Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• How the hell do you get 22 players to concoct a correct result ?
  • I'd like to think that this sort of thing never happens to our games but it's amazing what people will do if they are paid enough.
  • Conference level. 3 clubs
  • What I don't get is the concept that you can make that much money on a bet on the amount of yellows in a game or whatever, at that level, to make it worthwhile. Just how much money is being bet on a Conference level match that bookies are not picking up that unusually large spot bets have been placed?
  • Police confirm that Simon Church's right boot has NOT been arrested #skynews

Hamers gloves in for DNA testing though.
    Daily telegraph
  • Dean Keily burning all videos of game v Swindon in 2000
  • Hadn't seen this thread before i started mine.

The thing i don't get is how some of these asian bookies make money.

First you get the spot fixing in cricket. Now if you're a bookie and someone came to you and said i want 300k that so and so will bowl a no ball in the 6th over, would you take that bet? Or would you think, hang on a sec, perhaps this bloke might just know something.

Likewise if some dodgy bloke from Singapore came to you and said i want 250k that Hyde v Nuneaton (for example) will be over 4.5 surely it'd set alarm bells ringing somewhere.

Why do they take these bets?
  • Surely they have loads of people put smaller stake bets on the same bet across different locations?
  • Barry Endean last seen packing his case and booking a taxi to Heathrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely they have loads of people put smaller stake bets on the same bet across different locations?

Even if they split it between 100 bookies, the question still applies, why would any bookie take a bet on something that would only be bet on if the punter had inside knowledge.

If a guy from Singapore goes to an asian bookie and wants cash on a high goals market in an English non league game, you'd surely be asking yourself, why? It's not Barca v Real!

The spot fixing in cricket is worse though. Why would anyone take a bet on a no ball in a particluar over. Ridiculous bet that would only be punted on if someone knew something.
  • edited November 2013

Surely they have loads of people put smaller stake bets on the same bet across different locations?

Even if they split it between 100 bookies, the question still applies, why would any bookie take a bet on something that would only be bet on if the punter had inside knowledge.

If a guy from Singapore goes to an asian bookie and wants cash on a high goals market in an English non league game, you'd surely be asking yourself, why? It's not Barca v Real!

The spot fixing in cricket is worse though. Why would anyone take a bet on a no ball in a particluar over. Ridiculous bet that would only be punted on if someone knew something.
    The report says they are Asian men that use inside knowledge from Asian betting websites.

I read that as they place bets via the internet, rather than actually going to a bookie.

Having walked past a few betting shops in London on the way to work, its clear that some Asian men will bet on absolutely anything!!! so i suppose their bookies will take bets on everything.
  • @SkyNewsBreak: Sky sources confirm former Premier League footballer Delroy Facey questioned by police over allegations of match fixing
  • There was more bets on Welling v Billericay last season than there was a Barcelona game that same weekend.

Just saying
  • There was more bets on Welling v Billericay last season than there was a Barcelona game that same weekend.

Just saying

That was just the dodgy Essex boys trying to work out online gambling

• I always thought there was was something odd with the conference south. For years my local team Chelmsford City would be top and running away with the league and then in mid January would go on a long losing run and have problems paying the players.

Christ, no wonder Slater wants rid of the club, doing well before Christmas then falling away after................the old bill must be on their way to The Valley as I type. :-)

Just saying

I've had a word with the Billericay goalkeeper and he said when he gets a minute he'll come on here and post to explain his side of the story.

I'm just waiting for him to get back from his holiday in the Maldives. Shouldn't be too long because he can take his brand new Porsche Turbo from the airport to rush home and post here.
  • Would explain our home form TBH
  • This really is a non story.
  • 33 year old , Delroy Facey is one of the six arrested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hadn't seen this thread before i started mine.

The thing i don't get is how some of these asian bookies make money.

First you get the spot fixing in cricket. Now if you're a bookie and someone came to you and said i want 300k that so and so will bowl a no ball in the 6th over, would you take that bet? Or would you think, hang on a sec, perhaps this bloke might just know something.

Likewise if some dodgy bloke from Singapore came to you and said i want 250k that Hyde v Nuneaton (for example) will be over 4.5 surely it'd set alarm bells ringing somewhere.

Why do they take these bets?

have you not seen some of Nathan Priors accumalators?
  • Can Delroy Facey be described as a Premier League footballer?!
  • 33 year old , Delroy Facey is one of the six arrested.

Again?
  • JT said:

Can Delroy Facey be described as a Premier League footballer?!

I don't think this involves league football. Conference i believe.
  • JT said:

Can Delroy Facey be described as a Premier League footballer?!

I don't think this involves league football. Conference i believe. I think he was on loan to Lincoln last season.
  • Ive had a few coupon busters at the non league,you could sometimes get some decent prices on games.Wondering now!!!
  • Former premier league player Delroy Facey one of the 6 men arrested, very surprised honestly thought I would never of heard of any of the footballers involved.
  • I know a couple of lads from Whitehawk that are involved
  • I did wonder how Oldham managed to turn over a Liverpool side in the FA Cup last season. Maybe the Magic of the FA Cup is not so Magical after all..