Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The golden age of F1.

Looking forward to this coming out...........
  • Yep - as a big f1 fan it looks good. As a fan of great films, it looks fantastic!
  • There was a good documentry about the 76 season on BBC2 last week.

The first year I got into F1, James Hunt was my first hero (along with Keegan and Hales)
  • That documentary on BBC2 was class and I despise F1.

Without spoiling the film there were plenty of twists during that season, you wouldn't believe it actually happened.
  • Followed F1 in those days with a passion. Remember getting up at about 3am to watch the last race of the season in Japan. My brother worked for Durex in those days, who were running an F1 car so managed to get tickets for Silverstone etc. Alan Jones was the driver. (Not a cue for puncture jokes).

Film has some good write ups.
  • I would have thought Durex would have sponsored the safety car.........................
  • Anyone on here been to see this yet? I'm going to see it tomorrow......................
  • Saw it a couple of weeks ago.

It's very good...and very very loud...but not sure how it ends :)

Apologies to whoever was sitting behind us during the film at Bexleyheath but my brother passed out on me with 20 mins to go just as Nikki Lauda tried to get his helmet on for the first time after his accident!
  • I's only born in 77 so this won't interest me. There gonna be a film out about Mansell?
  • Was a great film, even being born after the events, you don't feel like you miss out on the action at all. (Before the film thought that actor playing James Hunt was Brad Pitt for some reason though).

The actor playing Lauda had the interviewing technique down very well.
  • Sponsored links:

• There was a good documentry about the 76 season on BBC2 last week.

The first year I got into F1, James Hunt was my first hero (along with Keegan and Hales)

Yep!
    Was a real disapointment when we signed Alan Simonsen after Keegan had already committed elsewhere!

• BIG_ROB said:

I's only born in 77 so this won't interest me. There gonna be a film out about Mansell?

Senna

• So the doc last Sunday and really enjoyed it, look forward to seeing the film one day.
  • Hunt was a horrible person, not sure that the film had the courage to really show that. Accent is all over the shop.
  • Hunt was a horrible person, not sure that the film had the courage to really show that. Accent is all over the shop.

Well he didn't exactly come out smelling of roses did he? All the drugs, sex and drinking was shown, and fairly realistically given the 'real' Hunt. At the end he won the championship, but ended up with no wife and never winning again. Lauda went on to win several more times, his wife stuck by him despite his horrendous accident and by the end of the film he was still as professional and dedicated as he ever was, instead of Hunt's partying. It never went as far as one = bad, one = good, but what with mentioning the whole dead at 45 thing I really don't think he was portrayed as an entirely great guy. Neither was Lauda, entirely. As it was in real life no doubt.