Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Beagrie "blog" for Sky Sports - mentions Michael Smith & Chris Solly

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15231/8916446/peter-beagrie-blogs-on-afc-wimbledon-chris-solly-and-notts-county

DYNAMIC DONS
How big an achievement is Wimbledon's form, not only this season but since they were formed? -Patrick Callow

BEAGS SAYS: In many respects, Patrick, the phoenix club's rise has been nothing short of miraculous; five promotions in nine seasons saw them regain league status from the ninth tier of English football (the Combined Counties Premier League), and fans will feel totally justified in their decision to preserve the identity, tradition and, more importantly, location of the club. The three amigos, Kris Stewart, Mark Jones and Trevor Williams, were instrumental in the reformation and the trials on Wimbledon Common on June 29, 2002 where they chose their squad - and attracting 230 players was definitely a scriptwriter's dream. Neil Ardley is the man holding the reins at the moment and has strong links to the Wimbledon of old as a former team-mate of Messrs Jones and Fashanu. Since saving his team from relegation on the final day of last term with a 2-1 win at Kingsmeadow versus Fleetwood, Ardley has recruited well and the Dons have had a storming start to the season. Loanee Michael Smith (pictured), from Charlton, a 6ft 4in battering ram, is a quality addition, while on-loan Burnley man George Porter provides a good supply line. If Ardley can instil the never-say-die old Wimbledon spirit into his team, this chapter of the story would eclipse all previous ones.

SUPER SOLLY
Are you surprised no-one signed Chris Solly from Charlton? Why did John Brayford and Jack Hunt get Premier League moves but not Solly? -Tamas Széll

BEAGS SAYS: I know there are no shortage of admirers from the Premier League and bigger clubs in the Championship in your player, Tamas, and full-backs seem to be amongst the best performers in the second tier at the moment. You have already mentioned two quality young full-backs who have gotten moves ahead of Chris (pictured) in Hunt and Brayford, while John Stones has also gone to Everton from Barnsley and there is another man I rate very highly, Burnley's Kieran Tripper, too; all of these players have great engines and overlapping ability. The silver lining for Charlton fans is that their consecutive Player of the Year has penned a deal that keeps him with the Addicks until 2017, and I expect nothing less than another outstanding season from Chris.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Not particularly informed or in depth answers but it's great that both are getting some recognition here.
  • He doesnt really answer the question!
  • Beagrie clearly knows how to use Wikipedia.
  • Beagrie is alright .. a horrible and nasty player but as a pundit I rate him, especially when he praises our players .. now wait and see .. there will be a big queue of scouts running their matchstatcleverIpads all over Smith n Solly .. but it's quite legal (:>)
  • I think scouts already know rather more about players than what Peter Beagrie says to a fan on a blog.
  • I think Michael Smith is a bit more than a 'battering ram.' Lazy from Beagrie that. The boy is a good footballer and a quality finisher.
  • Beagrie had one 'trick' as a winger and basically made a career from it!
  • Beagrie was responsible for one of the most bizarre incidents I ever saw at the valley .. in 'Wembley year' he was playing for Bradford .. after only a few minutes (as I recall), he danced (literally, like a floral/morris dance) over to John Robinson and slapped him hard across the face .. as Beagrie walked off for the inevitable early bath, manager Chris Kamara just looked at him askance and then slowly shook his head with wonder. We won 4-1, thanks Peter B
  • Beagrie was responsible for one of the most bizarre incidents I ever saw at the valley .. in 'Wembley year' he was playing for Bradford .. after only a few minutes (as I recall), he danced (literally, like a floral/morris dance) over to John Robinson and slapped him hard across the face .. as Beagrie walked off for the inevitable early bath, manager Chris Kamara just looked at him askance and then slowly shook his head with wonder. We won 4-1, thanks Peter B

Very odd. What prompted the dance? And why to John Robinson?

• Sponsored links:

• To be fair to Robbo, he took it on the chin.
  • To be fair to Robbo, he took it on the chin.

on the cheek .. but close
  • Silver lining - as in, the good news for us despite that fact he didn't go?