Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Duchâtelet - Katrien Meire

With the European Parliament being based in Brussels, Belgium there could be many advantages to having the businessman, and politician Roland Duchâtelet, as Chairman of Charlton Athletic. On the other hand it could be extremely oppressive if Charlton Athletic's unique heritage is ignored.

I thought that with England, Nigeria, and Belgium all being participants in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil that I would test the water with Mr Duchâtelet by sending a message to the new Charlton Director Katrien Meire :

Hi Katrien

I'm pleased to see that you are now connected with my old club Charlton Athletic. With the World Cup in Rio coming up in 2014 both you and Mr Duchâtelet should be aware that Charlton's unique history includes the very important fact that Ben Odeje England's very first black footballer at any level played for Charlton https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150212137514569&set=pb.540164568.-2207520000.1389372683.&type=3&theater The comments next to this facebook photo are 100% revealing.

Comments