Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Closing Discussions

Why has the thread re the kit sponsorship been closed so quickly. It is a bit high handed of whoever did it to close the thread without any explanation of why they have taken this action. Those that run this site say that they want a site where reasonable discussion can take place, well by closing a discussion that on the face of it seems fair is not reasonable.

So come on, who ever you are, explain yourself, or are you going to close this discussion as well?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Maybe because there is another thread with the same info at the top of the page?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/56919/shirt-sponsorship-your-vote#latest
  • then why not say so, as by not saying so, for those of us who don't look further than the end of our noses, there is an instant whiff of conspiracy
  • Blimey!
  • funny half hour on here
  • some people really don't have much else going on in their lives it seems.
  • Fuming
  • edited February 2014
    lancs lad, The mods that run this site do so out of their own time, they have family commitments, full time jobs and sun loungers to lay on, it must be time consuming enough to keep an eye on things to make sure they run as smooth as they do. If they had to put a reply/new message up every time they took a certain course of action they would need to pack up work & sun bathing.
  • As a paying customer I think Lancashire Lad has every right to demand an explanation for absolutely everything the moderators do and there is no obligation on him whatsoever to use a modicum of common sense to see that there was already a thread on the very topic right at the top of the page.
  • I closed it, and then my boss came out of her meeting and asked me to do something for her urgently and despite wanting to let you know that it had been mentioned seconds earlier on another thread, I couldn't tell her that I was just informing someone on a football forum why I have closed their thread. It was important to close it quickly before anyone had a chance to comment and therefore have 2 threads on the forum covering the same thing. I have come back at the earliest opportunity to let you know why it was closed. apologies 'outraged of lancashire' for the inconvenience. You've got your 'thread' count up again by adding this thread. well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lookout: I have edited my post at 3.07 to take into account your life style. I hope you were not offended at the thought of me not including you in the original post.
  • I think this thread should be closed.
  • i am suprised the the thread entitled "come on fanny" hasnt been closed yet ...admirable restraint shown by all
  • and anyway, how dare anyone post before going through the other 1,145,367 posts on this forum to check if a vaguely similar post has been posted before!

Fecking liberty takers.
  • It's tempting to open another thread called '100% support for AFKA and Lookie' to see if that gets closed.
  • Stone said:

and anyway, how dare anyone post before going through the other 1,145,367 posts on this forum to check if a vaguely similar post has been posted before!

Fecking liberty takers.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59517/closing-discussions#latest
  • edited February 2014
    quite understand Suzi, perhaps the site should recruit a moderator who isn't in work and doesn't have so much to do
  • quite understand Suzi, perhaps the site should recruit a moderator who isn't in work and doesn't have so much to do

Where is Nathan when you need him ? ;-)

• Surely this is a wind up
  • quite understand Suzi, perhaps the site should recruit a moderator who isn't in work and doesn't have so much to do

It does, but as lookout said the cocktail waiter was a little slow with his Rum Swizzle and it put him a tad behind with his duties.
  • Sponsored links:

It does, but as lookout said the cocktail waiter was a little slow with his Rum Swizzle and it put him a tad behind with his duties.
    And what about the time difference? He must be at least 4 hours behind us so give him a chance eh?

Riviera is retired ;-)

• I knew I was right about lookie in the 100% support thread
  • Stone said:

and anyway, how dare anyone post before going through the other 1,145,367 posts on this forum to check if a vaguely similar post has been posted before!

Fecking liberty takers.

I know , I posted about Charlton last month then I noticed loads of people have started threads about the very same thing after mine. Just lazy behavior frankly.
  • Can we have a new button saying "Just bonkers"?
  • Not that I want to kick up a fuss but I find it strange that a post regarding the top news story on the BBC has been closed. Yes, it's a disgusting topic but that doesn't stop it from being newsworthy.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/62947/660-suspected-paedos-arrested-today#latest
  • Agree JollyRobin. Admittedly some of the first few comments were puerile and distasteful but this is a major story. Having spent a lot of time with CEOP in South East Asia http://ceop.police.uk/icpn/, helping to find them sponsors and partners as well as support it is something close to my heart. What the combined forces have done today is fantastic news and should be celebrated but also serve as a reminder that there is a lot more work to do to protect our children.
  • No problem Jollyrobin.

The bottom line is this is predominently a football forum where the subject matter happily strays onto other subjects.

Some topics however, we tread carefully on because they are potentially divisive (and have a long-term impact on how people communicate with each other), while some subjects are basically things we simply don't wish to cover here, whether for potential legal reasons or because it just doesn't fit with what we want this platform we provide to be used for.

That topic is simply something we'd rather not cover on here, and just because something is a 'hot story' doesn't automatically mean that it has to be discussed here.

Hope that helps

• Only my opinion, yes it's an important issue, but this is a football forum. Specifically for Charlton fans. Why can't we just stick to Charlton related issues/concerns/comments? There must be other, more appropriate, forums?