Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welsh football

Was thinking to myself how on the up it appears to be with Bale and Ramsey looking world class, Swansea and Cardiff pushing on etc.

Then had a look at the two clubs first team squads. Cardiff, 42 players, 2 Welshman, Swansea 45 players, 3 Welshman.

Just five players out of 87.

Unbelievable.

Comments

• Most welsh players are not good enough for the prem thats why the starting 11 are mainly prem every other player is in the championship or below
  • England has 17 times the population. Basic arithmetic that they will need to look to a wider pool to compete. Arsenal and Chelsea have 4 and 5 English, Spuds 7. Proportionately far worse. Both teams play attractive football with a reasonable budget. It's not that unbelievable with a bit of thought applied.
  • Was thinking to myself how on the up it appears to be with Bale and Ramsey looking world class, Swansea and Cardiff pushing on etc.

Then had a look at the two clubs first team squads. Cardiff, 42 players, 2 Welshman, Swansea 45 players, 3 Welshman.

Unbelievable.

And only 2 of them are toilet trained.
  • Was thinking to myself how on the up it appears to be with Bale and Ramsey looking world class, Swansea and Cardiff pushing on etc.

Unbelievable.

Where did you look? Checked Wiki for both clubs and your figures appear way wrong.

• Wiki. What should it be ?
  • Cardiff 8, although only Bellamy plays.
    Swansea 15, Williams, Taylor and Davies play.
  • but we are a population of 3mill. We are never going to produce enough qualty players at the same time. If only we had a british team in the world cup!!!
  • It's still the case that for many Welsh young men, playing Rugby Union for Wales is the ultimate. Wales has produced only a few true football 'greats', but umpteen superb R U players
  • Well in high school we didnt have a football team (this was only 3 years ago) i had to leave and do my education while i played for newport county. Rugby is so much better structured with the welsh union clubs having feeder clubs in every city so the players from the age of 18 dont just sit on the bench, they train with the dragons, scarlets ect full time then play for feeder clubs on a saturday until theyre ready to push for the first team
  • The Welsh league is on par with the Kent League and even they have a load of non Welsh players in their sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last season i was playing welsh premier and was getting payed 30 quid a game and a bonus of 30 if we won haha
  • Wales is the best place to live in the UK.

If you're Welsh.
  • The Welsh league is on par with the Kent League and even they have a load of non Welsh players in their sides.

Didn't we have a player in on loan from the welsh leagues under parky? Holden? How did that happen??

Didn't we have a player in on loan from the welsh leagues under parky? Holden? How did that happen??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Holden
  • Off_it said:

Wales is the best place to live in the UK.

If you're Welsh a sheepshagger.

Not if you are a sheep

Large chunks of mid Wales I will agree - most of the South and a large part of the North are total holes.
  • PL54 said:

Large chunks of mid Wales I will agree - most of the South and a large part of the North are total holes.
    Agreed. Anyone that has been to Swansea will vouch for that.
  • PL54 said:

The Gower coast and the coastline past Swansea is very attractive though, and once you get past places like Rhyl, the North Coast is very nice too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Recently moved from a very nice gaff in Blackheath to a very nice gaff in South Wales that cost me 70% less. No mortgage and still got my season ticket but 8 hour round trip for home games.
  • PL54 said:

The Gower coast and the coastline past Swansea is very attractive though, and once you get past places like Rhyl, the North Coast is very nice too.
    I was talking more about the city centre and surrounding suburbs. Horrendous to say the least! (I hope that doesn't sound too snobby, but it is horrid there).
  • You dont want to come to newport, theres been a six month investigation into people being used as slaves hahaha