Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BB King - The Life of Riley

Brilliant documentary on BBC 4 tonight at 9pm . If you like your blues music you can't miss this .

Comments

• Just seen the piece on BBC Breakfast. I am not a massive fan of Blues music; however, I definitely will not be missing this one.
  • Thanks for the heads up Beds, I am a big blues fan
  • Have an app on my computer which allows me to watch UK TV so will definitely be watching that over the weekend.
  • I thought you were going to tell us he's done a Lightening Seeds cover.
  • edited February 2014
    Stig said:

I thought you were going to tell us he's done a Lightening Seeds cover.

That would be interesting !
    No, his real name is Riley B King.
  • I never knew that. I will record the programme and find out more. Cheers Beds.
  • Thanks for that.
  • One of my favourite useless facts is the BB was Sonny Listons cousin. Looking forward to seeing this documentary.
  • Did any of you watch it? It was very good and included some great film footage.
  • Fantastic film about a true giant of the Blues scene and a lovely, modest man as well. I have been fortunate to see B.B. King on a number of occasions and have always been knocked out by how gets the guitar to sing it may look easy but it ain't and so far I haven't got anywhere near getting the same tone. Not just one for the purists either as B. B. King is one of the few bluesmen to cross over to Soul/Rock and Pop. A great film about a proper musician.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was very good very humble guy. would love to see somthing about the guy who allegedly sold his soul to the devil at a crossroads to be famous cant remember his name read an article on it ages ago would make a great film
  • Robert Johnson and there was a documentary and a film based on the story called "Crossroads" it starred Ralph Machio who was rather good in it surprisingly with guitar parts played by Ry Cooder and Steve Vai. Its a bit daft but the music is brilliant check it out.
  • The title leads to believe Jim Davidson has been seen privately seen with new bird from countdown.

Blues are alright.
  • I watched it and thought it was fantastic.

And how you stay as grounded and wise as BB King whilst being a stone cold musical genius (with all the adulation it brings), I don't know - what a guy.

Quite apt that it was on the priceless BBC4 given that it was up against the woeful BBC3 for the chop. Thank God they made the right decision; they have had some excellent music based programmes on that station in the past few years...long may it continue.
  • Great film. I love BB. He makes it look easy, but "it's all in the fingers" - you can always tell it's him - it's in the tone and the vibrato. I'm gonna keep trying - if I am lucky enough to live as long as him maybe one day I will play a single note as good as him.
  • It was very good very humble guy. would love to see somthing about the guy who allegedly sold his soul to the devil at a crossroads to be famous cant remember his name read an article on it ages ago would make a great film

Ere...I thought you only watched Top Gear and the Football league show on the BBC? Unless BB has been the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' I guess you might watch it a bit more than you think :-)
  • Didnt u know bb is the stig...;-)