Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those who like a sherbert at the ground.

Leyton Orient have won many CAMRA Awards for selling Real Ales at home games, and not the first time,seems they are leading the way on this front.

It's about time that punters who wish to have a sherbert at half time got a BETTER service and a decent beer at an affordable price.

I don't drink during a game but despair at the peeps waiting for 5-10minutes at halftime to get served.

Could this be bought to the attention of the stadium manager or who is in control of running the bars on the concourse.

Just an after thought,maybe we could win a CAMRA Award?

Comments

• Options
    Can't all be larger drinkers.
  • Options
    Ban alcohol in all stadiums ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Leyton Orient have won many CAMRA Awards for selling Real Ales at home games, and not the first time,seems they are leading the way on this front.

It's about time that punters who wish to have a sherbert at half time got a BETTER service and a decent beer at an affordable price.

I don't drink during a game but despair at the peeps waiting for 5-10minutes at halftime to get served.

Could this be bought to the attention of the stadium manager or who is in control of running the bars on the concourse.

Just an after thought,maybe we could win a CAMRA Award?

Have you got a link? I'll pass it on.
  • Options
    Im of to Orient then see ya
  • Options
    Guinness drinker myself but realise the problems with time pouring the stuff. Would love a decent pint of bitter though. London Pride or Harveys would be fine. Would make me more likely to drink IN the ground pre-match too.
  • Options
    Pride, Spitfire or Bombairder would go down a treat
  • Options
    Haven't Got a link Henry but it was mentioned last night on BBC Radio london.

Orient are doing a lot more business before during and after the game,More people staying after and for longer,i'm sure The club would benefit,more revenue,and better use of Bartrams.
  • Options
    A quick Google search suggests it's a supporters' club bar rather than stadium catering.

Still, sounds a billion times better than the sh*te in Bartrams.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Guinness drinker myself but realise the problems with time pouring the stuff. Would love a decent pint of bitter though. London Pride or Harveys would be fine. Would make me more likely to drink IN the ground pre-match too.

Dont drink it myself, but l would love to see some of the bar staff in The Covered End trying to pour a decent Guinness, that would be worth watching :)
  • Options
    One of the highlights of my trip to Blackheath rugby club last week was being able to watch the match with a decent pint of Greene King IPA in my hand. It was terrific.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, at Bristol City in the week, Away supporters couldn't buy a drink anywhere inside the ground.
    Coke & burger was your lot.
  • Options
    Surprised that they close Bartrams so early after matches, Im always one of the last to leave it would seem....a few more bar staff wouldnt go amiss but at least they pour a Guinness...so I cant really complain