Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• jeez, best not draw up at Bramall Lane - any replay would be on Mon 17th, moving the B'mouth game to the Wed (19th).

so we'd be playing sat, mon, wed, sat, tues
  • Getting very messy all of this, makes it a nonsense we did not play mid week last week.
  • edited February 2014
    Loads of football!!! LOVE IT!!!!
  • If we get through where would the Brighton game be moved to

When we get through
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

That'd mean I'd miss THREE matches !!!!!!

When we get through
    Sheff Utd should not be taken lightly, Already beaten 2 prem clubs in Villa and Fulham
  • jeez, best not draw up at Bramall Lane - any replay would be on Mon 17th,ing the B'mouth game to the Wed (19th).

so we'd be playing sat, mon, wed, sat, tues

No no and no please no replay as I've booked 18th off work as on evening shift that week and no change of changing now

• NEED A BIGGER SQUAD!!!

When we get through
    Sheff Utd should not be taken lightly, Already beaten 2 prem clubs in Villa and Fulham
    2 very poor perm teams at moment though

• Sponsored links:

When we get through

Maybe so but some would argue we are a poor Championship team, All I am saying is don't underestimate them.

The Wendies did that to us and look what happened.
  • Interesting. Let's hope we don't need a replay, but this is a smart move. If we draw against Sheffield Utd and then get through we'll have to play three times in a week twice, but this gets one of those out of the way immediately and we are only at a disadvantage in one of the fixtures because Utd will be in the same boat as us obviously. Very sensible.
  • Oh brilliant. So I either come back early from Cheltenham on March 15th or miss the rearranged Hudds game & now if we draw with Sheff U, the replay is on Monday March 17th, where I also have something booked up & paid for :-(

Wednesday April 23rd.

When we get through

Maybe so but some would argue we are a poor Championship team, All I am saying is don't underestimate them.

The Wendies did that to us and look what happened.
    6 wins on the bounce in all competitions............they have come good!

When we get through

They also beat Forest!

• edited February 2014

If we get through where would the Brighton game be moved to

When we get through
    I agree. I've gotten caught up in cup fever a little and have mentioned Wembley to a couple of people but this will be an immensely tough game. Sheffield United will also view this as the most winnable fixture in the round and likewise view it as some sort of redemption for a crap season.

However, I don't think SCP will send the players out there thinking it's a walkover, Fulham, Villa and Forest may not have turned up but I'd imagine Sheffield United also made it very, very tough for them. Nigel Clough is no mug.
    They could be up for this even more than we are, hopefully we match their tenacity and our extra bit of quality (on paper) shines through.

That is a bit doom and gloom but if we have a poor result at Leicester tomorrow I'd imagine the lot of people saying when we get to Wembley will be backpeddling. In short, don't count your red pandas before they're born.
  • The fixture pile up is a worry and injuries are much more likely.

However I could also see it helping us a bit. If we have so many fixtures so close together it might help the players build up a bit of momentum, confidence and form. If there are any setbacks or poor performances, they will have no time to dwell on it as they will always have something else to focus on immediately and an opportunity to put things right. The January period was so tough because we lost a game then had no time to put it right and the next points seemed so far away. With many games close together hopefully we will at least pick some points up and drag ourselves away.