Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

10 Year Premier League Table

At least we are clear of relegation in this...

Comments

• 114 games?
  • November 2003/2004 - November 2013/2014
  • 3 X 38 = 114.
  • edited December 2013
  • so of all the teams to have played in the PL in the last 10 years we are now the 4th lowest ranked in the football league with only Sheff Utd (who will come good apparently), Pompey and Wolves below us.
  • Cafcpolo , what are you talking about? I don't think you have read the thread correctly.
  • Hence the edit, had a bit of a moment :)
  • V surprised to see the team in 9th, I guess they wouldn't have been in most people's top 10, had they been asked.
    Not sure they'll make 11 years tho.
  • Ahhh .. the Lord Curbishley years .. may they soon be replicated
  • Sponsored links:

• looks just about as I would have predicted, at least we're above Palarse! :-)
  • so of all the teams to have played in the PL in the last 10 years we are now the 4th lowest ranked in the football league with only Sheff Utd (who will come good apparently), Pompey and Wolves below us.

Or, put it another way...we're the highest ranked team with 3 seasons on that list and that would have included our relegation season.

Always different ways to look at these things :-)
  • It's a coincidence for me that you've done this as I was wondering yesterday what teams will be in the Premier League in ten years time. Who will most likely be out, and who probability wise could go up and stay up.

Anyway, the most amazing thing about your table is the reminder that a team really did only get 11 points in a whole season. Mind you, they might soon get another go the way things are going!
  • It's a coincidence for me that you've done this as I was wondering yesterday what teams will be in the Premier League in ten years time. Who will most likely be out, and who probability wise could go up and stay up.

Tbh, does anyone actually think they'll be a PL in 10-15 years time? My money would be on a European Super League being formed.

• JohnBoyUK said:

It's a coincidence for me that you've done this as I was wondering yesterday what teams will be in the Premier League in ten years time. Who will most likely be out, and who probability wise could go up and stay up.

Tbh, does anyone actually think they'll be a PL in 10-15 years time? My money would be on a European Super League being formed.

There already is, it's called the Champions League, I think spurs almost made it there once or twice ;-)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

It's a coincidence for me that you've done this as I was wondering yesterday what teams will be in the Premier League in ten years time. Who will most likely be out, and who probability wise could go up and stay up.

Good point .. there will be a Euro Super League, the PL .. and then the champ and divs 1&2 will be pushed even further down the pecking order .. the PL (English) will become like the present day champ and the lower two divs will join with the conference in a third tier structure probably on a regional basis. It makes no sense at all for (say) Plymouth to travel to Carlisle to play before about 4,500 people, every game like that is a money loser.
  • Premier league all time table since it began back in 1992
  • I like that one better 21st best premiership club ever!!! Way above Palarse!!! ;-)
  • I find it amazing that only 9 teams have done the whole ten years
  • Also forgot that Oldham & Swindon were in the PL