Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

dressing for the occasion, or not

why is it that match sponsors (and charity cheque givers) generally tend to dress down for the occasion and you get the impression as a dozen or so blokes wander to and from the centre circle that the shop floor has been dragged along to make up the numbers...dont these people own suits ?...i can feel a letter to the times coming on...'sir, i wish to decry the modern.....'

Comments

• lol, i take it you got a programme on Saturday then !!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]lol, i take it you got a programme on Saturday then !!

and a magnifying glass...that must be about as small as they could have made that picture...that'll teach you for doing something good...but it reminded about the match sponsor issue...are we that desperate for sponsorship that a little dress code couldn't be brought in ?...you'd have thought the sponsors would want to make a good impression...or am i alone in this ?
  • If a match sponsor wants to pay x amount of pounds to us to watch a game, I couldnt give two hoots if he wears a suit or bermuda shorts with flip flops
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]If a match sponsor wants to pay x amount of pounds to us to watch a game, I couldnt give two hoots if he wears a suit or bermuda shorts with flip flops

there is that of course, but it sets the standard for both sides, the club and the sponsor...and setting the standard is important because that's part of the sponsorship package...set it low and the danger is the sponsorship value is weakened...a dozen blokes, dressed down, wandering aimlessly across the pitch ??...what sort of impression does that give of the the club and the sponsor ?...preferably one, but maybe two or possibly three people, smartly dressed strolling out to the centre circle and back and people have a natural tendency to wonder who they are...
  • I guarantee you that on January 12th for the home match against Blackpool, you will see the sponsors with the appropriate attire. The match is in honour of my Dad who always wore a suit to the game and so we will dress accordingly.

Mind you I haven't told the rest of the family yet, so it's likely to be a shock to the system. :-)
  • edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    Mind you I haven't told the rest of the family yet, so it's likely to be a shock to the system. :-)

especially the women. Could KBlittlesis pull off the Madonna Vogue suit look ?? :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    Mind you I haven't told the rest of the family yet, so it's likely to be a shock to the system. :-)[/quote]

especially the women. Could KBlittlesis pull off the Madonna Vogue suit look ?? :-)[/quote]

Well it's going to be a hard job getting her out of the glittery slacks and flip flops, but I'll do my best!!
  • Is LTGR having a pop at us for the way we dressed at the Plymouth game ? Shame on you fella :-)
  • must have been the earing and cap, I did warn you Kets
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]must have been the earing and cap, I did warn you Kets

How you can even tell I am wearing earings from that shot I'll never know !
  • Sponsored links:

• Did your dad tell u off?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Did your dad tell u off?

LOL
  • I don't care what LTGTR says - it was bloody cold on Tuesday so I wore a big coat and a jumper! :-p
  • And the Ketman was wearing an Allsports top... disgrace

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]

especially the women. Could KBlittlesis pull off the Madonna Vogue suit look ?? :-)

Well it's going to be a hard job getting her out of the glittery slacks and flip flops, but I'll do my best!!

Slacks????? WTF??????

A suit I can do, Madonna though...............wouldn't you prefer the leotard & leg warmers ;-)