Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Captain clean shorts would be proud

The legend that is Matty H would be proud of how clean Cameron kept his kit yday. Yann by comparison looked like he'd been in a mudbath.

Comments

• WSS said:

He can keep his shorts clean and be involved in two goals every week in my book.

My thoughts, why we have to try and dig a player out every week I don't know!
  • I'm not his biggest fan, but he ran 20 yards at full pelt to slide in for a great block yesterday, so the original post is well wide of the mark.
  • It was meant to be light hearted - v skilful player but not a bloodnguts type.
  • There was one moment in front of the east stand yesterday where Cameron didn't go for a challenge that he should have. Apart from that, he was fine.

Can't believe he's being tainted for that one moment!
  • I stand corrected you touchy lot!
  • It was meant to be light hearted - v skilful player but not a bloodnguts type.

Should have added a smiley :-)
  • Off_it said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but he ran 20 yards at full pelt to slide in for a great block yesterday, so the original post is well wide of the mark.

seems that as that was at the Jimmy Seed end of the ground that wasn't noticed : - )

• Kap10 said:

It was meant to be light hearted - v skilful player but not a bloodnguts type.

Should have added a smiley :-)
    I will apologise to Cameron on Sunday.

• Better 2nd half but poor in first imo even with the cross for the goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• He gets more and more stuck in every week. Think that's something our coaching staff are trying to bring into his game
  • Winger not going in for tackles shocker!
  • He'll never be as good as Kerkar..........................

;-)
  • There was one moment in front of the east stand yesterday where Cameron didn't go for a challenge that he should have. Apart from that, he was fine.

Just before he pulled out of that tackle he had been hobbling after being caught in a challenge so he can be forgiven for that.

• I noticed that Yann changed his shirt and shorts at half time. the clean set lasted about three minutes before he was covered in mud again.

Players don't need to have muddy kits to prove they've got 'stuck in'. on the other hand my son always has a filthy kit after he plays sport and he runs away from the action just in case he has to kick the ball.

Just before he pulled out of that tackle he had been hobbling after being caught in a challenge so he can be forgiven for that.

I was worried he was going to have to be subbed - he hobbled about for a while.
  • edited December 2013
    He is very good in one on one situations though I have noticed he does sometimes hesitate unnecessarily to go past a man or deliver a ball. As far as wingers go, he isn't outstanding but by no means a weak link when you look at the assists he has provided and the few goals.
  • edited December 2013

I noticed that Yann changed his shirt and shorts at half time. the clean set lasted about three minutes before he was covered in mud again.

I think they all had a change of kit at half time. wouldn't want to spoil an 'empics moment'

• He is the definition of a luxury player, absolutely clueless when he doesn't have the ball and was marking space in the first half, pulling out of tackles and looking generally lost.

Yet he created 2 goals, I'll take that again on Sunday
  • It's great to have a bit of flair on the left when you have the solid pairing of Solly and Wilson on the right. And don't forget Wiggins at full back giving Stewart the confidence to roam without fear of trouble if he loses the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• The legend that is Matty H would be proud of how clean Cameron kept his kit yday. Yann by comparison looked like he'd been in a mudbath.

Years ago, my friend and I awarded the 'muddy shorts award' every home game for the player who fought and put himself on the line. Needless to say, it was usually awarded to Steve Brown when he played! Nowadays, I think Yann is as good an exponent of this type of player as Steve was! Different positions but both fighters.

• Lazy idle little gift who was read the riot act by Yann. Might end up a good player , but it's a might be....
  • Frankly I really don't much care about wingers who don't tackle or challenge for long/high balls - that isn't what they are there for. So long as they set up chances and grab a few goals themselves then that's their job done, and Stewart offers that on his day. There is no way a typical winger is going to be outmuscling/clattering many Championship lumps at the back, why the heck would we expect them to?
  • WSS said:

He can keep his shorts clean and be involved in two goals every week in my book.

One poor cross that was fortunate to scrappily find it's way through to Wilson and laying a throw in back to the taker who then crossed.

Not trying to dig the lad out at all, but think his 'involvement' in the goals yesterday is being rather over sold by some.

• masicat said:

Lazy idle little gift who was read the riot act by Yann. Might end up a good player , but it's a might be....

Can't understand this. It's like you're blind to any skill, flair and creativity because the player doesn't run around a lot!
    Me and Yann?
  • I didn't see the 'bottle' incident, but I think it's a little harsh to have a pop at him about it. It's worth remembering that this is a young player who, by all accounts, was highly-rated at Man U before he got a serious injury and has effectively been trying to save his career since. He might well not know what his situation is at his parent club, who if they stay up might well be looking to move him on.

But what he does know is that if he cops another bad one, his future is in serious jeopardy and we would be packing him off back to Hull before he wakes up from the anaesthetic - we wouldn't 'care' as such, as we're only a loan club. Also, there won't be that many clubs who would be prepared to take a chance on him after two serious injuries, so where next? I seriously doubt he's made for life financially yet.

I always remember what an old team-mate of Klinsmann said, which is that one of he reasons he used to dive and jump out of the way of tackles was because he'd had a bad injury when he was younger and then he saw what happened to Marco Van Basten, he decided he wasn't going to go out that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron has those kinds of thoughts in his head every time he steps onto the pitch and l couldn't blame him for that, all things considered - and having seen him sprint to charge down that shot l wouldn't totally question his commitment either.

At least, that's what I think.
  • masicat said:

masicat said:

Lazy idle little gift who was read the riot act by Yann. Might end up a good player , but it's a might be....

Can't understand this. It's like you're blind to any skill, flair and creativity because the player doesn't run around a lot!
    Me and Yann?
    Players have a go at each other all the time, doesn't mean Yann thinks he's an idle lazy little average footballer. Yann also had a pop at Stephens, does he think the same of him?

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but it came across as though you haven't looked at all the kids attributes.
  • Kid has lots of attributes, and is technically gifted. There are a lot of players like him in the lower leagues. Great at back healing and wonderful at keepy uppy. However, more is needed these days of a wide player. ( unless you happen to be Ronaldo ). Especially playing on a muddy bog of a pitch for a struggling team. Positioning, tracking back and covering are all part of the modern game. The amount of skill he has might get him to League 2, the rest might make him a top player. He needs to listen to what Yann told him and learn his trade.

IMO...

• edited December 2013
    masicat said:

Kid has lots of attributes, and is technically gifted. There are a lot of players like him in the lower leagues. Great at back healing and wonderful at keepy uppy. However, more is needed these days of a wide player. ( unless you happen to be Ronaldo ). Especially playing on a muddy bog of a pitch for a struggling team. Positioning, tracking back and covering are all part of the modern game. The amount of skill he has might get him to League 2, the rest might make him a top player. He needs to listen to what Yann told him and learn his trade.

IMO...

Laughable statement. I don't think there's any League 2 players, that are capable of scoring the long range efforts, that he's scored for us.