Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens goal vs Sheffield Wednesday can be seen here

Missed the game today, but Dale's goal can be seen here --> http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/dale-stephens-goal-vs-sheffield-wednesday/

Nicely taken by him.

Comments

• Great skill there.
  • That's a brilliant goal
  • Great goal, missed that while still standing in the longest food queue ive ever seen
  • That's a premier league quality goal tbh
  • Looks better on that then at the game
  • shine166 said:

Great goal, missed that while still standing in the longest food queue ive ever seen

North Upper ?
  • se9addick said:

shine166 said:

Great goal, missed that while still standing in the longest food queue ive ever seen

North Upper ?
    Indeed
  • edited December 2013

That's a premier league quality goal tbh

This, and I think that we would need a potential bid of up to 5 million to tempt us to sell him ;)
  • Why are three Wendy players marking Jackson though...?
  • It would have been easier to pass to Church, I wonder why he didn't? Well done!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey, Stevo took that well.

Proper striker's goal.

• Brilliant finish... At the time for a split second I couldnt understand why he didnt shoot straight away but then when I saw him loop it over Kirkland I though it was excellent composure
  • Why are three Wendy players marking Jackson though...?

ball watching mate I wouldnt say they are marking him

• Gifted according to op.

You only have to look at their goal to see it nearly broke the net from so far out.
  • Gifted according to op.

You only have to look at their goal to see it nearly broke the net from so far out.

The bloke is a tool, yes he served his country and thats enough for most.. but he is a 100% WUM
  • It was the only time that we made some space at a throw in. I do wonder what they doing in training regards throw ins.
  • At first I thought he was going to absolutely leather it on the half volley. With the power he puts into his shots, he would have probably taken Kirkland's head off!
  • question is, would Church have done the same thing in that position...........sorry to say I don't think he would have done. Probably would have shot straight away and gone high, wide & handsome.
  • looks like the ref is gonna join in the celebrations
  • edited December 2013
    A great example of a player deciding what he is going to do before he gets the ball then executing it. A skill we don’t tend to teach our kids so very welcome to see a Charlton player possesses it. And yes, I don't think Church would have done the same thing. It is almost a form of programming that you are constantly reading the game and executing quickly. It is about buying yourself time by thinking about it early - English players tend to just react.

A good example is Church's chance at the end. The thought process should have been - control - shot to the left of keeper ensuring it doesn't go too high. Not easy to think of that when you are battling to win the ball, but he needs to have it in the mind before he executes.