Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League

Looking forward to Wigan game......................on bt sport now.

Comments

• I have Bony to score first and Swans to win 2-1 at 100/1...

Also have an accumulator for Wigan and swansea to win... Hopeful at the moment.
  • Swansea absolutely destroying Valencia at the moment 0-3.
  • Swansea are too good. And I never thought I would hear anyone say that.
  • Love Swansea, the way they've progressed these past few years have been amazing.
  • I still struggle to comprehend the rise to where they are. I watched them at The Vetch in League Two for £1 whilst at uni 10 years ago.
  • As someone said on twitter::

@HeyHoRothko: Swansea, the club Charlton could have been if Richard Murray hadn’t lost his mind in the mid 2000’s
  • edited September 2013
    Quality from Swansea but Valencia are absolutely terrible.
  • Quality from Swansea but Valencia are absolutely terrible.

Sad really that they've gone from having Villa, Silva and Mata in the same team to this.
  • 6 Spanish, 3 Dutch and 1 Ivorian started for Swansea.
    The only Englishman was Dyer.
    Valencia lost a CH after 10 mins. They seem to be suffering from the recession like many Spanish sides.

Wigan grabbed a point, terrible game to go with the terrible weather.

@HeyHoRothko: Swansea, the club Charlton could have been if Richard Murray hadn’t lost his mind in the mid 2000’s

Unfortunately, for them, they will eventually hit a brick wall and then they will fall out of the Premier League. Signing players like Michu for £2m is not something that any team can keep replicating and in the end their best players will move on and they will, I suspect, by that time have bigger overheads and won't be able to go out and buy replacements. That is, also, like to coincide with their fans becoming restless at 'Just surviving'.

I'm not sure that Richard Murray could have done much differently to force a much different outcome. They beat Chelsea in the League cup (something that we also did I believe) but let's remember that they did beat a forth division side in the final of the League Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

Unfortunately, for them, they will eventually hit a brick wall and then they will fall out of the Premier League. Signing players like Michu for £2m is not something that any team can keep replicating and in the end their best players will move on and they will, I suspect, by that time have bigger overheads and won't be able to go out and buy replacements. That is, also, like to coincide with their fans becoming restless at 'Just surviving'.

I'm not sure that Richard Murray could have done much differently to force a much different outcome. They beat Chelsea in the League cup (something that we also did I believe) but let's remember that they did beat a forth division side in the final of the League Cup.
    The difference with Swansea is that they seem to have installed a style through the club that is their own. The pass pass pass. They did it under Martinez, then advanced it under Rodgers and laudrup has taken it to the next level. It will go through to their youth set up and they will start to get players coming through in the same model. Like what Wenger has done at Arsenal.
    I think Swansea will be a constant in the Prem for a while and win a cup every now and then. Only off the pitch calamity will make them suffer imo.
  • edited September 2013
    From what I remember AVB is one of the few managers who likes the Europa league - and it seems Swansea will take the competition seriously (given they aren't likely to be in a relegation battle or above 6th-8th its probably a chance for them to have a run and boost their profile)

Whoever did the scouting for Swansea at home and abroad has done a very good job and as Gary states the club have their own style each manager has to build on rather than implement their own.

Do they still have the Champions league teams dropping out?
  • Yep, so chelsea will be defending their trophy after the CL group stages, if they can manage 3rd in their group.