Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Pritchard is 'kicking himself.' Probably missed.
  • Pritchard is 'kicking himself.' Probably missed.

Lol very good and probably didn't get in the right position then :-)
  • thought the more interesting comment was that he has been working 1 to 1 with Keith Peacock on his finishing. An answer for those who ask "what do our coaches do all day?"

• thought the more interesting comment was that he has been working 1 to 1 with Keith Peacock on his finishing. An answer for those who ask "what do our coaches do all day?"

Good to see all that hard work paying off ;-)
  • Dear Mr Bradley Pritchard,

May I share with you as a supporter the frustration of watching you not for the first time I contest, not being able to hit a cows arse with a banjo this Sunday last. Whilst I of course make allowance this time for an error in what must of been a moment of high physical drama and excitement, please can I suggest that if you are fortunate enough to play for Charlton Athletic again as I am sure you will be, that you check the following.

1) That your boots are on the correct way around.
    2) That a member of the coaching staff draw a simple line diagram of the goal with a suitable arrow denoting the direction of where they expect you to place the ball when it gets to you.

Many thanks for your continued efforts,

Charlton Athletic supporter
  • And to add to this 3) take a deep breath, get your head and knee over the ball and as a bare minimum hit the target........at least warm the keepers hands........please.
  • 4 Shoot across the keeper with power not near post softly
  • So far this thread supports the notion that the phrase "I can forgive lack of ability as long as the players work hard" is absolute bollocks.
  • cafctom said:

So far this thread supports the notion that the phrase "I can forgive lack of ability as long as the players work hard" is absolute bollocks.

There's lack of ability and then there's basics Tom :-)
  • I support him because although his first touch is terrible and his shooting is worse than shit he gets into the right offensive postitions and tracks back superbly
  • Sponsored links:

• Could have been worse, it could have fallen to Church or Sordell..!!
  • I think you guys are being harsh, Pritchard's first half field goal was fantastic yesterday.
  • The Guardian's quoted Pritch slightly differently in their piece on the game:

'Yann's frustrated to have come off. But he's moody anyway.'

Brilliant.
  • Goals are pretty big and I reckon I could hit the target 9 out of 10 ten times...but then again I don't play for Charlton.
  • He scored goals for fun in the conference...
  • I support him because although his first touch is terrible and his shooting is worse than shit he gets into the right offensive postitions and tracks back superbly

the trouble is we can support him all we like yes he s a lovely lad ,a trier,he works hard (runs around a lot) but he hasn't got the football ability

• Every week there is a target on this website. This week it is Pritchard, and seems it has been for a few weeks. Interesting as a number of the same people were bleating on about how Jackson & Kermogant were not up to it in the early part of last season.

Pritchard gives 100 effort, never lets us down and is a decent enough footballer. He may not be Ryan Giggs, but if he was he would not be with us!

He had a couple of opportunities yesterday but other players missed chances as well. At least Pritch was in the right place which is more than can be said for our strikers and I for one am confident his scoring will come through, it is often just a confidence thing.

Keep at it Pritch and whilst you are no youngun, in football terms you are pretty inexperienced and so still hae plenty you can pick up from the likes of Mr Peacock.
  • Despite my pretty poor attempt at a gag earlier I actually rate Pritchard and think we are better with him in the team than without. No he is not the greatest technician but he bring some dynamism and energy to the team which allows other players to play their game. Surely the fact that he had the highest number of assists last year would suggest he is worth his place?
  • Surprised pritch could finish a sentence.
  • The Guardian's quoted Pritch slightly differently in their piece on the game:

'Yann's frustrated to have come off. But he's moody anyway.'

Brilliant.

Guardian reader.
  • Sponsored links:

• you need a whole heap of attributes to be a pro footballer if you have them all you play high up the triangle, if you hold some you play for cafc if you hold a couple you play league 1

pritch has enough to play for us imo but he really needs to work on his finishing, like I said he has the skills to get into those positions

• Pritch is definitely not the problem we have in scoring goals. We have people in the team payed explicitly to score goals and look no more likely to score than Pritchard.
  • I agree but he should finish better and get more goals considering the spaces he finds, his first chance was wasted with a near post weak shot, where he should've gone across goal hard, the second there is no excuse to panick and finish like that
  • IMO Pritch is a decent ballwinner and tidy passer - and will bust a gut for the team effort:

1) His covering and tracking knits the team together

2) That lung bursting run to get into the box gets him into a goalscoring position - but breathing hard and at full stretch, he hasn't the split second he needs to balance and get his technique right.

But then many players wouldn't see or make that run.

• mate he had time and hadn't run that far for the second chance the first one he worked it himself so maybe
  • I wasn't being specific to that chance he spooned over yesterday, NLA ..... but generalising, you frequently see Pritch make his trademark long hard run off the ball to get into the box late, only to snatch at the goal scoring chance.

The manager knows this too - which is no doubt why Peacock has been helping Pritch in training.

• for large parts of sunday pritch was almost playing alongside church with sordell out on the wing couldn't get my head around that at all, im sadly one of those who just dosnt get what he adds to the team, cant cross cant pass cant shoot I love his energy and his heart and the fact he would run through a brickwall for us but is it enough?
  • it is enough mate because without those sorts of players the players who do the pretty stuff cant play
  • but who does the pretty stuff? havnt had a pretty player since andy reid.. callum maybe but hes been left out of the team of late dale at times on sunday looked the player he should be stewart was disappointing on the wing all of my non cafc mates who I took on sunday said how badly we needed someone with a bit of flair in the middle someone to pickup and run at the defence in their words we solid but dull as feck..
  • Dale can provide the bullets as can stewart, Cousins is able to I reckon, but watch how many times pritch breaks up and gives the ball to those 3

I aint a big pritch fan , his first touch is non existent and his shooting woeful but I think he is not a problem in the team