Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunglasses needed to look at Chelsea away kit

Just watching them on MOTD. How bright is that kit?

Comments

• Indeed. Why did they have to play yellow at Derby? I asked my 8 year old Chelsea supporting nephew why they wore yellow for yesterday's game and he informed me that the blue kit was in the wash! LOL
  • edited November 2007
    Lol!!

Which kit teams play in at away games is so much of a lottery these days. No doubt the club shop told them to wear the puce yellow to boost sales before Xmas.
  • I like the kick, makes the players stand out, unlike the grey kits of the mid 90s.
  • I think it's a great kit, would love us to have the same colour
  • I think it's horrendous and makes fans look like stewards.

At least all the roofers in Hayes and Slough get to wear there Chelski shirt as a hi-vis hence killing two birds with one stone
  • It's what an away kit should be. Chelsea nicked it off Barcelona who wore it last year (Sheff Utd wore it in the 90's, and will be wearing it tomorrow.) It is so much better than a black kit, and I mean this in a footballing manner. You can spot your teammates, even out of the corner of your eye, with Black you cant see jack. I remember going to Stoke when we had that Green/ Purple stripe jobbie. We had difficulty seeing the players let alone the players seing each other.

I think however that a dayglo pink is a natural progression, although not in XXXXXL.
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

I think however that a dayglo pink is a natural progression, although not in XXXXXL.

Like Palermo is it??

I can see that catching on, the pink lions are ahead of us in the queue for it though in their bid to create a 'carnival' atmosphere at the Den
  • The Palermo kit is your bog standard Pink, I was thinking more New Rave.
  • Ah in that case perhaps a flouresent orange like the blokes on the railways use could be our trailblazer with a view to cornering the market for new rave pink.

The thought of it is enough to induce violent projectile vomiting however
  • Sponsored links:

• Sheffield United will be wearing something similar tonight
  • Sheff U were the original for the luminous yellow away, and it was the business.

Always had a soft spot for them as a teenager and that shirt was one of the reasons why.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sheff U were the original for the luminous yellow away, and it was the business.

Always had a soft spot for them as a teenager and that shirt was one of the reasons why.

I am beginning to have serious doubts about you AFKA...:-)
  • edited November 2007
    you know what's it like as a kid Bing, you have a soft spot for about 4 different clubs for all sorts of reasons.

At the time, Sheffield had an ex-Welling striker banging in the goals, Dave Bassett as manager who i was meeting a lot at functions and was always brilliant with youngsters, a cracking luminous kit, and most importantly of all a wharts and all TV series that followed them through the season. First time i'd ever seen on the telly a proper behind the scenes look, and loved it.
  • edited November 2007
    OK I'll let you off. I was...........a Chelsea fan from aged 8 to about 11 because I read a book about their history and my mate liked them (despite the fact that I was going to the Valley pretty regularly).

I have never like Sheff U. I just think of them as a poor mans Leeds, lots of gobby Yorkshire fans but no success.