Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Attack

Please CP, stop being so defensive and start attacking teams. Our best performances last season and this were the two home Leicester games, 25 minutes V Cardiff and the second half V Bolton when we got after them. None of these sides are great at the back if you put them under pressure. At Home we sit back, let the oppo get comfortable and by the time we start to play they have a foothold in the game. On Tuesday night please have a go. 442 and get after Forest.

Hamer
Wilson Morro Dervite Wiggins
Harriot Hughes Jacko Stewart
Kerm Sordell

Fitness permitting of course.

If these jokers in charge are loading the gun to fire CP, please go playing positively !
I'm still 100% behind CP by the way and still confident he will turn it around ( if allowed )

Comments

• One thing I cant understand is that I thought Stewart was right footed... Why have we been playing him on the left and Harriott on the right of late?

Can anyone clear that one up?
  • One thing I cant understand is that I thought Stewart was right footed... Why have we been playing him on the left and Harriott on the right of late?

So that they can cut in & shoot, like Stewart's 25 yard goal at Huddersfield.

some may say it is because CP hasn't a clue whereas other will say its because they can cut in onto their better foot to shoot....but I couldn't possibly comment.

However, seeing as 2 of the best wingers over the last 20 years in Giggs & Beckham stayed on their "right" sides, I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Not sure what they did to day, but against Millwall they swapped over after a while.
  • Predictable though. Look at Jerome Thomas and Ashley Young. Down the left, cut inside onto their right foot. Every time. Defenders work it out and it doesn't work.
  • We've often been cautious this season and if can't defend we might as well go out to try and score a few goals.

Then again we could barely get the ball off Forest in both games last season. Could be torn apart playing an open 4-4-2.

Sheff Wed have started Helan and Antonio in every game this season. Two pacey wingers isn't a magic formula, just as 3-5-2 wasn't.

This squad needed more investment than it's had since we were promoted.
  • I love powelly but I have to admit he thinks like a defender too much . We are way too negative.
  • edited September 2013
    NWCorner said:

Please CP, stop being so defensive and start attacking teams. Our best performances last season and this were the two home Leicester games, 25 minutes V Cardiff and the second half V Bolton when we got after them. None of these sides are great at the back if you put them under pressure. At Home we sit back, let the oppo get comfortable and by the time we start to play they have a foothold in the game. On Tuesday night please have a go. 442 and get after Forest.

Hamer
    Wilson Morro Dervite Wiggins
    Harriot Hughes Jacko Stewart
    Kerm Sordell

Fitness permitting of course.

If these jokers in charge are loading the gun to fire CP, please go playing positively !
    I'm still 100% behind CP by the way and still confident he will turn it around ( if allowed )

Agreed . Need to start Stewart and harriot more think that would be intresting
  • I honestly don't think we've gone out with NO fear and attacked teams since the 2000/2001 season.
    Swansea remind me of us then.
  • It's a chicken/egg situation. In order to play great football and score goals a team needs confidence. CP (& Curbs) probably believe that keeping clean sheets and grinding out results breeds confidence. Personally I think nothing gives a team more confidence than achieving a convincing win, or two. I can't see how we are going to get out of the rut that we are now in, playing as we are. Not only are the team losing more and more confidence, they are also not enjoying their football and the crowd are not enjoying watching them. If we play good open football with wingers, I think we are too good to go down. We may loose some games that we deserve to win, that happens, but over the course of the season I think we'll be OK. If we carry on as we are I really fear for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with this thread 100%. It would be nice to give the fans something to get excited about by having 2 wingers who can create chances in the team rather than being the most boring team in the league to watch (which we must be a strong contender for at the moment).

some may say it is because CP hasn't a clue whereas other will say its because they can cut in onto their better foot to shoot....but I couldn't possibly comment.

However, seeing as 2 of the best wingers over the last 20 years in Giggs & Beckham stayed on their "right" sides, I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Ribery and Robben cut in from their "wrong" sides, as do bale and Ronaldo. Beckham was a right midfielder and not a winger like Stewart or harriott.

Wingers can switch sides quite easily and do so sometimes during a match to change things up.
  • Agree overall. We can not defend anyway so will always concede, so might as well go back to the Hales/Flanagan/Powell etc days of all out attack.

Whatever the result it will at least be more exciting than watching the current dross.
  • this post makes a LOT of sense

Ribery and Robben cut in from their "wrong" sides, as do bale and Ronaldo. Beckham was a right midfielder and not a winger like Stewart or harriott.

Wingers can switch sides quite easily and do so sometimes during a match to change things up.
    Spot on
  • Why is it that we have a lot of possession at home normally in the opposing half but lack in penetration. This has been the case for a long time but CP does not have a solution and when the opposing team finally get some possession everyone but CP can see a goal coming and he always leaves it to late before making a change.
    I do not see us being negative just lacking in ideas in and around the box
  • At Palace last year I remember Zaha switched sides a few times... I thought that was more because he was having no luck though ;)
  • This is a good thread. Maybe Chris will read it :-)