Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wembley

what's the point of spending £800m for a stadium in the arse end of London when the pitch is sh*t?

Comments

• And the roof doesnt shut !!!
  • To top it all the Yanks moaned about having to play on Grass.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]To top it all the Yanks moaned about having to play on Grass.

Sorry to be rude but they can just f*** off.
  • edited November 2007
    Exactly - why wasn't the game played at Twickenham where it isn't as much a problem? Probably because the RFU they think American Football is a load of shit - which is it.
  • Money, money and more money
  • got ourselves in debt and got to pay it off.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]And the roof doesnt shut !!!

Pardon my ignorance but isn't there supposed to be a roof?
  • There is a roof, but it was designed as a stadium exposed to the elements, and not a fully retractable roof.

No pitch would have dealt with the abuse it got from the NFL, including the grass pitches in the USA, and the rain in the last couple of days has been bad
  • Madness to play a meaningless Grid Iron game on it - days before such a vital match. They should play that rubbish at Twickenham or some other such venue.
  • Should have done, but they didn't.

The pitch didn't effect the result tonight, the lack of basic technique of English footballers was more of a problem
  • Sponsored links:

• It was the same for both teams.

England players however looked a lot more disgusted about playing in mud than the Croats did
  • Wasn' the NFL game about a month ago?

Chicago Bears play on grass and the city averages 50 inches of snow during the season.
  • I'm just suprised they didn't hold the Horse of the Year Trials inbetween the gridiron & tonights debacle!
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Wasn' the NFL game about a month ago?

Chicago Bears play on grass and the city averages 50 inches of snow during the season.

Yes it was...and you could still see the markings on the pitch !?!?!?!
  • You sure could! Could see 'Dolphins' written in the goalmouth, and the yard markings up the side of the pitch!
  • At Old trafford they can get rid of the Rugby markings overnight so how come they were still there last night after a month !
  • Looked more like a conference pitch

Or Plumstead Common
  • "Madness to play a meaningless Grid Iron game on it - days before such a vital match. They should play that rubbish at Twickenham or some other such venue."

That's right they should stick to their nutty brand of music!
  • BDLBDL
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I'm just suprised they didn't hold the Horse of the Year Trials inbetween the gridiron & tonights debacle!

Next up at Wembley Stadium - <ahref="http://www.raceofchampions.com/#/1_the_race_of_champions_comes_to_wembley">MOTOR RACING!</a>
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Wasn' the NFL game about a month ago?

Are they all on the marching powder in Chigago?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Looked more like a conference pitch

Or Plumstead Common

There was a lot more Dog sh*t on the wembley pitch last night, than there ever will be on Plumstead common ;)
  • The NFL game was actually 23 days before the England game, and it was ridiculous that you could still see the markings on the pitch.

I assume Marching Powder is cocaine - I don't get it?
  • edited November 2007
    the pitch conditions would have benefitted Croatia more in my view