Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Mills on TalkSport

I was listening to Colin Murray's show earlier (I don't usually listen to this show due to work) and Bob Mills was on. I've not seen or heard any of his work for a few years - I used to enjoy His stuff about 20 years ago when he did In Bed With Me Dinner, but I never remembered him sounding drunk before. Today his words were constantly slurred and he sounded like he was three sheets to the wind.

Has he developed a drinking problem or is there some other reason? Anyone know?

Comments

• Would he take winning the FA Cup over staying up?
  • Used to really like his stuff back in the day. Saw him live about 7 years ago and he was awful.

Convenient sticks, Muggy Bonehead? Love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdLgoAvwQL8
  • Always sounds drunk on fighting talk too.
  • He was on The News Quiz tonight as well. Coincidence or has he just got out of jail ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    He used to be a regular guest on the Danny Baker morning show on 5live years ago, and he always sounded drunk then. Unless he was drunk at 8.00 in the morning, it was just the way he slurred his words.
  • He appears as a guest presenter, along with Perry Groves, every Friday on Colin Murrays Talksport morning show (10-12.30)....and yeah hes not drunk, it's just his way. Maybe it just sounds worse with age.
  • In bed with me dinner was classic and think he was first host of win lose or draw. Saw him comedy club Leicester square about 1992 and was quite funny.
  • He appears as a guest presenter, along with Perry Groves, every Friday on Colin Murrays Talksport morning show (10-12.30)....and yeah hes not drunk, it's just his way. Maybe it just sounds worse with age.

Yeah, it was about 10.30 on that show when I heard him today which was why I asked the original question. Fair enough if that's just how he speaks these days. In fact I'm quite pleased to hear that because I wasn't intending to have a pop at him, it was concern more than anything else.
  • I think he is an Orient supporter.
  • Yes Os fan. I saw him compere the comedy club and was very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big fan, saw him in a tiny comedy club in Beckenham in about '93 very funny, as was IBWMD. Also used to do a phone in show on LBC on Sunday nights which was always a good laugh.
  • To this day, I still class those who don't like football as Muggy Bonehead.................
  • He filmed alot of the series at the LWT studios in Waterloo at some silly hour like 11-30am.
    We used to get free tickets and spent many a happy hour or two in the pub afterwards.
    He is a very funny and lovely man, though I always meant to ask him why he supported Orient even though he was born in Chester.
  • ...I always meant to ask him why he supported Orient even though he was born in Chester.

And his uncle played for Chester.