Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alnwick contract

How long have we signed him for? Seems a very capable player and better backup than Sullivan or Button were.
His handling was very assured yday in difficult conditions.

Comments

• End of season I think.
  • Its a lovely position Powell finds himself in... Alnwick is in top form and doesnt merit being dropped... Hamer will be back soon and I dont expect him to be straight back into the starting eleven so will need to up his own form even more (like when he was dropped last season) to get back into the side

Bit of a win/win situation on the Goalkeeping selection you'd like to think
  • He's 27 on New Years Day
    Andy Hughes is 36 on the 2nd of Jan
  • To me he has looked more solid than Hamer. Surely wont lose his place
  • redman said:

To me he has looked more solid than Hamer. Surely wont lose his place

I always believe its sends a really bad message to the squad if a player is dropped just because someone else is coming back from suspension / injury... If your Chris Solly then maybe your an exception but unless the player is in a bad run of form then they shouldnt just be replaced
  • I'm really not sure about his beard though!
  • Alnwick looks very promising ...strong game yesterday

Hamer's got a bit of previous in the facial shrubbery department too though.

I agree with ForeverAddickted. Hamer shouldn't simply walk back into the team. Unlike Button last season, Alnwick has made few errors in the games he's played and has made some excellent saves, plus I feel he is far more commanding in the area than Hamer is. Hamer needs to earn his place back, not have it given to him.

• Button was poor IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmm Alnwicks done ok, but the last couple of games at the valley, he's let some dubious goals in, as well as making some good saves, Hamer had lost his way / suffered a dip in form, maybe he was playing through an injury?

It's Alnwicks shirt to lose IMO as others have said, I guess as players such as Solly get fit and the team and results improve, then the spotlights not on the keeper as much, I thought Alnwick could have done better with the Brighton first goal, but then maybe I'm being harsh?

Said on cafc player yesterday that him and hamer are having a beard off.
  • Alnwick doesn't deserve to be dropped IMO but I do think it will be a matter of time before Hamer is back in the starting XI (after he's fit again). Alnwick has made some good saves but let in a couple of goals which should've been kept out. I know yesterdays first was awful defending but it was a weak shot within grasping distance. Hamer's kicking is also second to none.
  • Hmm Alnwicks done ok, but the last couple of games at the valley, he's let some dubious goals in, as well as making some good saves, Hamer had lost his way / suffered a dip in form, maybe he was playing through an injury?

It's Alnwicks shirt to lose IMO as others have said, I guess as players such as Solly get fit and the team and results improve, then the spotlights not on the keeper as much, I thought Alnwick could have done better with the Brighton first goal, but then maybe I'm being harsh?

I think it's fair to say that maybe he COULD have saved it, but if he had it would have been a very good save, and with a fair amount of luck besides. It's not the kind of save I would expect most keepers to make routinely!

Said on cafc player yesterday that him and hamer are having a beard off.
    Well shaving off his beard didn't do Tim Howard any good yesterday!
  • I don't think it's just 'saves' that should be looked at.

I think Alnwick's bravery translates into mire confidence in the back 4.
  • I can't see Hamer getting back in at the moment

Alnwick is soooooo much better with his handling in the box, actually nice to watch a game without fear of a bloke in a green shirt flapping in the wind
  • I've been impressed by Alnwyck, can't see any way he'll be dropped. And I'd like to see Nick Pope play against Oxford; I've seen him a lot and think he is an exceptional goalie in the making.
  • It interesting to look at Alnwick's career - he's not played many games - usually a back-up. Maybe this is his chance to change that and he's grabbing it.
  • What I've seen of him I like. Inspires more confidence in me than BH.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with the majority. I wasn't expecting it, but feel that Alnwick is playing better than Hamer & long may it continue.
  • I agree with the majority. I wasn't expecting it, but feel that Alnwick is playing better than Hamer & long may it continue.

Have to say expected little of both Alnwick and Wood - happy to be proved wrong.
  • I was and still am a fan of Hamer's, but Alnwick has done a great job since he's come in, far better than I think most expected him to. We haven't had two genuinely decent keepers competing and challenging one another since we had Randolph and Elliot both wanting the No. 1 jersey, long may it continue.