Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last 3 Games...

I was out of the country for the Watford, Hudds & Millwall game...

Have we been really that bad?! My last game was Leicester, and we were superb that day..
What the hell has happened???

Comments

• We lost... When we lose we are the worst team in the Championship, not even mid table League One.

Don't worry, come back when we win a game or two, playing largely the same type of football, and we will have the best tactics in the League and destined to stage a comeback and win the league.
  • Watford- An excellent result against one of the top teams in the division, Hudds- On another day we would have got a point, Millwall- Well, it was Millwall! No need to elaborate on that one!
  • I think teams worked out how to play against 3-5-2. We've barely had a shot in the games that have followed Leicester (which would be a good formation IF we had a creative/goalscoring player at the tip of the 3 CM's).
  • Never mind the last three - they've gone! Its the next 3 that bother me...Burnley, Forest and Blackpool - all at the top. Find it hard to see more that 4 points!
  • edited September 2013
    Disagree @ Huskaris, its not the normal doom and gloom its mainly the Millwall affect...

Watford was a great point, huddersfield we could have won on another day but just against Millwall we were shocking and tactically didnt look right. so many negatives, hopefully its just the one game and we dont stay in a slump, tough run coming though so it could be pretty jolly on here for a while ;)
  • cafc-west said:

Never mind the last three - they've gone! Its the next 3 that bother me...Burnley, Forest and Blackpool - all at the top. Find it hard to see more that 4 points!

At the moment 4 points from those 3 games would be an excellent haul

• sorry, but I'll have to put a different spin on it. I was at both the Watford & Millwall games & listened to the Huddersfield game via cafcplayer. In all 3 games we were the poorer team, and in all 3 games we didn't do enough to win them Yes, we played well at Watford, but in all truthfulness we didn't create v.much and I think the penalty was about the only shot at goal that we had - JJ just failed to connect with a great cross towards the end and Church was fouled when through on goal, but I can't remember too many other chances. At Huddersfield we only started to perform when Harriott & Stewart came on and against Millwall we had or first shot on target after 70 mins.

Now, others may say that this is a negative post, but I'm just telling it the way I see it. If we had come away from ANY of the games saying that we were robbed, or had hit the post/bar or their keeper had a blinder then there may be a crumb of comfort, but in all 3 games we move the ball around the midfield & defence without getting anywhere and just don't create very much. That is why I fear for our season.
  • Golfaddick quick question. When you get your photos developed do you not bother with them and just keep the NEGATIVES....??
  • I think it's more being a realist rather than negative
  • sorry, but I'll have to put a different spin on it. I was at both the Watford & Millwall games & listened to the Huddersfield game via cafcplayer. In all 3 games we were the poorer team, and in all 3 games we didn't do enough to win them Yes, we played well at Watford, but in all truthfulness we didn't create v.much and I think the penalty was about the only shot at goal that we had - JJ just failed to connect with a great cross towards the end and Church was fouled when through on goal, but I can't remember too many other chances. At Huddersfield we only started to perform when Harriott & Stewart came on and against Millwall we had or first shot on target after 70 mins.

Now, others may say that this is a negative post, but I'm just telling it the way I see it. If we had come away from ANY of the games saying that we were robbed, or had hit the post/bar or their keeper had a blinder then there may be a crumb of comfort, but in all 3 games we move the ball around the midfield & defence without getting anywhere and just don't create very much. That is why I fear for our season.

Despite what the others say spot on...every team that we play at the valley pass the ball around...i really thought we had turned the corner after leicester and watford sadly it was the usual false dawn and quickly usual dross followed. I will be happy with 2 points from the next 3 games..sadly it will be zilch.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will be pleasantly surprised if we aren't bottom after the next three games. Being Charlton we will probably win one of them and for a little while we will wonder what all the fuss was about. Logic suggests otherwise but I can think of a few times when with this squad logic has gone out of the Tommy Trinder.
  • We were the better side at Watford and could have gone on to win the game in my opinion.
  • We were the better side at Watford and could have gone on to win the game in my opinion.

Not true, we played well at watford we passed the ball well but created nothing. Watford had loads of chances. You can tell how well a team is playing by the amount of chances that they create from open play. We only look like scoring from dead ball situations.

Not true, we played well at watford we passed the ball well but created nothing. Watford had loads of chances. You can tell how well a team is playing by the amount of chances that they create from open play. We only look like scoring from dead ball situations.

Except for the Johnnie jackson chance near the end and Dale Stephens long shot that tested the keeper.......I could go on.....

Except for the Johnnie jackson chance near the end and Dale Stephens long shot that tested the keeper.......I could go on.....
    yes please do..............I was there too & can't think of another chance...........carry on.
  • We are where we are. No could haves no should haves. You can have as many shots and as much possession as you like. But if you stick the ball in the back of the net and don't concede stupid goals we would be in a much healthier position. Playing well and nearly scoring dont go on our points total at the end of the season. We are in a real dogfight. If bits and maybes do not count for anything in football. Simple. We need to go out and fight and then the luck will follow. Can you name one player who really fought really hard against the spanners and showed that he really cared.
    Oh yes. Lawrie Wilson. Yeah right.