Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Boycott requires qualification
  • Scotland and Wales will be boycotting...or at least that's their excuse.
  • FIFA would love us not to be at the World Cup in Qatar. Why play into their hands?
  • FIFA would love us not to be at the World Cup in Qatar. Why play into their hands?

FIFA like us there as we bring £££££££. They love watching us fail.
  • edited September 2013
    PL54 said:

Boycott requires qualification

Scotland and Wales will be boycotting...or at least that's their excuse.

FIFA would love us not to be at the World Cup in Qatar. Why play into their hands?

ALL classic points but this

FIFA like us there as we bring £££££££. They love watching us fail.

• Tory twit

Expenses
    It was revealed Collins claimed £4,440.90 over three months in rent for a house in London, despite declaring that he already owned a home in the capital. In his defence he claimed the property belonged to his wife and was "too small to provide accommodation for my young family, and even if that was not the case, as a new member of parliament I wouldn't be able to claim any accommodation allowance against the mortgage on the property."[10]
    Minimum Wage Controversy
    In September 2012 he came under fire for suggesting that jobless youths should work for less than minimum wage and for suggesting that they should busk to raise money for fares to find work
  • I'm looking forward to it. I'm sick and tired of freezing my nuts off watching football midweek in january and february and by then I'll be a lot older and more grumpy
  • edited September 2013
    Apart from the weather - FIFA should have a rule where no competition can be held where anti gay legislation is in place. They wouldn't let a country hold one with anti ethnic mionority laws.

The unsuitable weather merely points to the fact that bungs were involved beyond reasonable doubt. So we all know FIFA is corrupt but what can be done about it?

Why would they not want us there?

• We have to have that Tory Twit as our MP
  • Sponsored links:

• Boom said:

FIFA would love us not to be at the World Cup in Qatar. Why play into their hands?

Because if the trouble a section of our fans are capable of causing and they quite clearly hate us.
  • Boom said:

Because if the trouble a section of our fans are capable of causing and they quite clearly hate us.
    I cannot see too many of our fans who drag their knuckles going to Qatar, this will be for those with a few bob. Plus the Arabs don't mess around when handing out the punishment, fans could go out and never return.
  • Boom said:

I cannot see too many of our fans who drag their knuckles going to Qatar, this will be for those with a few bob. Plus the Arabs don't mess around when handing out the punishment, fans could go out and never return.
    Exactly and it still isnt clear (to me) why FIFA hate us.
  • FIFA hate us because of the trouble our fans cause, Blatter (FIFA) & Platini (UEFA) do not want England anywhere near a Tournament so whenever we qualify they hope we bomb out at the group stages or quarter finals at best.
  • edited September 2013
    Boom said:

Boom said:

mutual hate maybe.

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only nation who really questions FIFA on certain matters. That our press exposes serious problem with most FIFA decisions, making it pretty hard not to see FIFA as a stubborn arrogant corrupt organisation with their main agenda being making money.

and if they're excuse is that they have a problem with our fans what about the fans of Italy? Argentina? Turkey? and most of the eastern block?
  • Boom said:

Boom said:

mutual hate maybe.

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only nation who really questions FIFA on certain matters. That our press exposes serious problem with most FIFA decisions, making it pretty hard not to see FIFA as a stubborn arrogant corrupt organisation with their main agenda being making money.
    Yep, i think FIFA have much more of a problem with our press and media than the actual footballing side.
  • I think FIFA hate us because we invented the game and like to remind people of this a bit too much for their liking. They don't like being told what to do and what is wrong with them and they get most of that from us!
  • When an Englishman was in charge of FIFA he kept world cups pinging around the old boys network and proposed South Africa could have a black and a white team playing in alternate tournaments. When the world cup was in England they sanctioned moving a fixture at a couple of days notice to favour the home nation. His pro aparthied stance was his undoing.

The regime completely failed to exploit any of the commercial opportunities that currently provide massive funding for developing nations. It was FIFA membership that voted for the World Cup to go to Qatar, not blatter, who was against it. Don't think FIFA does hate England despite its unsavoury behaviour, I think it is just seen as a noisy irrelevance.