Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Warnock Column said to have "irked" Chris Powell

according to the News Shopper

Comments

• Whenever I see or hear Neil Warnock I get irked. Loathsome character.
  • Some people really are stupid arent they... Well thanks Warnock and everyone else who wanted the Sheffield Derby you just did Powell's teamtalk for him

Is just like when we played Brazil in the 2006 World Cup, we had our media writing stories how we were gonna beat them etc... and all Scolari did was pin the articles on the players lockers so they could see and read them, he didnt say anything else apparently
  • as a Sheffield United fan, Warnock is entitled to his opinion .. I can't see the problem .. presumably the paper pays him to voice his thoughts, he has done so .. if any CLer had been asked his opinion for money, he/she would have given a different answer .. so what ?
  • Never forget. Neil Warnock is a perfect anagram of Colin Wanker.
  • Colin is a wanker but i don't really see much wrong with that. Seems like a fairly light hearted opinion.
  • I must be odd (theres a tee up if ever there was one) but I quite like Warnock.
  • Seems Colin is out of touch with the fans. Sounds like most Utd fans didn't want the derby.
  • Warnock is a tool but I cant imagine Chris did any more than read that, think "prick" and move on
  • Some people really are stupid arent they... Well thanks Warnock and everyone else who wanted the Sheffield Derby you just did Powell's teamtalk for him

Is just like when we played Brazil in the 2006 World Cup, we had our media writing stories how we were gonna beat them etc... and all Scolari did was pin the articles on the players lockers so they could see and read them, he didnt say anything else apparently

Can't remember us playing Brazil in Germany 2006? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Powell is getting old too quickly. I used to get angry when I was young, but only get irked nowadays.
  • edited February 2014
    As Warnock is paid to write interesting columns, I can't see what is wrong with it. I think Powell knows Warnock wasn't being disrespectful to us, but was stating how much a derby would mean to the city. Chrissy used the column as a motivation tool for the players - so any manipulation came from him. Well done Chrissy and no hard feelings to Colin.

I think Colin knew Chrissy fully intended to be a spoilsport and wasn't trying to persuade him to throw the game!
  • As Warnock is paid to write interesting columns, I can't see what is wrong with it. I think Powell knows Warnock wasn't being disrespectful to us, but was stating how much a derby would mean to the city. Chrissy used the column as a motivation tool for the players - so any manipulation came from him. Well done Chrissy and no hard feelings to Colin.

I think Colin knew Chrissy fully intended to be a spoilsport and wasn't trying to persuade him to throw the game!

There's the problem.
  • Ben18 said:

Some people really are stupid arent they... Well thanks Warnock and everyone else who wanted the Sheffield Derby you just did Powell's teamtalk for him

Can't remember us playing Brazil in Germany 2006? ;-)
    Whoops meant 2002 :-P
  • Regarding Warnock, did anything ever come of Jason Puncheon's allegations?
  • Peter_G said:

Never forget. Neil Warnock is a perfect anagram of Colin Wanker.

I thought he posted on here as Colin 1961 as well as that other forum we are not allowed to mention :-0
  • Hmmm. Major typo in that column. Rather than "Warnock" it should read "Wazzock".
  • DRAddick said:

Seems Colin is out of touch with the fans. Sounds like most Utd fans didn't want the derby.

You are probably correct there as both sets of supporters refer to the others as scum so Utd. would probavly prefer us. Hopefully we shall take a few of us up there. As for Warnock I have never taken much interest in his comments as he is a bit of a mouthy pillock. I have an amusing memory of being at Forest v Leeds Boxing Day 2012 when Forest won 4-2 and the fans were mocking N.W. 'you'll get the sack in the morning' but Forest sacked McLeish that same evening! After a convincing win orchestrated by Andy Reid.
  • Sean O'Driscoll was the one sacked. A McLeish team scoring 4?!
  • Must admit, when I read it I could not say much in it to be concerned about. He wanted, for the sake of a city he must know well and like, a local derby. A light hearted comment to CP to not be a "spoilsport", with no expectation at all of CP taking it seriously.

As Muttley said, well done CP if he did use it to our advantage. I would have thought Michael Vaughan and the Sheff Wed twitter account had provided much more ammunition beforehand anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• waldo said:

DRAddick said:

Seems Colin is out of touch with the fans. Sounds like most Utd fans didn't want the derby.

You are probably correct there as both sets of supporters refer to the others as scum so Utd. would probavly prefer us. Hopefully we shall take a few of us up there. As for Warnock I have never taken much interest in his comments as he is a bit of a mouthy pillock. I have an amusing memory of being at Forest v Leeds Boxing Day 2012 when Forest won 4-2 and the fans were mocking N.W. 'you'll get the sack in the morning' but Forest sacked McLeish that same evening! After a convincing win orchestrated by Andy Reid.
    Talking to a few (older) Owls fans on the tram on Monday .. the general opinion seemed to be that every derby puts Sheffield in a state of siege for the whole weekend and was therefore not exactly welcome .. a few younger ones joined in by saying they'd love to play the Blades and put them in their place, have a day out in London and perhaps enjoy a good row at the same time .. the interesting point is that the Wednesday TEAM didn't seem to fancy the derby .. they were well below what I expected in terms of passion and all out commitment even allowing for the superb performance from the CAFC eleven (plus subs)
  • Leuth said:

Sean O'Driscoll was the one sacked. A McLeish team scoring 4?!

Thanks, my mistake (obviously!)
  • edited February 2014

waldo said:

DRAddick said:

Talking to a few (older) Owls fans on the tram on Monday .. the general opinion seemed to be that every derby puts Sheffield in a state of siege for the whole weekend and was therefore not exactly welcome .. a few younger ones joined in by saying they'd love to play the Blades and put them in their place, have a day out in London and perhaps enjoy a good row at the same time .. the interesting point is that the Wednesday TEAM didn't seem to fancy the derby .. they were well below what I expected in terms of passion and all out commitment even allowing for the superb performance from the CAFC eleven (plus subs)
    Fair comment Lincs but as you and I know you can only play as well as the oppo will allow you to :-0 Second half they gave it a go albeit route one heavy reliance on set pieces.
  • I've always liked Warnock since he was on a panel before THE playoffs. The other members, like Wilkins, predictably selected Sunderland and Ipswich but he went for us.
  • If you've not seen it, there is a very amusing video on Youtube of Warnock rollocking his Huddersfield Town team during half time at a match in 1995.

CAUTION: Don't play in front of kids or at work, due to large amount of swearing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYuLiuGFyg
  • edited February 2014

I'm sure this is how much Powell cared. (he's on the right).
  • Ben18 said:

Regarding Warnock, did anything ever come of Jason Puncheon's allegations?

Yesterday on SSN's i think they mentioned that Puncheon has a week to appeal against a charge of bringing the game in to disrepute in connection with his deleted twitter comments ... it was something along those lines
  • The impression I get is that most Blades didn't want a Derby because if they lost they would have to put up with the wendies gloating for months in the way only they can!
  • Ben18 said:

Regarding Warnock, did anything ever come of Jason Puncheon's allegations?

Caused Warnock to raise his eyebrows apparently and then he remembered that he didn't have any .