Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ward vs Rodriguez

Should be good, put a few bob on Ward inside the distance (2-1)
Not sure Rodriguez is good enough to even be in the ring with Andre, break or not. Points win to short to punt.

Comments

• Rodriguez has power, usually throws good precise shots, he is technically sound and throws a lot of shots from wide/unusual angles.

Having said that I still think Ward wins, probably on points,
  • Neither are a patch on James Degale....
  • Neither are a patch on James Degale....

Assume you will take a £500 bet at evens with me if degale ever fights ward AFKA?
  • Haha i'd assume AFKA is being sarcastic after the terrible Degale fight earlier tonight.
  • As I said last night on Facebook , next week Carl Froch is fighting George Groves on sky box office at a sold out Manchester arena but before that tonight we have James De Gale fighting live from a shopping centre on channel 5
  • How that must pain degale
  • Haha i'd assume AFKA is being sarcastic after the terrible Degale fight earlier tonight.

I didn't see it. Was it that bad. Boxing news called it "convincing" http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/news/james-degale-unanimously-outpoints-dyah-davis

• The atmosphere at that Bluewater place is non existent . Also as regards to Eubank Jnr no one is ever going to know how capable he is fighting bums at shopping centers. Would love to see him being picked up by Eddie Hearn and given better fights and exposure
  • Felt like a missed opportunity for Degale to impress given that it was live on terrestrial TV with no competition for viewers from Match of the Day.

Could also sense some tension between him and Mick Hennessy in the interviews at the end around the path to getting a world title fight.

He lost on a close points decision to Groves, but seems a fair way behind him now.
  • How that must pain degale

Amazing how differently their careers have turned out so far. There wasn't much between them when they fought but there's a distance now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Degale was an over confident and arrogant prick back then and his career suffered it was a huge loss to st george as george had held a win against him prior

At 2 and 0 to georgie it really took his career way off track

Degale was the olympic pin up and like so many before him thought his career was secured the millions were coming

I think he has regained his work ethic from those that spar and train with him on occasions but to me something aint right

His winning celebration that he does with that ridiculous face and pose tells me he still thinks that the fight game needs him when in reality the oposite is closer to the truth

He may come back if george loses to froch as it would make sense to both camps to make that match but if george wins degale may as well get used to shopping centres
  • De Gale is painful to watch. His "antics" in the last round last night were cringeworthy.

Not sure what to make of Eubank Jr. He is a big lad and might have to step up to light heavy at somepoint.

He can certainly punch, but I have no idea what is going on in his head. He just seems to coast through fights and at times takes lots of unecesarry punches.

The upper cut that finished last nights fight was savage. I heard the other guy went to hospital, was there any word on him?
  • Ward was massively impressive again. Cannot see why he - or Froch - would want a rematch. Ward's the best super middle by a country mile. Nobody else should be calling themselves champion at that weight.
  • The only reason the rematch is called for is because Froch is probably still Ward's biggest competition right now at the weight (don't think Ward wants to move up)

I'd rather see Ward fight Froch again than a line of nobodies way down in the rankings like last night.
  • There is nobody left for Ward to fight at 168.
    But Froch would be one of the biggest pay days out there for him

IF he stepped up to light heavy, I would love to see him fight Kovalev.
  • Felt like a missed opportunity for Degale to impress given that it was live on terrestrial TV with no competition for viewers from Match of the Day.

Could also sense some tension between him and Mick Hennessy in the interviews at the end around the path to getting a world title fight.

Listening to Hennessy, it seemed like even he knows DeGale is going nowhere fast and he's just praying for one big money fight with some of the big names he mentioned.