Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kermorgant interview for The Cherries

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2014-01-31-kermorgant-excited-by-cherries-project-1330556.aspx

Obviously loved Charlton but seemed pretty professional about moving on from the club and mentioned "they have ambitions to get into the prem." Doubt he will be around still to see them into the prem to be honest...neither will I lol

Comments

• Tried to click on the link and read the interview but I just can't, still too raw.
  • Old news
  • he seemed so calm about it all, almost disappointed he didn't drop a tear
  • His eyes are red
  • LLMTP said:

Tried to click on the link and read the interview but I just can't, still too raw.

same hear, just couldn't listen.
  • What is it with footballers and using the word "project"!? Dunno why but fucks me right off when I hear it.

Gone from gutted to completely over Yann now. Where's the clap or boo thread!? gonna head straight there and sign up for the boo squad. Think I need a lie down.
  • LOL....it's like discovering you've been cheated on....
  • Comes across as a knobhead in that interview.

It hurts. I blocked the thought of this transfer from my sensitive mind like I didn't want to accept the reality of it.

Now I have, I'm on stage 3, acceptance, which is after denial.

Stage 4 will kick in Bournemouth at home 3pm, stage 4 - which is angry and drunk.
  • If we offered enough money/security then no doubt he would have stayed.
    He said himself his family were settled, there is no reason for him to leave other than the offer being proposed, monetary or other reasons, not being good enough.
  • Dave2l said:

Comes across as a knobhead in that interview.

It hurts. I blocked the thought of this transfer from my sensitive mind like I didn't want to accept the reality of it.

Stage 4 will kick in Bournemouth at home 3pm, stage 4 - which is angry and drunk.

Knobhead in what way? Strikes me as though he's disappointed to be leaving Charlton and underwhelmed by his move to Bournemouth, but trying to present it positively with the standard football chat (like "project") a) because he has to present that facade publicly to Bournemouth and the fans etc and b) because he's probably trying to convince himself it's going to be a positive thing, as clearly he has major doubts about that.
  • Sponsored links:

• He obviously didn't want to go but, I would say, the contract that he was offered by us was significantly worse than that offered by Bournemouth. That's why he's gone. Onwards and upwards now for us. Thanks for the memories Yann. :-)
  • Dave2l said:

Comes across as a knobhead in that interview.

Knobhead in what way? Strikes me as though he's disappointed to be leaving Charlton and underwhelmed by his move to Bournemouth, but trying to present it positively with the standard football chat (like "project") a) because he has to present that facade publicly to Bournemouth and the fans etc and b) because he's probably trying to convince himself it's going to be a positive thing, as clearly he has major doubts about that.
    I only read the text didn't notice a video. I better view.
  • I take the "knobhead" back. Good interview.

Certainly the saddest transfer of charltons recent history.
  • edited February 2014
    At his age, he was offered a better contract and had to accept it. He can't tell the Bournemouth fans he doesn't want to be there. I think they were desperate for a player like him and paid over the odds - our club would never do that anymore - if they ever would! Of course that might be the wrong approach as relegation is quite expensive! But, I was always think of him with great affection and gratitude. Thanks Yann.
  • I'm not itk but believe that at his age we would only offer a one year contract (18 months total) at Bournemouth he got basically 2 years (30 months total). Has to think of himself first.

If we're going down the route of bringing youngsters through older (higher earning) players will go.
  • Don't know why I watched that to set me up for the day.

Makes me sad seeing crap like Semedo and Bailey's names on the POTY wall in Bartrams, and that he won't be on it.
  • boggzy said:

Don't know why I watched that to set me up for the day.

Makes me sad seeing crap like Semedo and Bailey's names on the POTY wall in Bartrams, and that he won't be on it.

I see no reason why voting him POTY wouldn't be a suitable response to his sale...
  • boggzy said:

Don't know why I watched that to set me up for the day.

I am going to vote for him a POTY
  • Talking of POTY, there is no stand out candidate not with the departures of Stephens and Yann.

I'd go for Morrison at this point. Maybe Cousins if he stays consistent and plays nearly every game left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Too true Boggzy.
    Rantofar are you a psychiatrist?
  • If Powell is still here , I can see him coming back once his contract is up at Bournemouth!
  • edited February 2014
    Just watched that interview , it just seems so wrong , its his choice of course , but i would have thought Brighton would have been a better choice , but perhaps they didn't want him , i can't believe Yann will enjoy his football as much at Bournemouth as he did here , for me Chris Powell was the guy that took a risk on him , & believed in him , will Eddie Howe be so forgiving?

I remember when we first signed him , Yann was derided by Leicester fans for that penalty miss , he more than made up for it here.

I know football fans are fickle , but we need some new Charlton heroes , Gary Goals aside , who is going to step up to the plate?

Thanks for the memories Yann , its not ended how i would have liked , but after seeing you at the Eltham Addicks meeting recently , i would have been very surprised if you had of stayed at the club , given your body language , and the fact you wanted security of a contract.
  • Does he not just say I'm on 10k a week and got a 300k signIng on fee, why else would I leave Charlton. Fair play to him, we couldn't offer that.