Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Hamas

It would appear the locals support Man City.
And they want to fill the Olympic Stadium.
All the adverts in the Standard make it seem even more of a joke.
Perhaps we need to fill in the car park pot holes in case the new breed of supporters require an area of sanctuary.

kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149758&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=380

Comments

• The thread on the £5 tickets makes interesting reading.

Seems the 20+ 'sell outs' at Upton Park, aren't exactly true.
  • And what is this to do with the Hamas organisation.?
  • It would appear the locals support Man City.
    And they want to fill the Olympic Stadium.
    All the adverts in the Standard make it seem even more of a joke.
    Perhaps we need to fill in the car park pot holes in case the new breed of supporters require an area of sanctuary.

kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149758&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=380

I thought it would appear the locals wanted a freebie not support man city...... Bit like when charlton give tickets away to schools!!
    34,000 when its live on sky and nearly £60 a ticket is a fair gate............ Their average home gate this season is 30.239 and considering two of those games were a Tuesday night against cheltenham and cardiff I would say they are doing ok!
  • To be fair Unc, we didn't give away many tickets in The Prem - certainly not against the likes of Man City.

And we're not moving to a 54k capacity new stadium and trying to fill that.

Then again, we never charged £52 for a match ticket!
  • The game has changed a hell of a lot since Charlton were in the prem.......... I dont see why everyone thinks they wont manage it.... When they get the new stadium they will be sold to someone willing to spend billions on players then the ground will become full of corporate's and johnny come lately's. West Ham will be extremely successful but it will be the end of West Ham as I know it..... But really on a Charlton website more should be spoken on what can be done to improve Charltons attendance not worry about West Hams... I was at Charlton millwall, the attendance was below poor... Biggest local derby and ground half empty. To be fair Add when west ham wasn't in the prem they would still sell out against millwall.
  • Can't wait to see someone spend billions on players at West Ham! European Cup winners by 2020, playing in front of 8 million fans. Or more likely, continued mediocrity but with the added bonus of the soul being ripped out of the club.
  • Can't wait to see someone spend billions on players at West Ham! European Cup winners by 2020, playing in front of 8 million fans. Or more likely, continued mediocrity but with the added bonus of the soul being ripped out of the club.

Oh yeah because that doesn't happen does it?
  • uncle said:

Can't wait to see someone spend billions on players at West Ham! European Cup winners by 2020, playing in front of 8 million fans. Or more likely, continued mediocrity but with the added bonus of the soul being ripped out of the club.

It won't at West Ham, no.
  • edited October 2013
    West Ham will never sell out 54k on a week by week basis. They may sell man utd but with man utd fans populating the home end.

Talk of billionaire arabs taking are in hope and not expectation.

@uncle

Our attendances have been done to death on here. This is in the rumours section not general charlton.

Its a forum, people can talk about who and what they want.
  • I think the pop at our attendances is fair, but I still think 54k is a bit too big for West Ham. 45k would be about right IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• West Hamm ra ra
  • uncle said:

Can't wait to see someone spend billions on players at West Ham! European Cup winners by 2020, playing in front of 8 million fans. Or more likely, continued mediocrity but with the added bonus of the soul being ripped out of the club.

Are you to young to remember when chelsea were a shit club then? Why not at West Ham? They will have probably the best stadium in the country with the best transport links good support (better than chelsea's before the russian) No one can be proved right now, only time will tell.

It wasn't really a pop at Charlton, more a people in glass houses.... Yes this is a forum for talking about what you want, so I can discuss Charltons attendances too, whether it's been done to death or not can't I? Seeing that I base what I say on what I see by being there, not just reading about on line.

If no one thinks West Ham cant get the support, why are there hundreds of threads on here about how unfair it is and that they will be taking all the local support away?
  • Chelsea had won 2 fa cups, a league cup, a cup winners cup and a charity shield a fews years before the russian came in. They also had the ground extended to 45,000 and had a growing fan base.
  • West Ham's support isn't better than Chelsea's support before Abramovich! Stamford bridge was always full when we played them and we're hardly a glamorous opposition.
  • Chelsea had won 2 fa cups, a league cup, a cup winners cup and a charity shield a fews years before the russian came in. They also had the ground extended to 45,000 and had a growing fan base.

You mean when Matthew Harding started pumping money into the club? So your point is? Chelsea's support is mainly corporate and people who have never heard of Kerry Dixon, Just like West Ham's will be filled with the same and people not knowing who Tony Cottee is.... Like it or not in my opinion that is how it will end up. You have your opinion, I have mine. We will see what was is right in time.
  • edited October 2013

West Ham's support isn't better than Chelsea's support before Abramovich! Stamford bridge was always full when we played them and we're hardly a glamorous opposition.

West Ham's total average attendance from 1975 to 1995 is 477.211 an average of 23.860
    Chelsea's total average attendance from 1975 to 1995 is 437.397 an average of 21.867.............. Looks like Charlton was a glamorous tie. Always best not to base your argument on the one game you went to.

• West Ham's support isn't better than Chelsea's support before Abramovich! Stamford bridge was always full when we played them and we're hardly a glamorous opposition.

I recall some Chelsea attendances dipping to about 10,000 in the early 80's (I think). I don't recall W Ham's ever being quite as low.
  • uncle said:

West Ham's support isn't better than Chelsea's support before Abramovich! Stamford bridge was always full when we played them and we're hardly a glamorous opposition.

West Ham's total average attendance from 1975 to 1995 is 477.211 an average of 23.860
    Chelsea's total average attendance from 1975 to 1995 is 437.397 an average of 21.867.............. Looks like Charlton was a glamorous tie. Always best not to base your argument on the one game you went to.

They're pretty similar which is what I expected. West Ham and Chelsea are the 3rd/4th best supported clubs in the city IMO. Take away the Chelsea glory hunters and I don't think there's much between them.

As for the Olympic Stadium, the government don't want it to be a white elephant so it will be very interesting to see how that pans out.
  • uncle said:

They're pretty similar which is what I expected. West Ham and Chelsea are the 3rd/4th best supported clubs in the city IMO. Take away the Chelsea glory hunters and I don't think there's much between them.

As for the Olympic Stadium, the government don't want it to be a white elephant so it will be very interesting to see how that pans out.
    Yes it will be interesting and It wil be interesting to see if any of the glory hunters at chelsea abandon ship if West Ham start winning everything
  • uncle said:

uncle said:

Are you to young to remember when chelsea were a shit club then? Why not at West Ham? They will have probably the best stadium in the country with the best transport links good support (better than chelsea's before the russian) No one can be proved right now, only time will tell.

It wasn't really a pop at Charlton, more a people in glass houses.... Yes this is a forum for talking about what you want, so I can discuss Charltons attendances too, whether it's been done to death or not can't I? Seeing that I base what I say on what I see by being there, not just reading about on line.

If no one thinks West Ham cant get the support, why are there hundreds of threads on here about how unfair it is and that they will be taking all the local support away?
    I take your point, but Chelsea were/are a bigger club than West Ham. Same with City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always had a soft spot for west ham but for me once they leave upton park they will never be the same club again. They will lose the heart of the club. Used to enjoy my visits to upton park. Bit like arsenal leaving highbury for me. Shame. Still just my opinion.
  • Always had a soft spot for west ham but for me once they leave upton park they will never be the same club again. They will lose the heart of the club. Used to enjoy my visits to upton park. Bit like arsenal leaving highbury for me. Shame. Still just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Our time at Upton Park was when I started attending regulary so will always have a place in my heart. It wasn't home but infinitely better than Shithouse Park.
  • I use to go over to upton park as a kid to watch man utd in their hey day; George Best Bobby Charlton et al. A Packed house. We would be outside the gates at 11:30 so that we could be right at the front.
  • Didn't miss a single one of our 'home' games at UP - just felt we were getting near to coming home.

Actually quite enjoyed it there - OS won't be the same.
  • West Ham's move may be the making of them as a football product, but it will be the final nail in the coffin for them as a football club.
  • I just want them to go down and orient to go up and wave to them as they pass them by in the league.

• I just want them to go down and orient to go up and wave to them as they pass them by in the league.

We don't all get what we want though do we.
  • But if you try sometimes, you'll get what you need.........
  • Millwall should sell their ground and move in with West Ham , what could go wrong?