Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wendies Manager Stuart Gray comments

Seen 2 comments from him both made me laugh

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 57m
Stuart Gray on the pitch: "If it had rained for about a minute then the game would've been abandoned."

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 56m
SG: "We adapted to the conditions better. We dominated from start to finish. We became a bit of a charity club by giving away a cheap goal."

Comments

• Seen 2 comments from him both made me laugh

Stuart Gray on the pitch: "If it had rained for about a minute then the game would've been abandoned."

SG: "We adapted to the conditions better. We dominated from start to finish. We became a bit of a charity club by giving away a cheap goal."

He's kinda right on both counts !
  • se9addick said:

I dont think they dominated and they did not give us a cheap goal it was great play from stephens
    he also never mentioned there goal being offside
  • Crap first half edged by them, second half we made chances as did they, however they looked more dangerous.... But their goal was offside.
  • edited December 2013
    Yeh but what about their goal... Was a bit of charity from the officials cos they werent gonna score any other way, their finishing was bloody awful
  • se9addick said:

I dont think they dominated and they did not give us a cheap goal it was great play from stephens
    I think they adapted to the conditions better, particularly in the first - I was sure one of our numerous back passes was going to end in disaster
  • They were better side and Gray us right, we only made chances as they were going for it
  • se9addick said:

come on would he or any other manager say a goal was offside

• They gifted us our goal but the officials gifted them theirs. 1-1 and we backpeddled and allowed Sheffield Wednesday to come at us. A team with a crumb of attacking quality would've scored a winner. Thankfully they didn't and we take a point from a dour game.
  • Has anyone actually seen a replay of there goal? Was it definitely offside
  • Powell said it was an inept decision so taken it he has
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought it bounced off one if our players so not offside.
  • wood blocked the initial shot and it fell to their goalscorer who was apparently in an offside position so the decision could have gone either way
  • Deffo offside, just seen on sky and the fella who taps it on is two yards offside as the fella strikes it
  • Yep offside,but we didn't deserve to win
  • Yep offside,but we didn't deserve to win

Unfortunately whether you deserve to win is based on the number of legit goals that are scored so on todays basis we kind of did... Football isnt all about non-stop attack you've also got to defend well and we did that today
  • Did we Evina didn't
  • Blokes as deluded as Miss Piggy. Must be something in the water up north.
  • They were the better side. Stephens goal was fantastically executed but possibly the worst defended goal I have seen this year (including from us!!!) He had acres!
  • Says he's got 2 matches to win the managers job. Hope they get stuffed twice. ;-)

Ps Did you see his quote.

"We had decided to flood the midfield, which we did - and it worked."

No wonder the pitch is in such a state.
  • So after their manager and fans done all that moaning about our pitch they have had to put sand down in places today
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought it was offside from other side of pitch - got deflected off our player but does ref not know the laws of the game? As for the rain - yes I make him right and Wednesday didn't deserve to lose and edged the game but we deserved 3 points against Ipswich - you don't always get what you deserve.
  • Their pitch looked so much better than ours it had that green stuff we see on ours at the beginning of the season
  • Sadly if we don't get some players in January the Wed-nes-day will finish above us