Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Feature: BEST OF

For the discerning, time concious lifer, who hasn't got time to wade through the mountain of trough that the rest of us fill our lives providing !

On the top bar on Mobile View, and on the Left-hand Categories section of the Desktop View, you'll see a new feature called Best Of...

http://forum.charltonlife.com/bestof/everything

This is a subset of the forum, listing out the comments that either a moderator has 'promoted', or a number of users have 'liked'. It should (in theory), draw out the best and most popular content, and from a mod point of view we'll try hard to promote this best post-match content. On mobile view it is a list, On desktop view its magazine style.

So if you are one of the 7% of Lifers who actually have a life, this should be a handy category for you.

Currently featured posts since last night are from:

danhughes99
Fanny
golfie (blame yourselves!)
RedValleyEast
ValleyMick
NZAddick
northstandsteve
garrymanillow
Bubble
Uboat

Comments

• A great idea but please can it not descend into, post which the moderators agree with. There are two sides to every debate and posts with a completely different view to your own can be some of the most interesting.
  • DRF said:

A great idea but please can it not descend into, post which the moderators agree with. There are two sides to every debate and posts with a completely different view to your own can be some of the most interesting.

Or be found on Into The Valley ;-0
  • Read it again. It's not only moderators that can promote a post. If you "Like" posts and others do, points are awarded to that post and once the threshold is met, the post will be automatically promoted.
  • How do i get an 'abuse' you bunch of sh**s?
  • Good idea, AFKA. Liking the innovations.
  • So abuse gets removed?
  • razil said:

So abuse gets removed?

Sort of, it gets moved from the forum to a mod queue. A mod then either approves and restores it, or confirms it as removed.

• I can't mark u as abuse
  • razil said:

I can't mark u as abuse

Can't believe none of the Trust articles are marked as "Best of" - they must be waiting for the "Very best of"
  • Has there been a Trust article since the new features?
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

Has there been a Trust article since the new features?

I don't think so, but it's only a matter of time until I compose something groundbreaking
  • Sorry to be a pain, but can we have the option to toggle between 2 columns and 1 for the magazine style? The narrow style is particularly difficult to follow when you've got posts with multiple nested comments.
  • It would be great if there was an option to hide certain threads that you might not have any interest in. That way , the threads you would like to read or comment on will always stay at the top.