Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have your say on CAS Trust: AGM with special guest Martin Simons, Free Beer, & Feedback survey

edited October 2013 in General Charlton
Our AGM will be on November the 9th 12.30 in the Bugle Horn and a CL exclusive, will feature a guest appearance by former Charlton Chairman and Trust member Martin Simons - you need to login to the site to see the page because this is posted in our members are in accordance with our rules.

As well as having your say in person, you can also have your say on the Trust online and help shape our next year's activities and you don't have to be a member to participate. You can complete our feedback survey Have Your Say, which thanks to some generous donations also includes some great prizes: 1st 2 tickets to bttv21, 2nd Chris Powell training top signed, 3rd Chris Solly signed Balloon girl t-shirt. We are hoping to add to this if possible soon.

We think it is vital that all Charlton fans have a say in how the trust is run, not just us the CAS Trust Board.

Thanks for your time

BR

Comments

• Unfortunately, as this is on a matchday, we shall be leaving home in order to get a reasonably close parking spot at 12.30 on Nov 9th and have a drink with friends pre kick off.

Won't this also rule out all those members who travel on the Valley Express or travel directly to Charlton by train ?

Seems odd that the AGM isn't being held one evening. Hope it doesn't affect numbers too much , razil.

• Our Secretary is away at the moment but I believe it was an attempt to reach more fans, the sgm was on a weeknight. Your points noted however and I will ensure this is looked at next time.

There is a proxy form if you can't attend.
  • edited October 2013
    Have to agree with Fanny.

Could see the logic of having the AGM on a match day if it was at or near the ground (could have asked to use one of the unused hospitality suites, if there are any. Is the Observatory suite still closed) but seems counter-productive to hold it miles away.
  • Bugle isnt miles and is downhill afterwards :)

We meet in there as they have a private room but all points noted
  • edited October 2013
    We held the SGM on a weeknight and the feedback was that it was difficult/inconvenient to attend a SGM during the week so we will hold this AGM on a Matchday. If that doesn't work either then we'll go back to the drawing board until we find a formula which works for our members.

Using a suite at the ground isn't appropriate for this event I feel for reasons of independence.

I'm not sure if there has been some confusion but the venue is the Buglehorn, a lovely pub in Charlton Village which certainly isn't "miles away" (just checked and it's 0.6 miles) from the Valley and has been selected due to its very close proximity to the ground and the fact that they can offer us a private room.

For those unable to make it to the actual event there will be proxy forms available to all members so that you can make your voice heard regardless of where you'll be at 12.30 on the 9th, but I sincerely hope you'll be with us to begin the celebrations for the first year of the trust and a great opportunity to discuss all things Charlton with some likeminded Addicks.
  • My mistake, I read it as the Beehive in Eltham. Bugle Horn does make more sense.
  • My mistake, I read it as the Beehive in Eltham. Bugle Horn does make more sense.

Ah right, we do rotate our meetings between the Beehive and the Bugle so the misunderstanding is understandable - we must have a thing about pubs starting with a "B" !
  • Unfortunately, as this is on a matchday, we shall be leaving home in order to get a reasonably close parking spot at 12.30 on Nov 9th and have a drink with friends pre kick off.

Won't this also rule out all those members who travel on the Valley Express or travel directly to Charlton by train ?

Seems odd that the AGM isn't being held one evening. Hope it doesn't affect numbers too much , razil.

Swings and roundabouts I reckon.

Distant Addicks are unlikely to be able to make a special journey, especially if they have to rise early for work the following day, but have the opportunity to attend if they are in the area for the match anyway.

I should stress that all I am doing is expressing an alternative opinion as a mere bloke who has paid his fiver.

I'm not party to the decision in any shape or form but know from my own experience of committees in the past, and life in general come to that, that someone will always find something wrong whatever you do and rarely if ever will you hear if things are right.

Hence the maxim no news is good news!
  • LenGlover said:

Unfortunately, as this is on a matchday, we shall be leaving home in order to get a reasonably close parking spot at 12.30 on Nov 9th and have a drink with friends pre kick off.

Swings and roundabouts I reckon.

Distant Addicks are unlikely to be able to make a special journey, especially if they have to rise early for work the following day, but have the opportunity to attend if they are in the area for the match anyway.

I should stress that all I am doing is expressing an alternative opinion as a mere bloke who has paid his fiver.

I'm not party to the decision in any shape or form but know from my own experience of committees in the past, and life in general come to that, that someone will always find something wrong whatever you do and rarely if ever will you hear if things are right.

Hence the maxim no news is good news!
    Other than the news that there will be a free beer* for each of the first 20 attendees at the AGM.

So now we're offering Martin Simons, the opportunity to talk all things Charlton in a venue in the heart of Charlton Village and a free pint to thank you for your support - what more could you want ?

*or glass of wine, or soft drink - please drink responsibly (until after the AGM)
  • Fair enough, Len.

Guess I was speaking on a personal level but believe me, I do have a fair bit of experience of committees and the allied problems !

Hope the meeting goes well, razil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jean you will be missed, I'll buy you a drink soon..

Free Beer: http://www.castrust.org/2013/10/2013agmsimonsisguest/
  • Free beer, I am there! Lifers, what more do you want? An opportunity to meet a no one like me, AND free beer.
  • am expecting mass resignations from the Board so they can get the free beer... ;)

Should have gone to spec savers

• Have your say survey prize draw now includes 4 tickets to BTTV 21 (two first prizes of two tickets) as well as signed Chris Powell Training Top (donated by Jean of NWK), and a signed Chris Solly Balloon girl t-shirt.

http://www.castrust.org/2013/11/andrews-turn-heat-cas-trust-prize-draw-2-bttv21-tickets/

we also hope to possibly webcast the AGM this Saturday at 12:30 in the Bugle, which also includes a FREE DRINK for the first 20 Members who come, and is guested by Martin Simons.

http://www.castrust.org/2013/10/2013agmsimonsisguest/

Valley ACV update coming shortly
  • Happy 1st birthday to the Trust and thanks to all those who have got it up and running so well with the successful ACV application being a splendid early birthday present!
  • Like any one year old the Trust still has a lot of learning to do, but there's lots of potential there !
  • se9addick said:

Like any one year old the Trust still has a lot of learning to do, but there's lots of potential there !

Like potty training, se9 ?

• can you two keep your 'role playing' off line pls, ta