Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Nolan's match report on greenwich.co.uk

Well worth a read. Absolutely spot on as usual.

Comments

• Unless it's a fault at my end, you haven't attached the report. Could you try again?
  • Hi VF, not much good at something so technical. Just log on to the site and click "Sport"
  • Very interesting read. We know Kevin to be a loyal Charlton man and he has not held back his criticisms this time. Brings a realism to the situation and crisis it is. I have been convincing myself that it was nothing but a blip and things would turn around. Not so sure now. After all, if the owners show no support for the majority of the squad by offering them some contract security then why should the team put in 110% each game to see their shirt handed to someone else next season? It must be almost impossible for CP to motivate his players under these circumstances AND keep up his own motivation being similarly placed?
  • Thanks Mistrollingin, and thanks MOG. Yes, a typically lucid despatch from Nolan that pulls no punches. Incidentally, I really appreciate the up-to-the-minute reports filed by fans at away games - I much prefer them even to a live radio commentary because they are critical in their analysis and call a spade a spade. To those Lifers on the terraces with their palmtops and smartphones: I salute you.
  • Worrying news about Kermorgant, let's hope it's nothing but why did Powell risk him when it was already a lost cause?
  • It’s a bit early to be using a word like crisis. So what should we call it -a blip? Face facts. It looks like a crisis, feels like a crisis, sounds like a crisis. Chances are it’s a crisis.
    It's a worry if someone who sees every game and is normally so measured, is thinking like this. Got to have faith in Powell's ability to develop, but he does seem to have a squad that is as flat as a pancake at the moment.
  • I think it's the complete lack of hope that's depressing me most. I've squinted my eyes really hard and can't see any chink of light what so fucking ever.
  • One thing I am 100% certain of regarding Kevin Nolan.
    a) he is staunch Charlton through and through.
    b) he is no directors box groupie
    c) he knows his football
    d) he sees every game
    e) he will be critical if need be, and say it like he sees it
    f) he is absolutely fully behind Chris Powell, I know this because he has told me so himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• It wasn't Kevin's imagination, Yann did limp off at the end. Pointless substitution smacking of panic that could well have backfired big time.
  • CP isnt that experienced as a manager. I have no idea whats going on behind the scenes but im sure that even very experienced managers would struggle.
    It looks more and more to me that CPs decisions are more a desperate gamble than planned.
    If Yan was fit why disnt he start ?

My feeling is that CP will walk in October if things are still this bad.
  • I didn`t go but on the "highlights" I couldn`t help noticing the lack of will and desire to try to cut out crosses and actually try to get to the ball first inside our own box. 2 of those goals could and should have been prevented, the third goal a sign of a team that had given up.

This is very worrying and doesn`t bode well for the rest of the season if it can`t be rectified quickly!
  • Kevin bang on the money as usual
  • Would not expect anything less from Mr Nolan. Telling is how it is. In the FLP today a damming piece on the club by Chris Dunleavy, who witnessed that shambles against Millwall. Bottom 3 club with no help from a board that is not helping the management, is just part of his piece
  • edited September 2013
    he makes a few good observations .. however, the team yesterday did not 'abjectly capitulate' .. it was simply outplayed and by the end overpowered
  • shirty5 said:

Would not expect anything less from Mr Nolan. Telling is how it is. In the FLP today a damming piece on the club by Chris Dunleavy, who witnessed that shambles against Millwall. Bottom 3 club with no help from a board that is not helping the management, is just part of his piece

FLP? excuse me for being slow shirty. Give me something to google pls... Ta
  • Football League Paper.
  • Football league paper. I doubt you will find a link but £1.50 in all good newsagents and some rubbish ones as well
  • Ta, unfortunately in an English football free zone paper wise up here. Now if I wanted the latest on Dumwillie Academicals vs Karloukie Thistle i'd be set!

• Sponsored links:

• Ta, unfortunately in an English football free zone paper wise up here. Now if I wanted the latest on Dumwillie Academicals vs Karloukie Thistle i'd be set!

Try saying "Strathspey Thistle" after a few sherbets. Or drams.

• I can't say it stone cold sober
  • No spark, no flair, not much hope for Charlton. This from yesterday's FLP. Dunlavy was at the Millwall game and whilst been less than impressed with Both sides in last weeks paper, and now this week gives his views on us this week.

Relegation fodder
    Play like that every week, Charlton are going down.
    Without Yann, no hope.
    Feels for Powell, but was concerned re his body language
    The board are unwilling or incapable of financing Championship football
    Without a striker and a playmaker, League one beckons, unless Powell is allowed to get one or both in January
  • at this rate though January will be far too late.
  • seth plum said:

One thing I am 100% certain of regarding Kevin Nolan.
    c) he knows his football
    d) he sees every game
    f) he is absolutely fully behind Chris Powell, I know this because he has told me so himself.

That's 6 things
  • PL54 said:

seth plum said:

One thing I am 100% certain of regarding Kevin Nolan.
    c) he knows his football
    d) he sees every game

That's 6 things
    One GROUP of six things! ;-)

• Well worth a read. Absolutely spot on as usual.

Are we really in a relegation battle? Where we really playing for a 0-0 draw? Should we give Ings more credit who has scored against better defenses than ours already this season?

• edited September 2013
    He might have scored against other defences but I doubt if he has scored an easier goal, let`s face it, it was a 6 yard tap in!
  • I was there and Kevin's report nails it. We were abject. The most worrying element was that I simply didn't recognise this as a Charlton team - we offered nothing, no fight, no intelligence. Infuriatingly, there were at least two occasions when players pulled out of what I thought were winnable 50:50s. With that kind of spineless mentality in the ranks, this is indeed a crisis. Woe betide those players who don't play for the shirt and the club this evening.
  • Well worth a read. Absolutely spot on as usual.

Are we really in a relegation battle?
    5 points from 8 games? Yeah, I'd say we are!