Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Auction closed** In Memory of @CHolland Fundraiser**Includes 1949 Team Photo**

edited October 2013 in General Charlton
In memory of Colin, we are raising money for the Greenwich and Bexley hospice, where he spent his last few days, before passing away in January this year after suffering from Cancer. Colin was a well known face at home and away games over the last 35 years, and always had time for everyone. His collection of Charlton memorabilla is vast, and on the request of Colin's family they have asked that these items are auctioned and kept within the Charlton family.

So far we have raised just over £1375, thanks to this site and other items being sold via Ebay. Thank you for looking and happy bidding.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/52836/colin-holland-rip-cholland/p1

If you haven't seen the auctions before a few notes. They are real auctions so only bid you if can and intend to pay. Highest bidder wins and pays postage or collects. Auction ends at 5.00pm this Friday. Any bids after 4.59pm are invalid. Please only bid in few £ units.

Lot A: A black and white team photo (10" by "8) from the 1948/1949 season at an unknown away ground. Photo in excellent condition bar a slight fold in the right hand corner. Would look excellent framed. A rare item. Opening bid: £20

Lot B: A Signed black and white photo (13cm by 18cm) of Keith Peacock scoring his first goal in a 2-1 win at Luton from November 1971. This item has been kindly signed by Keith. Thanks also to Tom Morris for giving permission for this to be sold. Opening bid: £15

Lot C: Fifteen x 13cm by 9cm black and white photos of Charlton players from the 40's, 50's and 60's. All in excellent condition and includes players like Peacock, Hewie, Leary, Kinsey, Welsh, Shreeve, Duffy and Croker. Opening bid £15

Lot D: Sam Bartram Autobiography hardback book published in 1956 by Burke. Book in good condition for its age though there are a couple of missing parts to the dust cover. Opening bid: £10imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• C £15

Many thanks. Excellent start.

• A: No bids as yet
    B: No bids as yet
    C: £15 - Henry Irving
    D: No bids as yet
  • A b d

20 quid each
  • A b d

20 quid each

Many thanks

A: £20 - nth london addick
    B: £20 - nth london addick
    C: £15 - Henry Irving
    D: £20 - nth london addick
  • Good start so far, but I'm sure we can raise more on these excellent items
  • Is A. Taken at Villa Park?

Must be a team that played in red\claret as we have changed.

I also wondered if it was taken at Villa. In the top right is what looks like the curved wood that was at Villa. The glass below also supports the possibility of it being Villa. At a guess therefore this photo was taken before a fixture at Villa Park and the players are in front of the Trinity Road Stand (which has since been demolished)
  • 48 hours to go

I also wondered if it was taken at Villa. In the top right is what looks like the curved wood that was at Villa. The glass below also supports the possibility of it being Villa. At a guess therefore this photo was taken before a fixture at Villa Park and the players are in front of the Trinity Road Stand (which has since been demolished)
    It does look like Villa Park and after doing some research the photo is from the Villa away game on 23/10/1948, where we lost 4-3, after leading 2-1 and 3-2
  • Sponsored links:

• What do I win?

So the line up is?
  • Bartram, Shreeve, Lock, Fenton, Phipps, Revell, Hurst. O'Linn, Vaughan, Brown and Duffy
  • Lot C = £20
  • Lot C = £20

Many Thanks

C: £20 - Valiantphil
  • 24 hours to go
  • Just over 8 hours to go. Keep bidding
  • shirty5 said:

Lot C = £20

Many Thanks

• How big is the book? No of pages ?
  • Mike said:

How big is the book? No of pages ?

Hard back, 23 by 15 cm. 160 pages

• Go on for D £25
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike said:

Go on for D £25

Many thanks

• edited October 2013

Many Thanks

D: £25 - Mike

• c 25

Many thanks

• C - 35 nth london addick
  • Thanks all. Another one hundred pounds raised. Winners to be contacted soon
  • get in

seems like me and Cholland had a very similar love of all pics in Black and white of CAFC my mrs is going to hate it if I keep buying them as its costing me a lot in frames now but our wall will look quality in the end
  • You mean you're not donating them to the Museum like you promised?

: - )
  • Lol

If you wish we can discuss any that take your interest on sunday in all seriousness if the team photo for instance takes your fancy I am sure it would look great in the museum