Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simeon Jackson

edited January 2014 in Rumours
Richard Cawley reporting on Twitter that we are trying to bring Simeon Jackson back from Germany. This might cheer a few souls.

Comments

• fingers, toes, everything crossed
  • Was disappointed we couldn't sign him in the summer. Could be a decent partnership with Yann up top.
  • Just said this to me
    @RichCawleySLP: @Sam_J_Green German club want to get rid. Will be competition for him though, as you'd expect.

We're also after Ishmael miller
  • Would be v happy with S.Jackson, as his shirt would read.
  • ssshhhhh!
  • Hmmmm disappointment ahead, or we will see that a page has really been turned.
  • Probably have a better chance signing Michael Jackson?
  • Jackson would be a good signing if it happens as others I'm sure would be interested in him. As for miller I remember him being great for west brom but that was over 5 years ago. Would give him a chance though.
  • Miller has 26 goals in 9 years

Can't say I'm that keen
  • A Powell signing one would suggest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes please, a proper striker. What's the chance of inviting Katrin to be a CL member ?
  • Why must they tease us like this?!
  • Simeon is a long-term target for Powell and a proven goalscorer in this division. Go get him! As for Miller, I reckon he's worth a punt. If anyone can get the best out of a player that's lost their way then it's Chris Powell.
  • Simeon is a long-term target for Powell and a proven goalscorer in this division. Go get him! As for Miller, I reckon he's worth a punt. If anyone can get the best out of a player that's lost their way then it's Chris Powell.

Marvin Sordell
  • Anyone seen Jackson's record? Not actually that impressive
  • Is Miller that huge bloke?

What is it?

• Stig said:

Is Miller that huge bloke?

Yes, looked good playing up front for WBA, alongside Phillips, in the Championship, looked lost since.

• Kap10 said:

Simeon is a long-term target for Powell and a proven goalscorer in this division. Go get him! As for Miller, I reckon he's worth a punt. If anyone can get the best out of a player that's lost their way then it's Chris Powell.

Marvin Sordell
    Yann Kermogant
  • Seemed to be doing a job for yeovil.

Pardew wanted Miller back in the first season in the Championship. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

Indeed, it is not brilliant, however as I pointed out on the transfer thread, the same was said about Yann when we got him, and he now has a better record with us then anywhere else he played.

Soldado had a great record before he went to spurs, now he can only score penalties.

Stats are not the be all and end all. Clearly if we do sign him, Powell thinks he can get the best out of him. It might happen, it might not.
  • Norwich fan's assessment: 'He won't let anyone down.'
  • What Simeon Jackson will do is stretch defences and get us playing further up the pitch. What we also need is a midfielder or two to get beyond the front men. Wouldn't mind Miller as well.
  • Kap10 said:

Simeon is a long-term target for Powell and a proven goalscorer in this division. Go get him! As for Miller, I reckon he's worth a punt. If anyone can get the best out of a player that's lost their way then it's Chris Powell.

Marvin Sordell
    Yann Kermorgant
    Michael Morrison
  • edited January 2014
    Kerm, S Jackson, Miller are three very very good strikers. That is a 'play-off' strike force.
  • dizzee said:

Kerm, S Jackson, Miller are three very very good strikers. That is a 'play-off' strike force.

Still need a decent winger to supply them though.
  • Jackson and Miller would be better than what we have, apart from Kermy. So it is a big yes from me.
  • A proven goalscorer in this division? I don't think he even scored much over ten goals in this div, and played one season at that level. Anything but proven. So OK a lot of appearances were from the bench, and he scored most of his goals at the end of the season when teams were knackered. More of an impact player, might be worth it as long as it's only on loan to see.
  • Ross said:

dizzee said:

Still need a decent winger to supply them though.
    I agree.

Keep the centre pairing of Stephens and Cousins.

The defence is a very good 4 of Solly Morro Wood Wiggins.

With investment in those two strikers and two wingers would have us in the playoffs potentially.
  • Saw Jackson a few times playing for Norwich. Looked good in the championship but struggled in the Prem. where they used him mainly as a sub. Think I remember him coming on late to score a hat trick in ten minutes against a poor Scunthorpe side. Will give us pace similar to Church but is a better striker. Good signing if it happens.