint against Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Met Commissioner of Police, and they will be contacting me once the complaint is recorded.

Between 2004-2010, John Austin my former MP for Erith & Thamesmead, helped me progress my individual FOOTBALL AGAINST RACISM IN EUROPE (FARE) legal development case all the way to the Home Secretary's desk, after I had defeated the IPCC, and Lord Blair, the former Met Commissioner of Police at Judicial Review, before the Hon Mr Justice Goldring in the Royal Courts of Justice on the 28th February 2007.

Since 2010, following a boundary change, David Evennett has been my MP for Bexleyheath & Crayford. David Evennett recently voted against the Government on same sex marriage, but he still retains his position as Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury.

If any further proof was required that miracles still happen, Charlton's game at the Valley against Doncaster was abandoned yesterday at half-time with Doncaster leading 3-1. This divine intervention comes just one week after Chris Powell's Charlton team came back from the dead i.e 2-0 down at Barnsley :-)
  • edited August 2013
    Ahoy there, Roy. Avast!

Agree with this, either way the dull repetition is bordering on annoying and amusing at the same time, good troll or a dull man I dunno
  • You know what? I think posters like this are better candidates for banning than some of the more obvious trolls.
  • Not guilty some people appreciate my UNITY IN THE COMMUNITY work http://www.facebook.com/roy.hobson.965/posts/537512669652516

Good luck to Chris Powell, and his Charlton team tonight at Huddersfield 7.45 KO
  • Don't know why, but I keep thinking of this....

http://youtu.be/E8tYRm8sfQM
  • Ever opened and read a thread and then so, so, so wished you hadn't? Yep, me too.
  • edited August 2013
    Well, at least we know the bloke's real:
    flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/4908440360/in/photostream/
  • A candidate for care in the community:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9cKgj4UB4
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2013
    This bloke has really got your collective goat,Ambrose & Legal ...candidate for banning and care in the community

Leave the bloke alone, there's far worse on here.
  • Madre de dios
  • Brilliant ! Ahoy there Roy.

Can we have an update on Ben Odeje please ?
  • Brilliant ! Ahoy there Roy.

Can we have an update on Ben Odeje please ?

Ben who?

• The first black footballer to play for England at any level. Keep up Offy!
  • Congratulations to Chris Powell and his team http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22648085 Charlton 2 Leicester 1 a result that Andrew Webster my old friend from Addey & Stanhope School knew was a foregone conclusion while he was otherwise engaged at London Heathrow International Airport: Terminal 5 :-)

@Redskin thank you for recognising, and exposing the 'collective goat' ...candidate for banning and care in the community I have had to live with this type of abusive zeitgeist for 22 years since I became a prisoner of conscience, when I was imprisoned after I discovered that the NF/BNP were being allowed to use the Old Addeyans FC/ Densitron International PLC clubhouse in Bromley for their malevolent 'Planning for Real' meetings in the 1990/91 football season.
  • Charlton fan Rev Julie Conalty, the Vicar of Christ Church, Erith (not Dibley) wrote :

THAMES GATEWAY CITY CHALLENGE : OPEN HOUSE LONDON 2013 OPEN CITY T00

Hi Roy

You would be most welcome to help at Christ Church on Open House day. Joan Armitage will be expecting you from 10am on the Saturday to help set up and then you will be a valuable member of the team throughout the rest of the morning and into the afternoon if you can spare the time. I will see you there at some point.

Thank you for volunteering again.

Julie

Here is my response :

Rev Julie Conalty
    Christ Church, Erith
    Victoria Road, Erith, DA8 3AN

Dear Julie

Thank you for giving a poor sinner like me an Open House London 2013 'crack at redemption'.

As an Open House volunteer for Christ Church, Erith in 2012 Joan Armitage gave me a roving commission which allowed me to interact with everybody involved with 'The changing face of the tidal Thames : Thames Estuary Partnership & Institution of Civil Engineers walk.

I was therefore able to bring nearly thirty years of critical Thames Gateway, City Challenge development work, and experience to the event, which I know was appreciated by Roland Grzybek BSc Hons CEng FICE FCIWEM MIOSH Director, flood coast & environment, Europe public sector :

Dear Roy

I really do appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication in following up on what was an excellent day.

Kind regards

Roland

As you know the contemporary housing Crisis confronting us in Erith has reached a critical legal juncture for me personally. Stephen Couling and Dr Brian Hanson of HRH The Prince of Wales' Institute of Architecture can confirm that I was shortlisted for their Summer School to Oxford, Rome and Villa Lante at the time I discovered that the neo-Nazi NF/BNP/KKK/SS 33 The Watcher group were being allowed to use the Old Addeyans FC/Densitron International PLC clubhouse development for their malevolent 'Planning for Real' meetings. From St James's Palace to Belmarsh Prison was an unlikely career move, but I became a prisoner of conscience, and a letter from Dr Brian Hanson sent to me in Belmarsh was handed to Judge Smith prior to commencement of the ILCC trial Regina v Hobson 1991.

In June 2004 Ben Bolgar the Senior Design Director at the Prince's Foundation gave me his card after the BBC debate 'The Architects and the Prince' at the Farmiloes Building in Clerkenwell. I fully briefed Ben with regard to my individual legal case. and following our Open House interaction in September 2004, which also involved Lucy Faulkner the FA's Ethics and Sports Equity Manager, Ben concluded his fax dated 20th September 2004 with these words... I am not sure how much use we can be to you directly but wish you every success for 'justice not vengeance' in every area you direct your work.

I'm sure the new Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis will understand why I took the stand I did in 1991, and why I have continued to fight for JUSTICE NOT VENGEANCE right up to the present day. I hope that you, and Churches Together in Erith enjoy this video as much as I have :

The Installation of Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis as Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth - St John's Wood United Synagogue, London - Sunday 1st September 2013, 26th Elul 5773 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCKrWaIm8pw&safe=active

Our Lady of the Angels pray for us!

Kind regards

Roy