Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• good to see us in the press though
  • I like a traditionalist, I know many people that still refer to the premier league as division 1
  • Im not sure Iran fans will be pleased that he hasn't scored yet, but i think he's been decent.

Will take him time to get used to the lifestyle/weather/style of football, and i think he will still have a hand in keeping us up and possibly taking us to Wembley.
  • I hope you're right VG, because against QPR he looked like a fan who'd won a competition to play in a professional football match.
  • edited February 2014
    Think QPR was bit of a mismatch when you consider the fact that he isn't a strong player physically, yet he was up against two absolute beasts in Onohua and Dunne.
  • cafctom said:

Think QPR was bit of a mismatch when you consider the fact that he isn't a strong player physically, yet he was up against two absolute beasts in Onohua and Dunne.

Most 'second division' centre halves are beasts though.

I do think there is a player in there but he will need to adapt quickly to the physical demands of the English game.
  • Uboat said:

I hope you're right VG, because against QPR he looked like a fan who'd won a competition to play in a professional football match.

TBH i wasn't at QPR, but from Birmingham and Wigan he looked ok. Thought his movement against Birmingham was great, so perhaps with AA behind him he might get some joy.
  • Uboat said:

I hope you're right VG, because against QPR he looked like a fan who'd won a competition to play in a professional football match.

TBH i wasn't at QPR, but from Birmingham and Wigan he looked ok. Thought his movement against Birmingham was great, so perhaps with AA behind him he might get some joy.
    And his strike against Wigan was class...
  • Lad has been with us over a month now so would be nice to see him kick on and start knocking a few in. Show some of that talent displayed on the International stage in the Championship.

The longer he goes without that first goal the more frustrated him and the fans are probably going to get.

Techinically he looks good and you can see he has the ability but needs to start turning that into goals. Fingers crossed it does work out for him as he seems to be a decent bloke also.
  • I get the impression that when he starts scoring we won't be able to stop him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good first touch. Has pace. Looks to be positive. Still settling into a very different life and adapting styles of play. Bit unlucky in hitting woodwork twice already. I like him.
  • Reza will need the right service, he can't chase flick ons or get into the channels, he will need pinpoint passes to feet or between defenders.

That is where AA comes into the equation.
  • He has also joined a team who are in a hell of a fight against relegation and not one strolling near the top and creating lots of chances. As mentioned AA will hopefully give him a decent service from midfield and he will crack on. I think we have a decent player there so need to also be a bit patient with him.
  • Can I say "early doors" that I am not sure this guy is going to be the answer this season. Little or no upper body strength and no experience of this division. If he gets 10 goals from 19 games I will be stunned, but if he gets even 5 I will be pleasantly surprised.

On the other hand, the big Swede..........different gravy, and already has an AA rating with me.
  • Reza will need the right service, he can't chase flick ons or get into the channels, he will need pinpoint passes to feet or between defenders.

I reckon having him up front with Tudgay as well could be an advantage
  • I didn't know the Dutch thing. That could mean his English is decent.
  • I didn't know the Dutch thing. That could mean his English is decent.

It is, see his interview on CAFC Player.
  • Just Reeeeza <3<3<3

Oh sh!t, I thought I was on the CAFC Facebook page...
  • I like the look of him, I think once he gets that first goal, it will all start to click. We just need to give him some patience.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like him. As others have said he could have had 3 goals by now with a bit more luck. Young, athletic, skillful with pace, an eye for goal with a good attitude. What is there not to like. He is lightweight for the English league though so he'll need help/advice on adapting to that.
  • He looks like he knows where the goal is, great strike vs Wigan that really should have gone in, hit the post vs QPR, again unluckily in my opinion, there was the header vs Birmingham which was pretty good considering he is not the biggest! I am not overly concerned about his lack of goals just yet as there are good signs, once he gets off the mark and has found his range I reckon he will be pretty regular on the score sheet.
  • I like the look of him, I think once he gets that first goal, it will all start to click. We just need to give him some patience.

And some decent service.

• Agreed with most other people looks a decent player and unlucky not to have scored in the QPR & Wigan games, give him time to settle and im sure we have a decent striker plus i don't care how minor their chances are, im excited we have a player going to the World Cup that we can support.
  • I think he looks quality

Agreed watching him v qpr we gave him no service. He will need the ball played ahead of him that he can run on to or played into the box, we gave him non of that. I think he will benefit from a Wiley old head like tudgay