Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Duchatelet

13»

Comments

• Options

Is American Addick Doug Chapman I wonder?

My name is Patrick :)

• Options

Whereaboots in America as we Canadians say?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Middle of the country (an absolute crap hole) about an hour from Chicago. Hopefully i'll be moving to D.C. soon though!
  • Options

Oakster said:

Middle of the country (an absolute crap hole) about an hour from Chicago. Hopefully i'll be moving to D.C. soon though!
    so you got the old Polar Vortex full on then!!

It's about -4F where I am tonight but thats pretty normal for this time of the year....
  • Options
    More importantly what's your baseball team?
  • Options
    Powell needs to prove himself to Roland. Unfortunately when you go away to Doncaster and get done 3-0 (with your own players) it's a poor poor result.

These players the owner is bringing in have got to be better than some players Powell has bought in?

• Options
    Rolands thinking may possibly be starting to reveal itself.

He now has a network of clubs ,all with sale-able assets.It looks to me as though as those assets get sold on Roland can just back fill them with players from around his network.
    Every transfer window will be like this with all players fair game for a sale.The worry with this would normally be that there would be no time to get a replacement in. But Roland will have them on tap.
    Whether they are any good or not remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Yes, a couple of days ago we didn’t know what the plan was- now it is becoming much clearer. We might not like it, but at least there is a plan. And despite all the negatives –if – and it is an IF – if better players come in as a result of this new plan, then it could work. Our club has changed, that is for certain. That may mean some of the things that made it special have gone, but it also may mean that some of the frustrating things have gone with it. One thing is for sure – we will have to get used to it because there is absolutely nothing we can do to change it.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

These players the owner is bringing in have got to be better than some players Powell has bought in?

I hope so but how can you be sure?

They may well be, some have good credentials but none have played in England (bar AA) or at this level. That is a steep learning curve.

• Options
    If we didn't know before RD is well and truly running the show now. Powell is a mere spectator. God knows how the team is going to look tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

If we didn't know before RD is well and truly running the show now. Powell is a mere spectator. God knows how the team is going to look tomorrow!

He also seems to be a bit of a gambling man. Perhaps he thinks that if the foreign legion of players do not work out and we get relegated then he can put his Half a Billion Euros to some use next season....in L1.
  • Options
    He seems like a man who mistakes the power and influence afforded by his personal wealth as good judgement.

I fear he may have bitten off more than he can chew
  • Options
    Sign someone we know roland for FFS .
  • Options
    He can do what he wants to make money. Charlton fans too meek to react.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kentred2 said:

He can do what he wants to make money. Charlton fans too meek to react.

Yes? And, apart from join the Trust, just exactly what do you think Charlton fans should do in order to USEFULLY react?

• Options
    Stig said:

Or Doug Stanhope?

and that's why i drink....

• Options

MSE7 said:

I hope so but how can you be sure?

They may well be, some have good credentials but none have played in England (bar AA) or at this level. That is a steep learning curve.

I can't lol. But I no one thing for sure Roland if deffo different to old Jimnez and slater. My friend in Belgium said he is certainly not a backseat owner. The man walks on water. His bed makes itself in the mornings that's how cool he is...
  • Options
    He will have a crack team identifying players for his clubs so they are probably very well researched. You don't have Benfica and West Ham sniffing about a player who is no good.
  • Options
    I really hope in 5 months time a lot of people on here have a fair amount of humble pie to eat.

As I see it, RD has sold, older assets with value and replaced them with younger alternatives. Some of these have been brought in on long contracts and will not be here to play league 1 football. They have no fear and hopefully will deliver.

If we can now stay up, RD deserves a lot of praise, he has used his knowledge of European football (gained by owning multiple clubs) to garner some very promising talent for US. Whilst selling what assets have a value as opposed to losing them for free in the summer.

We looked doomed with the team we had performing the way they were, so what did RD and us as a club have to lose?

All in all I've got a real sense of excitement and anticipation to see these new guys perform for Charlton and move us away from the trouble that we currently face.
  • Options
    Tbh I'm going up to Wigan tomorrow expecting a heavy defeat but wouldn't surprise me if we won 3 0
    Been looking forward to Wigan and this adds to the excitement
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really hope in 5 months time a lot of people on here have a fair amount of humble pie to eat.

As I see it, RD has sold, older assets with value and replaced them with younger alternatives. Some of these have been brought in on long contracts and will not be here to play league 1 football. They have no fear and hopefully will deliver.

If we can now stay up, RD deserves a lot of praise, he has used his knowledge of European football (gained by owning multiple clubs) to garner some very promising talent for US. Whilst selling what assets have a value as opposed to losing them for free in the summer.

We looked doomed with the team we had performing the way they were, so what did RD and us as a club have to lose?

All in all I've got a real sense of excitement and anticipation to see these new guys perform for Charlton and move us away from the trouble that we currently face.

And if Powell moulds these players into a successful, winning team certain other people sitting down to a lunch of humble pie : - )

• Options
    People crack me up on here. This bloke has bought our club who were heading to league 1, he is putting money in the club, his money, he is selling players who either dont want to be here or wont play for us, hes making big money bids in relation to recent years, and yet he's still getting caned.
    Excellent!
  • Options
    The players he sold were out of contract at the end of the season anyway... Good business if u ask me
  • Options
    Greenie said:

People crack me up on here. This bloke has bought our club who were heading to league 1, he is putting money in the club, his money, he is selling players who either dont want to be here or wont play for us, hes making big money bids in relation to recent years, and yet he's still getting caned.
    Excellent!

Still heading to League One from where I am standing, although by the start of the league one season, the team may be quite competitive.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Excellent!

This

If it don't work then slate him and say it was destined to fail

When we signed yann

I read post after post of yann who underwhelmed

Along with every other signing we made near enough

We are bottom 3 in need of something to change

If powell had been sacked and we kept the squad there are people on here that would celebrate there are people like me who wouldve been pissed

We have kept powell and got rid of players and for now I am more happy about that than I am sad players have gone

The new players come with a lot of info and lot of opinion and seem to be very very good prospects

Powell can turn the prospect into players I trust him to do so

If anyone can work this to his favour its powell

We were in a fight and we still are dale is the loss right now but let's see

Because I reckon its going to pay off because I am an optimistic bloke maybe because things like this don't panic me maybe

But mostly I want cafc to get back to where it belongs and we have tried the traditional way and got 2 relegations stitched up and robbed by a mgr and had shite guidance into div 1 in the way some of you wish the club was run now

Times change this is our time to change and if it works watch this club rise again
  • Options

And if Powell moulds these players into a successful, winning team certain other people sitting down to a lunch of humble pie : - )

Would happily be the first to admit I was wrong.
    As ive said all along, I hope he can deliver and can get us back to the premier league in time as that would be an amazing fairytale. At this moment, I just dont believe he has shown enough.
    we will have to have this conversation again in may.
  • Options
    For fucks sake you can use more than one line per paragraph!!! x
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Excellent!

Big money bids? And how many of them came off?

I think you're wrong. We have become the ultimate show pony club. A shop window for all of Roland's cast offs where can hopefully sell them for a bit of a profit.
    Progressing as a club is of no concern to him in my opinion.

• Options

Greenie said:

Excellent!

Big money bids? And how many of them came off?

I think you're wrong. We have become the ultimate show pony club. A shop window for all of Roland's cast offs where can hopefully sell them for a bit of a profit.
    Progressing as a club is of no concern to him in my opinion.

I give up.
    Cane the bloke who's just saved our club, who's invested his hard earned money, who has connections to other clubs so he can use players without breaking the bank, who is willing to bid big money on players ( not all bids work there could be dozens of reasons why a player does not sign) and when one of our players won't play for us has the bollox to get rid!
    You crack on having a pop at him, when we stay up, get stronger in the summer and push on you can come on here and say you were wrong.....if it goes the other way (it won't) then I will! But give him time first!