Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Wigan

Comments

• Hamer - 7 Nothing to fault
    Wilson. 8 Great run, good pace, excellent game
    morrison 7. 5 Solid
    Wood. 7.5 solid
    Wiggins. 7 Decent. but crossing not there yet
    Pritchard 7 Lost a point for miss but worked hard and harried all game
    Cousins. 6.5 Ok, but below the level he has previously shown us
    Stephens. 8.5 MOTM - Hungry, gopod in the challenge and busy. He looks bigger!!! I like the new Stephens
    Stewart. 6 In a tight game against a decent team, we needed him to be better
    Church. 7. Worked hard

Sordell 7 Did well I thought
    Dervitte 7- Solid

Cant judge Kermogant as he was injured quite early.
  • Hamer 7.5
    Wilson 8
    morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchardb 7
    Cousins 6.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6.5

Sordell
    Dervite

How can u give Kermo more than Church
  • Hamer 7 - controlled a shaky defense well and made some good saves.
    Wilson 7 - some slack passes but very good game overall one superb run down the wing
    morrison 6 - led well but was out of position
    Wood 6 - seemed to be doing well, very solid until he picked up a knock
    Wiggins 7 - did very well but his crosses, set pieces and long balls were wayward probably due to the wind. got caught out of position once or twice by wigan on the counter but a good
    performance overall
    Pritchard 8 - MOTM maybe not a popular choice but he worked his socks off, created a few opportunities as well as getting in the right positions. surprised at the marks above. Get some shooting * * * practice!!
    Cousins 6.5 - good performance pls don't expect him to dominate every single game he plays in! solid and steady on the ball decent performance.
    Stephens 7.5 - great performance, a contender for MOTM as well. Almost scored a cracker but despite this his game today was hampered by the wind so his crosses, set pieces and general play wasn't * quite as good as the last couple of matches.
    Stewart 7 - constantly created, bit shaky to start off today but seems to have progressed as the seasons gone on.
    Church 6 - struggled to penetrate a very well organised defense, still worked hard as always.
    Kermorgant 5.5 - His appearance lifted the crowd and he was playing very well, winning headers and providing a target man for charlton in the first 5 mins. Was gutted when I sore him go to the ground.

Sordell 7 - I thought he played very well and held up the ball well. surprised by the comments above.
    Dervite 6 - did well the one defender who didn't lapse in concentration during the game

• Hamer 7 Good game looking back to his best.His distribution was particularly excellent
    Wilson 7 Looked good going forward
    Morrison 6 Sound
    Wood 8 The best defender,hope he is not injured for too long.
    Wiggins 7 Gave us balance
    Pritchard 7 Looked busy
    Cousins 6 Gave the ball away a couple of times and not quite up to his previous performances
    Stephens 8 Really looking the part now.
    Stewart 7 Did look lively
    Church 6 Tried quite hard
    Kermorgant 7 Looked good whilst on the pitch

Sordell 6 We missed Yann
    Dervite 7 Filled in well for Wood
  • Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 8
    Morrison - 7.5
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Pritchard - 6.5
    Cousins - 7-5
    Stephens - 8 MOM
    Stewart - 7
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 6

Sordell - 6.5
    Dervite - 6.5
  • Redhenry said:

Hamer 7.5
    Wilson 8
    morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchardb 7
    Cousins 6.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6.5

Sordell
    Dervite

• Redhenry said:

Hamer 7.5
    Wilson 8
    morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchardb 7
    Cousins 6.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6.5

Sordell
    Dervite

In the time he was on he was winning much needed ball.
  • Hamer - 6
    Wilson - 7
    morrison - 6
    Wood - 6
    Wiggins - 6
    Pritchard - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Stephens - 7.5
    Stewart - 6
    Church - 6
    Kermorgant - 6

Sordell - 5
    Dervite - 6
  • Hamer -6
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 6
    Wood - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Pritchard - 5
    Cousins - 7
    Stephens - 8 MOM
    Stewart - 6
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 5

Sordell - 6
    Dervite - 6
  • Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 8
    Morrison - 8
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 7.5
    Pritchard - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Stewart - 6
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 5

Sordell - 5
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer- 7
    Wilson- 6.5
    Morrison-7
    Wood-7
    Wiggins -7
    Pritchard-6.5
    Cousins-6.5
    Stephens -7.5
    Stewart-6
    Church -6.5
    Kermogant 5.5

Sordell - 5.5
  • colin1961 said:

Hamer 7 very good handling today in strong wind
    Wilson 6 One good run
    Morrison 7 Strong
    Wood 7 Excellent player makes Morrison a better player , hopefully injury not to bad
    Wiggins 6 Ok
    Pritchard 4 Missed a sitter, passing and crossing awful ...
    Cousins 7 Disgrace that he gets taken off and Pritchard stays on
    Stephens 8 MOM
    Stewart 6 Done ok crossing at times poor
    Church 6 Worked hard but very little service
    Kermorgant 4 Not on long enough

Sordell 7 Think today made a diff...
    Dervite 6 Is a worry

Powell 3 ,,,,to negative why switch to a 4-5-1 with 20 mins to go , go for the win for god sake 0-0 at home will not keep us in this league

you are wrong on this point
  • Hamer - 6 Played decently, did not have a proper save to make. Commanded his box well, which helped the defence in the swirling wind conditions.

Wilson - 7.5 Marked down for his 1 (repeat ONE) mistake. Some fans just don't like he's in Solly's boots at the moment. One absolutely lung bursting run, for which some criticise him for not getting back quickly enough. His name is NOT Usain Bolt!

Morro - 7 A very good performance. Led well, was strong, won his headers, and not out muscled. He needs to improve his distribution.

Wood - 8 Was looking like a MOTM performance until injured. I knew he was hurt instantly, because he NEVER goes down. As you could see as he constantly smashed Holt off the ball. No mean feat.

Wiggins - 6 I hate it when he takes free kicks, as they're always pants. Is looking better though, but poor crossing.

Pritchard -5.5 Average performance, was not as dominant as he could be. I think we all agree wide right is not his best position, but hard to not pick him for his work rate.

Cousins -6 Still a strong force in central midfield, but seems more comfortable at the base of a diamond, than I a flat midfield 4. Ran out of steam badly.

Stephens - 8 MOTM. Much better with a water carrier like Cousins in the side. Allows him to get forward, and be creative. (I probably would have gone for Wood if he'd lasted the 90 minutes)

Stewart - 7 Let's get one thing straight. The reason he is in the side over Harriott is obvious to me. Defensively, he is twice (if not more) the player Cal is. His pace is electric, but doesn't really trust himself to use his left foot, which is unfortunate. However, if he lays the the ball on a plate for Wiggins to cross, and it goes out for a goal kick, it's not his fault. Is it?

Church - 5.5 Again, an all action display from Churchy. Not a great holder up of the ball, and never really got the ball in the areas where he is dangerous.

Yann - 4 Injured in the 1st 5 minutes, and virtually a passenger until substituted. Nobody is a bigger fan of Yann than me, but some of the marks given to him on this thread are deluded, for 5 minutes of football. Should not have started in my opinion. CP needs to show more faith in the players that have got us 3 clean sheets in a row.

Sordell 6.5 A decent performance. Won some headers, which is a first, and played some decent passes to the overlapping Wilson. The free kick was not a shot, he hit it low to keep it under the wind, and, if you consider it as such, was very dangerous. I can't see how anybody can give Yann I higher score than him.

Dervite 6.5 It is telling that some of our more hairy moments defensively came after he came on. And I'm not saying he played badly, at all. It is a credit to the relationship that Wood and Morro have established.

I will add, that I am a massive fan of Harriott, and my comments on Stewart are not meant to be a real criticism of him. He is only 19, and that side of his game will improve with experience. The biggest problem with today's performance was the ball never fell to our strikers in the danger area. Sign Camerling, and give Yann a proper rest, so we have him properly fit later in the season.
  • Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Pritchard - 7
    Cousins - 6
    Stephens - 8
    Stewart - 6.5
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 6

Sordell - 6.5
    Dervite - 6.5
  • Hamer 7
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 6.5
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 8.5 mom
    Stewart 7
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 6

Sordell 6
    Dervite 6
  • Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 7.5
    morrison - 7
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Pritchard - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Stephens - 7.5
    Stewart - 6.5
    Church - 6
    Kermorgant - 6

Sordell - 6
    Dervite - 6
  • Hamer-7
    Wilson-7
    Morrison-7
    Wood-7.5
    Wiggins-7
    Pritchard-6
    Cousins-6
    Stephens-7.5
    Stewart-6.5
    Church-6
    Kermorgant- 6

Sordell-7
    Dervite-6.5
  • Hamer 7
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 8.5
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 6
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 8
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6

Sordell 6
    Dervite 6
  • Hamer 7
    Wilson 7
    morrison 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 6
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 8 MOM
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6

Sordell 6.5
    Dervite 6
  • Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Wood - 7.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Pritchard - 6.5
    Cousins - 7.5
    Stephens - 8
    Stewart - 6
    Church - 6.6
    Kermorgant - 6

Sordell - 6
    Dervite - 6.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer 7
    Wilson 8
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 6
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 8
    Stewart 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6

Sordell 6
    Dervite 6
  • Hamer 7 Did all that was aked of him one very good save and catch diving to his left

Wilson 7 Stuck at it against a tricky opponent in Mc Clean. Great surging run towards the Covered End in the second half.

Morrison 7 Solid
    Wood 8 Good to see a Charlton player show a bit of physical dominance. Unlucky not to score in the first half.

Wiggins 7 Looking more like the old Rhoys. Defensively sound and got forward too in the first half.

Pritchard 7 If his finishing was better he would have been MOM but at least he got into the positions to miss!

Cousins 7 not as evident on the ball today but a lot of good work covering and pressing off it.

Stephens 7.5 Probably the best I've seen from him. Amazed to see him square up to Grant Holt too!

Stewart 6.5 Perhaps I expected more from him but the one disappointment for me today.

Church 7 Did what he does but no real chances

Kermorgant 6 Injured early on so not his usual impact

Sordell 6.5 Not a lot of service a few flashes of potential

Dervite 7 Sound and solid when he replaced Wood

Jackson n/a
  • Hamer 7 Good solid performance, although had little to do
    Wilson 7 makes the odd mistake but always looking to be involved
    Morrison 7 Ditto
    Wood 7.5 Has done very well in recent weeks, hope he is not out for long
    Wiggins 6.5 Good first half but faded after the break
    Pritchard 6 Loses a point for glaring first half miss.
    Cousins 6 Quieter than in previous games
    Stephens 8 (MOM) Best performance I have seen from him in a while
    Stewart 7 Did OK, bit needs to learn how to cross better
    Church 6.5 Quiet game, didn't get much service
    Kermorgant 6 Another injury a concern.
  • Hamer 6
    Wilson 7
    Wiggins 6
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Pritchard 6
    Cousins 6
    Stewart 6
    Stephens 8
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6

Sordell 6
    Dervite 6
  • Hamer 7
    Wilson 7.5
    morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 6.5
    Pritchard 6
    Cousins 7
    Stephens 8
    Stewart 6.5
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 6.5

Sordell 6
    Dervite 6.5

• Hamer 7 Untroubled.
    Wilson 7.5 Defended really well and got forward when he could. He's quick and Solly might struggle to get back in for a while.
    Morrison 8 Looking more his old self. Read the play really well.
    Wood 8.5 Very assured and looks the ideal partner for Morrison. Excellent free-signing.
    Wiggins 7 Definitely getting back to his best.
    Pritchard 6 A bad miss and a low shot with his left foot when a square pass was the better option but still put a shift in against a good team.
    Cousins 7 Faded in his last ten minutes but did so much good work prior to that. Looks like he's been a regular for years.
    Stephens 9 Inches away with a brilliant shot on the run and was the best player on the field. So much more mobile now and he's playing the game at a very high tempo. Expect January bidders if he keeps this up
    Stewart 6 There's talent and intelligence (his 1st half positioning was excellent) but was well marked and his crossing was iffy.
    Church 6 Tries so hard but no chance in the box when marked by giants.
    Kermorgant 7 Won a lot headers in his short time on the pitch.

Sordell 7 Did well in both positions and does play some nice balls. Bet he would love a chance to partner Kermorgant again and I think he'll be fine in the coming months.
    Dervite 7 Solid enough and very decent back-up.
  • Hamer 6 Still seems uncertain when coming for the ball.
    Wilson 7
    morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 6
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 7
    Stewart 5
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 6
    An average performnce from the team.

• Hamer 7 Did ok no problems
    Wilson 7.5 Solid again, extra half mark for the surge down the right in second half.
    morrison 7 Solid
    Wood 7.5 Solid will be missed if his injury is serious
    Wiggins 7 Generally good, some poor crosses
    Pritchard 6.5 Worked hard as usual, but his composure in fronT of goal is non existent.
    Cousins 6.5 Faded badly second half, it would be surprising if he was top of his game every week at his age
    Stephens 8 Next to Cousins he is the major plus of the season so far
    Stewart 7 Lively menace all afternoon, delivery not quite there.
    Church 7.5 Work hard, made good runs, never really quite fell for him.
    Kermorgant 7 Looked up for it straight away, see you later Yann, how long this time?

Sordell 6.5 He has the skill you can see that, there were some nice touches, but always feel he is going to lose the ball, or fall over
    Dervite 7 Solid, only lost his place to the impressive Wood, will be a reliable back up if Wood's injury is serious
  • Hamer 7
    Wilson 7.5
    morrison 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 6.5
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 8
    Stewart 7.5
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 6

Sordell 7