Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yeovil away [Dec 7th]

Engineering works between Salisbury and Yeovil Junction will affect anybody travelling from Waterloo , there is alternative route to Yeovil Pen Mill from Paddington advance cheaper tickets not available yet.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I was looking at going from Paddington and changing at Castle Cary.

Yup, Castle Cary to Yeovil Pen Mill is running and it's just under 15mins
  • I thought you didn't want to do Yeovil again
  • Going to be living in Bristol so coming from the otherside. Yay
  • Mike said:

I thought you didn't want to do Yeovil again

I didn't say that!
  • I'm up for it
  • clive said:

Engineering works between Salisbury and Yeovil Junction will affect anybody travelling from Waterloo , there is alternative route to Yeovil Pen Mill from Paddington advance cheaper tickets not available yet.

Thanks for that mate, was planning to go from Waterloo. Will seek an alternative route.
  • Coach journey between Salisbury and Yeovil over 2 hours.
  • Going via Castle Cary makes it at least 30mins quicker
  • The problem is with Yeovil Junction station is that it's almost right in the middle of the country and there is quite a long country lane to get to the town centre. There is a bus but it stops quite early in the evening and when it's dark there are no lights in that lane and unless you have a powerful torch it's difficult. It's the most direct station though but it's not the easiest when you get there.
  • Going down on the Friday staying two nights to enjoy the match and Yeovil - Love the place, me and my mate always do a Weekend trip whenever we're playing them
  • Sponsored links:

• Any Cardiff based fans planning on doing this one and could give a lift? Obviously will pitch in with the petrol?
  • anyone know how far the ground is from yeovil pen mill station.I want to book 181.18 train back does that leave me enough time ?
  • come on peeps surely someone has done the train journey before
  • Come on I'm waiting to press the key to purchase the tickets.
  • just under 3 miles pen hill
  • I know that want to know what forms of transport from ground to station and can I do it by 6.18
  • well a taxi would get you there.
  • Sorry, don't know how long, but...."Bus No.68 runs from both Yeovil Junction & Yeovil Pen Mill stations to the town centre. You can then take the regular First Traveller No.1 service (every 15 minutes), which drops you near the stadium at the Abbey Manor Park Housing Estate. The No.68 connects with the No.1 at the Lloyds TSB Bank, located on the town centre High Street (make sure you catch the No.1 with 'Abbey Manor Park' on the front). Just a few yards away from this changing point is the Mermaid pub which I can recommend for excellent food and beer. Anybody coming in by rail can buy a "Plus Bus" ticket with their rail ticket for an additional £2.80 which is valid on both the 68 and 1 services'. For bus timetables see the First Traveller website."

Hope this helps abit.
  • Dont try and get a taxi from the Ground to the Station after the match... All taxi companies refuse to travel to the area round the ground for up to an hour after the match
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that want to know what forms of transport from ground to station and can I do it by 6.18

Google or Google Maps? Most people would have gone via Junction previously.

I'm out, I've been twice and have booked the Friday and Monday off to hopefully tick off a couple of new grounds in Italy.

• fucking hell the trains at 18.18 on way home could sell out quite quickly!!

• Count me out as well.Getting there is a logistical nightmare even when the Waterloo service is running.

Having now completed my 92 now , I think Yeovil in the rain in 2009/10 will remain my sole visit for the time being.

That season I remember panicking on the day that the game might get called off.In my naive optimism I had hoped that we would bounce straight back up to the Championship and that may have been a unique opportunity to visit Huish Park as i could only see Yeovil heading the wrong way out of League One.

I certainly did not envisage the Glovers being promoted and us playing them in 2 out of the next 3 seasons.
  • Yeovil in December on that open terrace just says to me 'it'll piss down'. My clothes have only just dried from the last time i went there!

And for the guy who was asking about how to get back to the station, you can either get a bus or just walk back towards the town centre (took about 30 minutes if i remember rightly) and get a cab from there.
  • does anyone know what its like getting back to yeovil pen mill after the game?
  • I've no idea how that game in 2010 didn't get called off. Never, ever experienced rain like that in my life.
  • does anyone know what its like getting back to yeovil pen mill after the game?

The station is ten minutes walk max from the town centre.

So comfortably back by six, with time for a quick drink as well

The station is ten minutes walk max from the town centre.

So comfortably back by six, with time for a quick drink as well
    Cheers.
  • Looking forward to this 3 adults , 3 kids 8.34 from Paddington there by 11.20 and on the scrumpy, on 6.18 train back.
  • To any of you that do get time to stop in my pal's pub on the day her head chef is currently on this series of Masterchef. Marcus. So if you stop for lunch, you'll be eating his food.