Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bumping into Lifers.

Invariably after posting comments you may well get people disagreeing with you. In fact as we all know a debate can get very heated.
For my part, I have a beer with two lads on the concourse having met them through a friend. I have a quick chat with the bloke on the right to me and the lad sitting behind.
When I get back to the pub in Bexleyheath, there are loads of CAFC fans in there. You always get a "hello mate what do you think today" etc.
It occured to me I have met so many I probably must have had a debate with one of them at least. If I knew their alias, would I be pleased to meet them( I am sure I would ),
embarrassed, awkward etc.
I could imaging talking to a lifer who may say that if I ever meet Pettgra he is going straight through the window. Then there will be me saying" dearie dearie is that the time must fly"
I wonder how many lifers have finally discovered someones identity and thought oh dear.

Comments

• Options
    Pettgra was by far and away the nicest lifer I've ever met :-)

Drinks with some dodgy company though...

Generally, I've stopped analysing it. I've found more often than not that someone's Internet personality is very different to how they are in real life. What one is closer to the real them, I'm still not sure.
  • Options

Apart from me and NSS that is. we are both as miserable in real life as we are on here

But taller on here!
  • Options
    Mine is the same ;-)
  • Options
    Cheers for that AKFA. You are being very kind when you describe them as dodgy.
    I am still mentally scarred after going to Fulham with them!
  • Options

Mine is the same ;-)

Thankfully no its not...

• Options
    I often think this about half an hour after I've mocked, abused, patronised or dismissed someone on here. Quite embarrassing really.
  • Options
    There was a bloke on my Woolwich line train the other day... bit older than me, grey hair. I recognised him from Charlton (i think its charlton I recognise him) and I wondered whether he was a Lifer as he studied his phone, frowning.
  • Options
    I, along with another occasional poster on here, am on another forum that's concerned with the finest things in life: clothes, women and football. I've met a bunch of the lads on there loads of times and they've all been absolutely sweet as. In fact one fella I now rate as a very good friend.
  • Options
    From this site, I already knew Marriott110, nam and obviously my old man.

Since joining the site I have met blackheath addick and 'Eddie firmani' from doing work round their houses

Very nice people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have met half a dozen lifers and they all seem very nice people, hopefully they say the same about me.
  • Options
    Personally I would love to bump into Riviera one day
  • Options

I've met a few lifers. Most are ok but eaststandmike is a w*nker

Lol
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If I expected to meet many of you, I'd probably adopt a different tone! Dad said we'd meet a lifer in our new seats. I didn't know if that meant I'd get a shrug, a welcome or a black eye.
  • Options
    Only ones I really know are Rodney and Nolly, who I don't miss on here. Their relentless bants are as bad in real life as they are online.
  • Options
    I met CHG randomly through a friend and we've become great pals and when I can make games I'll always go along with him. I briefly met Southampton Addick and his son on the train following promotion from League One and I know what Leroy Ambrose looks like :)
  • Options

From this site, I already knew Marriott110, nam and obviously my old man.

Since joining the site I have met blackheath addick and 'Eddie firmani' from doing work round their houses

Very nice people

Whats your trade Greenie?

• Options
    Where is Nolly?
  • Options
    Hung up his online boots...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The old CIFC (organised on netaddicks and an email group) and then the couple of games for Charlton Life FC were a great way of meeting people/putting names to faces..as was City Addicks.... I fully expect my dad to be on here without me knowing, as I know a couple of posters are from north herts/harpenden, where he is... So far I've thought that everyone I have met on here has been OK (even Razil), but then I am a sociable chap ;-)
  • Options
    I spoke to someone Saturday he did mention Swanley a,couple of times.
    Would also like to say sorry to Owen must get hacked off with people saying your sebs brother
  • Options

Well you can one day soon hopefully as can everyone else if they want, I'll keep you posted.

I am honestly nothing like I come across on here, apart from the humour. Most people would be very disappointed in me as I am very friendly in real life and I don't know much about Charlton.
    Blimey, even Henry Irving is a nice bloke in real life!

• Options
    clb74 said:

I spoke to someone Saturday he did mention Swanley a,couple of times.
    Would also like to say sorry to Owen must get hacked off with people saying your sebs brother

I must have spoke to you mate as you knew I couldn't find my phone, as you know I was a mess.

• Options
    Met quite a few at the back to the Valley dinner. All decent people...obviously :)
  • Options
    know quite a few on here but reckon I know alot more than I actually realise
  • Options

Pettgra was by far and away the nicest lifer I've ever met :-)

Oh, cheers! I'll see ya in the Lib Saturday. Dunno whether to greet you with "hello" or "pick a window" now!

All jolly nice chaps and women chaps in my limited experience.

• Options
    Riviera said:

Well you can one day soon hopefully as can everyone else if they want, I'll keep you posted.

I am honestly nothing like I come across on here, apart from the humour. Most people would be very disappointed in me as I am very friendly in real life and I don't know much about Charlton.
    Blimey, even Henry Irving is a nice bloke in real life!

I have met Henry when picking up a poster