Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charltonlife Upbeats visit at Sparrows Lane

Morning all.
I've just emailed Carl asking about Bailey and I visiting the Upbeats, I've suggested a date a couple of weeks or so after the Millwall game but obviously the final decision will be his.
From what I understand the Upbeats are now Sponsored by CharltonLife (please correct me if I'm wrong) so it would be great if we could get a few along to cheer them on, we are always made very welcome and to see the Upbeats getting so much from Carl and the rest of the guys and girls efforts is worth the effort.

Ray

Comments

• Ray, we'd like to come but can't make the 28th Sept or 12th Oct
  • Our next visit to Sparrows lane is provisionally arranged for October 19th. Hopefully this suitable and we can get as many as possible along to watch or even join in with the Upbeats.
  • Count us in mate.
  • Morning TCE - sounds good. Any idea what time and whether the U18s are playing there too? Would be good to combine the two and might attract more people over.
  • Davo55 said:

Morning TCE - sounds good. Any idea what time and whether the U18s are playing there too? Would be good to combine the two and might attract more people over.

Normally its around one o/clock-ish.

• T.C.E said:

Davo55 said:

Morning TCE - sounds good. Any idea what time and whether the U18s are playing there too? Would be good to combine the two and might attract more people over.

Normally its around one o/clock-ish.

Ok thanks. Looks like the U18s are away at Swansea that day.
  • I'd like to come along to this.
  • This date has just confirmed, it would be nice to get few more to come along and meet the Upbeats along with Carl, Terry and rest of the coaches it's a great day out. Let me know numbers so we can advise the guys roughly how many to expect.
    Cheers
    Ray
  • Sorry mate, on way home from Turkey that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll do my best to pop down
  • Im actually at work that day as getting some maintenance in the office done.
  • We will be there getting there between 12.30 & 1.00, not the best timing with moving house the day before. But looking forward to seeing a well again Bailey with the Upbeats, if anybody that is going wouldn't mind waving my camera about for me and taking a few photos please give me a shout.
  • Anyone popping later, I'll see you there.
  • Another great visit, thanks Ray. Sam (my daughter's school diary bear) will have plenty to say for himself on Monday!

• Got there late. Met an old friend unexpectedly whose son is a Charlton upbeat. Great to watch and hear first hand how much the kids get out of it.
  • edited October 2013
    Yes, another great visit with the Upbeats. Gratefully accepted a round of applause on behalf of CL for the shirt sponsorship, with a date to be announced the Upbeats will be introduced at The Valley hopefully before Christmas. I spoke with Terry before we got Bailey out of the car and was surprised how much the youngsters get from his visits, so all the while its helping and he's made welcome we will continue. Some great pictures to follow but with only the phone for Internet access it will be next week before I post them, thanks for your help with that DM.
  • Nice one Ray well done.

• Great stuff that.
  • Nice one, always good to hear about how what CL does is appreciated