Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Villas-Boas Sacked

Tottenham fans will be pleased.

Comments

• Options
    Says terminated by mutual consent.
  • Options

Yeah, sacked.
  • Options

THFC "We'll pay up the rest of your contract now if you go"

AVB "OK, I agree"

• Options

Which means sacked, but with a nice severance deal to stop him saying anything mean about the club, Levy, the board, players, etc.
  • Options
    Damn. I like that guy. Can't explain yesterday though!!
  • Options
    What a shambles Spurs are in now, perhaps sacking 'Arry wasn't so clever in hindsight?

AVB brought in way too many players in the off season and as happened with QPR the season before they have failed to gel properly.

Seriously, how much of that £100 million would Spurs recoup now if they tried to sell those recent signings?
  • Options

THFC "We'll pay up the rest of your contract now if you go"

AVB "OK, I agree"

Nice work if you can get it.
  • Options
    Chelsea were a farce under AVB similar end of the story at spurs.Money spent wether they were his options or not have been poor to say the least.Dont think spurs can attract the very best players. wenger says he wouldnt bring players to Arsenal who were not any better than he had already.Think this is exactly what spurs have done.
  • Options
    Well I can't get my head round that one I must admit
  • Options
    If I had 100m to spend I certainly would not spend it on people like Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho (Seen lots of the first two)
    Eriksen will be a quality buy in the long run, great little players.

Baldini makes the transfers though, so his fault as far as they are concerned.
    They havnt done much wrong apart from not score goals and two off games where they conceded 11.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbishley 33/1
  • Options
    Don't know what they expected. They've bought too many foreign players, who aren't accustomed to the league, what did they expect? These things take time.
  • Options
    Shows how good Bale was, won them so many points single handed last season
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Curbishley 33/1

Powell.
  • Options
    bunch of players who have no desire. though they were five nil down it doesn't excuse you (especially when you're being paid thousands) to give up trying to close down the player with the ball. that would of angered me as much as the scoreline.

poor tactics leaving so much room at the back, using llores as a sweeper keeper, Liverpool have got so many fast players who will beat that offside trap (crap offside trap when the two full backs have no idea how to stay in a line)

having only soldardo by himself up front was also a crap tactic.

when AVB didn't even bother to bring defoe on I knew he had given up.
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Curbishley 33/1

Powell.
    Dowie.
  • Options
    Glenn Hoddle will now be all over Sky Sports like a rash.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Shows how good Bale was, won them so many points single handed last season

Exactly. Spurs weren't actually that good last season but Bale won them a lot of points with late goals. Without him they'd have probably been 7th or 8th. There aren't many teams who improve by selling their best player.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Two of Jose Mourinho's former assistants sacked around the same time.Ironic.I'm less surprised than yesterday though.
  • Options
    Think we all know who is going to get this job!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't really understand why they got him in the first place really. Doesn't strike me as a Premier League coach.

People bang on about one amazing season he had at Porto, but the Portugese league is one of the most lop sided in the world.
  • Options
    Expect to see AVB rock up at the Hawthornes by the end of the week.

just looking on the f365 forum and someone's posted his win ratio at spurs - 2nd highest in their history after some guy in 1898/99..............
  • Options
    On bit of a side note - this Twitter parody of Alan Curbishley is comical - https://twitter.com/AlansAvailable
  • Options

Ex-Tottenham and England striker Gary Lineker: AVB has been sacked by Spurs. Would love to see Glenn Hoddle given another chance at this level. Has a brilliant football mind. LOL
  • Options
    Capello favourite.
    Laudrup and Hiddink as well.

Klinsmann?
  • Options

Capello favourite.
    Laudrup and Hiddink as well.

Klinsmann?

can't see klinsman leaving team usa. they got a good chance of doing well in the world cup with him at the helm.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Don't really understand why they got him in the first place really. Doesn't strike me as a Premier League coach.

People bang on about one amazing season he had at Porto, but the Portugese league is one of the most lop sided in the world.

Iain Dowie could win a few trophies with Porto if he had Hulk and Falcao up front
  • Options
    I like Laudrup
  • Options
    edited December 2013

cafctom said:

Iain Dowie could win a few trophies with Porto if he had Hulk and Falcao up front

the Portuguese league is naff, but come on, that's just being silly.