Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks - Burnley v Charlton

For those of us in the shade at a lovely sunny Turf Moor, your marks out of ten please, just copy and paste the list:

Hamer
Wilson
Morrison
Dervite
wiggins
Pritchard
Gower
Cousins
Stewart
Stephens
Church
Harriotts. JUST REALISED I SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED HIM, SO ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY MARKED CAN YOU ALSO INCLUDE HARRIOTTS

Sordell n/a
Kermorgant n/a

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Hamer 5
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 5
    Dervite 7
    wiggins 5
    Pritchard 5
    Gower 5.5
    Cousins 6
    Stewart 5.5
    Stephens 4
    Church 6
    Harriotts 5.5
  • Hamer 5
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 5
    Dervite 7
    wiggins 5
    Pritchard 5
    Gower 5.5
    Cousins 6
    Stewart 5.5
    Stephens 4
    Church 6

Crikey, not much difference to last weeks average marks. At least we are consistent!

• Hamer - 5 - kicking worryingly poor again. His distribution was such a major asset the past few seasons and has now been consistently below average this season thus far.

Wilson - 6 - a lot of effort. Does an adequate job as a backup to Solly.
    Morrison - 5.5 - defended great up till the first goal and then seemed to lose a bit of confidence thereafter. Great block in first half hour.
    Dervite - 5.5 - identical performance and comments to Morrison. However, I'd prefer Wood alongside Morrison on Tuesday.
    wiggins - 5 - average performance. Let down by Stewart in front of him who had a poor game.

Pritchard - 5 - anonymous first half. Can't see the logic in having our best central midfielder on the far right of a 5 man midfield. The Leicester and Watford games showed he is our best central midfielder - use him there Chris.
    Gower - 5 - a few misplaced passes and one lovely first half ball to Cousins aside he was outplayed by the Burnley midfield.
    Cousins - 6 - showed a touch of class. Moves the ball very quickly, confidently and nicely. I would love to see him and Pritch in the middle of the park together as a two.
    Stewart - 4 - kept on falling over / slipping at crucial times. Incredibly easy for Trippier to defend against as he knew he would cut in every time onto his right foot. Why was Harriott not on the left and Stewart on the right from the start? Another bizarre decision from the gaffer.
    Stephens - 5 - so frustratingly inconsistent. I think Dale is a smashing player on his day, but he has too many days like today. However, a tough game in which to be playing a new role in the hole. Another victim of some bizarre pre-match and during match tactics from Powelly.

Church - 6 - victim number five of the manager's strange tactics and reshuffle. Starting a sub-6ft lone striker against Burnley's powerful defence was as futile as it sounds. Worked his socks off as he always does but no support behind or alongside him.

Harriott - 6 - lively and showed enthusiasm to get on the ball. Still so raw and would surely have been disappointed to see the right-footed Stewart preferred on the left flank.

Yann was limping again at the end of the match clutching his ankle so don't bank on him being fit for Tuesday - could not and still cannot see any logic risking Yann for the last ten minutes when 0-2 down. The final of many very poor decisions made by the management team today.
  • Hamer - 5 second half distribution was cack
    Wilson - 6
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 6
    Wiggins - 4.5 yet again poor at crossing
    Pritchard - 5
    Gower - 5
    Cousins - 6
    Stewart - 4.5 wasn't supporting Wiggins when they had the ball and kept falling over in the first half
    Stephens - 5 out of his depth playing up front alongside Church in the first half
    Church - 6 once again worked hard, he must be fed up with the number of aimless high balls kicked in his general direction
  • Hamer 6 Despite scoreline didn't have much else to do. Some poor goal kicks but the intended target (see below and guess) made little effort to correct them.
    Wilson 7 Thought he stuck at it well under barrage of abuse from home fans and diving from Kightley.
    Morrison 6 Seemed OK but Vokes scored twice.
    Dervite 6.5 Both forwards scored but he tried to play out when he could and had another good effort at the other end.
    wiggins 5 Poor this time. Crossing particularly let him down.
    Pritchard 5 Unusually anonymous.
    Gower 5.5 Gave it away a bit but got involved and a few decent balls too.
    Cousins 6.5 Well done Jordan. Showed all the willing and authority some of his more senior colleagues didn't.
    Stewart 6 Looked keen first half but drifted out of it.
    Stephens 3.5 I've defended him at times but given the freedom of playing behind the only forward he did sod all. No presence at all, bottled out of tackles and generally hid, leaving JC to take responsibility.
    Church 6.5 Tried v hard with little service and nearly sneaked one.
  • Hamer 5
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 5.5
    Dervite 5
    wiggins 4
    Pritchard 4
    Gower 4
    Cousins 5
    Stewart 5
    Stephens 5
    Church 3

Sordell n/a
    Harriotts n/a
    Kermorgant n/a

• Hamer - 6
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 6
    wiggins - 5
    Pritchard - 5
    Gower - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Stewart - 5
    Stephens - 5
    Church - 6

Why oh why was Yann bought on - clearly not fit - for 10 mins when we're 2 down?

CP - 4, I hate to say.

• Hamer - 5.5
    Wilson - 6
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 6
    Wiggins - 4
    Pritchard - 4
    Gower - 5
    Cousins - 5.5
    Stewart - 5
    Stephens - 5
    Church - 4
  • Hamer 5
    Wilson 5
    Morrison 5
    Dervite 4
    Wiggins 4
    Pritchard 4
    Gower 4
    Cousins 6
    Stewart 5
    Stephens 5
    Church 5

Cousins was the classiest player on the pitch,can do it all and just hope he is coached correctly from now on to fulfil his undoubted potential.Stephens' defensive work has improved noticeably,just needs more vision of options available as soon as he goes forward,to make an early pass and get on the same wavelength as the others,plays his own game too often.
    Still don't understand Wiggins' drop in form.Is it me or did Dervite just lose interest late on?
    If our centre-backs had been as wide awake as their two strikers then we may have come away with a point.Just unaware of what was going on around them for the first and third goals.
    Our coaching is clearly lacking--compare our squad to Burnley's,they have two good strikers thriving on confidence but no star names--they are getting 30-40% more from their players than we ever seem to,other coaches and managers can get every ounce of effort,mentally and physically from their players,we seem too happy to make do and take second-best.We're too soft as a club,always have been.
  • Hamer - 6 The usual slow distribution and indecision but not at fault for any goals this week.
    Wilson - 6.5 Had a good first half but crossing very poor.
    Morrison - 6.5 Didn't do anything wrong defensively.
    Dervite - 6 As above.
    wiggins - 5 Still not seeing the player of the past.
    Pritchard - 6 Wasn't playing badly but again, not a right-sided midfielder.
    Gower - 5 Not good enough.
    Cousins - 6.5 Wanted to get the ball down and play but few options for him.
    Stewart - 6.5 Our only real threat I thought. Looks positive.
    Stephens - 4.5 Out of his depth.
    Church - 6 Feeding off scraps but doesn't win anything in the air. Like him for his work-rate though.
  • Sponsored links:

• great shout bristoladdick for pritchard and cousins in centre midfielder together! how much better would that make us? i think alot lot better !
  • Hamer 6
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 6.5
    Dervite 6.5
    wiggins 5
    Pritchard 6
    Gower 5
    Cousins 6
    Stewart 6
    Stephens 6
    Church 6.5 - unquestionable effort but playing as a defender not a forward because we keep giving the opposition the ball.
  • ISLS said:

Dervite - 6 As above.

Except lose their opponent for the 1st and 3rd goals?
  • ISLS said:

Dervite - 6 As above.

Except lose their opponent for the 1st and 3rd goals?

Who's this ISLS character? Wiggins should have stopped the first cross and not lost his challenge first and foremost. With regards to the third, couldn't see that well from where I was sitting but you probably got a better view sitting at home watching the FLS. Apologies.
  • Morrison did lose his man, as he also did against udders. It's what he does and DD also did the same. I agree that we never seem to close down quick enough to stop the ball into the box, basics really. Did the players give everything they had for the shirt and manager?

I didn't go and I applaud those that did.
  • Harriot 5.5
  • edited September 2013

Morrison did lose his man, as he also did against udders. It's what he does and DD also did the same. I agree that we never seem to close down quick enough to stop the ball into the box, basics really. Did the players give everything they had for the shirt and manager?

I didn't go and I applaud those that did.

I don't think it was a case of not giving everything they had. We just look devoid of confidence but crucially, quality. Really hope we can get something on Tuesday and build on it but it would be a nightmare to go into the international break with one point from the previous six games. Kermo's inclusion in the starting XI could make or break us.

One thing that was noticeable yesterday was that not a single person booed as the players left the field. On the contrary, there was actually chanting from the Addicks fans. If we lose Tuesday, I can't imagine the same happening again.
  • Agree, a loss on Tuesday and the atmosphere may change, glad the players gave their all for those who travelled
  • If Wiggins is so out of form, what does Evina have to do to get in the side.....I remember Poyet telling Powell not to just stick with his favourite players, but to play those in form.....makes you wonder, doesnt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've had the weekend to ponder these so they are probably not as bad as if I had written them Saturday evening.

Hamer - 5.5 Didn't actually have much to do. Kicking slightly wayward and clearly short of confidence.
    Wilson -6.5 Did ok. Marshalled the Burnley winger well all game.
    Morrison - 5.5 As stated above. Good first half, poor second.
    Dervite - 6 Not a bad game. Looks good bringing the ball out of defence.
    Wiggins- 5.5 Lots of effort and overlapping runs going forward but the crossing was poor. Very little defensive help from Stewart in front, especially when they doubled up for the goal.
    Pritchard - 5.5 Lost out on the wing. Very little to judge him on first half.
    Gower -6. Considering what I assume he was asked to do, thought he played ok. Didn't let the Burnley midfield link up with Ings and Vokes at all first half and picked up lots of loose balls. Distribution often wayward though.
    Cousins -7. This guy is a class act. Calm, powerful and reads the game well. Should be first name on teamsheet at the mo.
    Stewart - 5.5. Dangerous going forward, can't be bothered coming back. I think he should be used as an impact sub rather than a starter.
    Stephens 5.5. Clearly not comfortable playing behind the striker. Game seemed to happen around him.
    Church 6. Top marks for effort but ineffective as a lone striker. Maybe should have done more with the half chances.
    Harriotts 6.5. Injected energy and directness to our play, unfortunately we were chasing the game at that stage. Should be a definite starter for me.

I don't think the performances were that bad, considering the formation and positions people were asked to play.

Seb -9.5. Non-stop singing when we were 3-0 down, most of it on his own.
  • now closed for marks, stats soon