Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vuelta

edited September 2013 in Other Football and Sports
I haven't commented on this before because I got behind with my viewing and didn't wan't to run the risk of finding out the result, but I have to say, what an absolutely brilliant race. If you've not seen it, do yourself a huge favour: get onto ITV Catch Up and watch it before it disappears. If you don't want to know the result, look away now.

What excellent entertainment we had. Stage wins for Nico Roche and Kiryienka. Philippe Gilbert getting his first rainbow win. Tony Martin leading a stage for 175km. Having a 21 day race where the main contenders were just 3 seconds apart with 3 days to go. Nibali seemingly looking comfortable and in control then losing it in the last few days, then earning a lot of respect with six attacks on the final mountain stage. But best of all, the race being won by a very old, chatty, bald man who never stops smiling.

Comments

• Agreed - thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Martin's lead day, really thrilling ending.
  • Spot on Stig, I was away on holiday so like you I have just finished watching the last 11 stages and what a race. Whilst I like to see Cav romping home in a sprint finish you simply cannot beat a mountain top finish and there were plenty of those to keep us all happy.

And as for Martin, how must he have felt getting caught on the line?

I am pleased for Horner and look at this as one for "us old guys".

Just finishing watching the Tour of Britain and then I have the Worlds..............happy days.
  • Good start for Movistar. I've got a feeling that this could be Quintana's competition.